Sign in to follow this  
Boursk

[Vehicles] Helicopter Drone machine gun mounts could really use an improvement

I was actually kind of excited to try out the so called "rotary gatling" machine guns on the chopper, but as it turns out it's literaly just 2 of those really slow firing 12.7 mils when I thought it was something more fun like machine guns that spray in a circle around the crosshair.

Same thing with the smaller machine gun mounts too, just 2 small MG's that shoot like lasers where as I'd rather have them too also spray in a small area, it really would give people alot more reason to use them honestly.

Edited by Boursk

Agreed. The problem with the MGs now are the same as they were back before the Helicopter Drone went live. They're just simply not worth taking, double so given that the Helicopter Drone is a base 4k Strike now compared to it's older BP cost. It basically comes down to simply; If this thing is going to cost me a lot of BP, I might as well go full ham on the weaponry.

I brought this up in April before 0.6 went to live and still to this day stand by most of my original suggestions. Though a few of them have already come true excluding the turrets themselves.

My hope is that the MGs do get upgraded at some point, I would love to play with those over ZUNI HE or the Hydra AP I usually run. But, that isn't going to happen till the MGs start feeling like they're worth taking over the rocket pods. I should try the bombs again also, see if there was any improvements there since 0.6.

Edited by Dunabar
Typo fixing
  • Like 1

My 1st suggestion would be that the MGs should use explosive rounds that should deal a lot of damage to infantry only. Using it on APCs (and by extention, MBTs) would only damage optic sight, RCWS, armor plates and only those, doing little to no damage to their main health pool. That should at least make them more viable, but then again i feel like it could be abused.

My 2nd would be turning the MG pods into MG turrets that is positioned under the nose of the Heli Drone. Since it would only load 1 turret, the BP cost on it should be reduced significantly. That would make the equipment slot a necessity to compliment your drone loadout.

Edited by ranmoru456

9 hours ago, ranmoru456 said:

My 1st suggestion would be that the MGs should use explosive rounds that should deal a lot of damage to infantry only. Using it on APCs (and by extention, MBTs) would only damage optic sight, RCWS, armor plates and only those, doing little to no damage to their main health pool. That should at least make them more viable, but then again i feel like it could be abused.

My 2nd would be turning the MG pods into MG turrets that is positioned under the nose of the Heli Drone. Since it would only load 1 turret, the BP cost on it should be reduced significantly. That would make the equipment slot a necessity to compliment your drone loadout.

Honestly explosive rounds sounds a bit dumb, but then again what do I know if the devs actually consider this a good idea?

I figured the circle pattern on where you're firing was good enough.

Sign in to follow this