Boursk

Boursk's Salt Thread

I'll be updating this thread with new pictures as I go on playing, but here is a sample just to start off :- O

rage.png

rage 2.png

Edited by Boursk

DAyum

Bunch of noobs crying about getting picked out and not shooting the Heli's down (they are not that op if everyone shoots at them)

1 minute ago, Matt_dOvale said:

DAyum

Bunch of noobs crying about getting picked out and not shooting the Heli's down (they are not that op if everyone shoots at them)

Indeed lol

What a pointless thread. It's fun meeting the heli abusers in TDM, since they can't even hold a candle to me when I'm getting 15-25 kills every round with under 5 deaths. Heli is for bads, honestly. It's so funny seeing people with 1:1 or negative KDRs spawn a heli and go on 20+ killstreaks, it's a pretty obvious tell that they're just garbage who can't actually play without the training wheels.

9 minutes ago, Zvolteh said:

What a pointless thread. It's fun meeting the heli abusers in TDM, since they can't even hold a candle to me when I'm getting 15-25 kills every round with under 5 deaths. Heli is for bads, honestly. It's so funny seeing people with 1:1 or negative KDRs spawn a heli and go on 20+ killstreaks, it's a pretty obvious tell that they're just garbage who can't actually play without the training wheels.

in most cases thats true. I even saw a guy who switched teams while the score was ~3000 vs 500 just to get 4000 bonus bp to get the heli. When his heli got down he couldnt do much as infantry. After all, every game with vehicles has such players who play vehicles only

15 минут назад, Zvolteh сказал:

2 минуты назад, Atway сказал:

in most cases thats true. I even saw a guy who switched teams while the score was ~3000 vs 500 just to get 4000 bonus bp to get the heli. When his heli got down he couldnt do much as infantry. After all, every game with vehicles has such players who play vehicles only

Pfff, infantry elitists.? U must be Universal Soldiers. Like ME.?

4 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Pfff, infantry elitists.? U must be Universal Soldiers. Like ME.?

Pfff, Universal Soldiers elitists. You should be pro at least for one speciality but not average for all at once. Like ME ?

im joking...

you cant be like me ?

I do enjoy playing infantry but the extremely bad stutters and FPS drops makes it alot less enjoyable than it could be, so jumping into vehicles makes it somewhat tolerable :d

Edited by Boursk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tynblpb said:

Emmm... NA servers? 

NA? Good joke lol 

EU of course :P

3 hours ago, Ragir said:

Just FYI, you can report players like this to me or mods. All I need is a screenshot and SteamID64 (how to obtain it: https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/5334-reporting-cheaters-guidelines/).

We're giving temporary bans for people like this to cool off, we will also add an option to report toxic behaviour later.

I don't wanna report them, just store their salt in this thread lol 

14 hours ago, Ragir said:

Just FYI, you can report players like this to me or mods. All I need is a screenshot and SteamID64 (how to obtain it: https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/5334-reporting-cheaters-guidelines/).

We're giving temporary bans for people like this to cool off, we will also add an option to report toxic behaviour later.

I hope that Toxic Behavior report is really, really fleshed out when it goes live. That type of thing brings a lot of concern to someone like me as "Toxic Behavior" is a very, very broad term.

Edited by Dunabar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dunabar said:

I hope that Toxic Behavior report is really, really fleshed out when it goes live. That type of thing brings a lot of concern to someone like me as "Toxic Behavior" is a very, very broad term.

If you're calling people n words in chat and TKing like a mad man, you will get a temporary ban the first time and permaban the next time, just don't be a dick and it'll be fine. Reporting someone for toxicity will require a proof, just like cheating, so it should cut down on fake reports made out of spite a lot and it will be handled by a person and not by a program, which is where all the problems with automated bans come from.

1 hour ago, Ragir said:

If you're calling people n words in chat

Ugh, here we go again...Alright, Ragir you're the expert here and I'm going to ask a honest question.

On a difficulty scale of 1 to 10, 10 being Extremely Difficult...How hard would it be to put a system in place so members of the Community can just mute each other across all games of WW3? Voice, Text, the whole works of completely blocking all forms of communication between each other.

4 hours ago, Dunabar said:

On a difficulty scale of 1 to 10, 10 being Extremely Difficult...How hard would it be to put a system in place so members of the Community can just mute each other across all games of WW3? Voice, Text, the whole works of completely blocking all forms of communication between each other.

Harder than it would be for people to behave like adults. Like Ragir said "Just don't be a dick", it is very easy to avoid that.

It's not even a case of it being difficult, it's just a case of making a decision: do we make this system instead of something else? The toxicity part would be just a small addon to reporting feature, but creating something like this is on par with both of them together. And I don't really think it's a good idea to just cover your ears and pretend people are not being dicks in your game - we'd rather just make sure people know they are being dicks and give them chance to stop ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ragir said:

It's not even a case of it being difficult, it's just a case of making a decision: do we make this system instead of something else? The toxicity part would be just a small addon to reporting feature, but creating something like this is on par with both of them together. And I don't really think it's a good idea to just cover your ears and pretend people are not being dicks in your game - we'd rather just make sure people know they are being dicks and give them chance to stop ?

I can understand players needing to be banned when they say things such as "Gonna kill you and your family" in real life or something, but more light stuff I honestly think you could just add a censor system that blurrs out certain words.

(lowkey: I don't really think WW3 in it's current state has the luxury to uphold bans on players who just run their mouth about insignificant stuff lol)

11 hours ago, Ragir said:

It's not even a case of it being difficult, it's just a case of making a decision: do we make this system instead of something else? The toxicity part would be just a small addon to reporting feature, but creating something like this is on par with both of them together.

I get it. Do you commit limited manpower, resources, and time to X, or Y? But, imagine what else you could put time towards if you didn't bother trying to play Purity Police on top of whatever comes in the future. There are things People will say/do that you all will need to crackdown on and I bet a majority of it would result in me cheering you all on for doing it. But, there is a line in the sand where my individual support ends.

Right now you say it will be small, Ragir. But, history has shown that this kind of stuff never stays small, it just expands over time, and eventually it will swallow up People that fall into the grey areas simply because "Better safe than sorry" will be seen as the better approach.

11 hours ago, Ragir said:

And I don't really think it's a good idea to just cover your ears and pretend people are not being dicks in your game - we'd rather just make sure people know they are being dicks and give them chance to stop ?

Yup...We're going down this path. Alright...

Ragir, if the future goal is to prevent People from being dicks in your game then...

• Remove the ability to Taunt.
  • Remove the Chat feature.
  • Remove the ability to Crouch.
  • Remove Friendly Fire from the game.
  • Remove any ability to verbally talk in game.

And you might be in a better position to wage battle on this old battlefield. Even then when you folks are ready to go over the top, I will stay back in the trench to watch regardless of how many threats of Order No. 227 come down. Because unless you got a weapon to remove a person's individuality & change human nature, you all would be better off committing your resources towards dealing with People that realistically threaten others, call for the targeted harassment of others, threaten to release People's private information, and other matters such as these. Let the dicks ramble till they drive themselves into social isolation. At least at that point when they try to point fingers at those who are to blame, they will have a nice image of themselves pointing right back at them.

Edited by Dunabar

Remove the ability to Crouch.

Why? to stop people from Teabagging?

Remove Friendly Fire from the game.

Redirect the damage to the player itself, with the friendly fire penalty in BP. ?
Just like in Insurgency: Sandstorm

Don't let this happen as quickly in that game though, a few full auto teamkills and damaging friendlies excessively should do the trick.

Edited by Matt_dOvale

44 minutes ago, Matt_dOvale said:

Bingo. If the mission is to stop People from being dicks, then clearly T-Bagging needs to be eliminated which is only possible through the removal of crouching. I'm not actually advocating for this in all seriousness as frankly I don't care if People actually T-Bag.

6 hours ago, Dunabar said:

Remove the ability to Crouch.

Try playing the game without crouching once for a whole match (warzone mode specifically). Would really like to see you do it (record it). 

1 hour ago, Matt_dOvale said:

In all honesty, T-bagging in this game is pretty much little to non-existent since what's the point of it if the player you killed can't see you doing it after he/she died.

Edited by ranmoru456

8 minutes ago, ranmoru456 said:

Try playing the game without crouching once for a whole match (warzone mode specifically). Would really like to see you do it (record it). 

In all honesty, T-bagging in this game is pretty much little to non-existent since what's the point of it if the player you killed can't see you doing it after he/she died.

Go back and read my post extra slowly...

Edited by Dunabar

19 minutes ago, Dunabar said:

Go back and read my post slowly...

I know what your point is, just take that comment as a joke. Unfortunately, as much as most of us hate it, there're always people like @Boursk mentioned no matter how much the devs (or any of us for that matter) try to police it. I've met my fair share just by playing the game normally.

Edited by ranmoru456