Sign in to follow this  
mardell

[Weapon] "magpool reloading"

Example:   

If a player has 120 bullets for a machine gun and machine gun is half-full (15/30), while pressing reload button he simply transfers 15 bullets from a “virtual storage” into the gun and leaving 105 bullets in the “virtual storage”.

Achieved effect is that a player is always reloading a gun with the full magazine while bullets from the current magazine get back to the storage.

realistic:

The idea is not to make an absolute realistic approach where a player should be involved in every aspect of reloading and magazine handling, but rather something which will add some extra elements while shooting and planing a gun battle, while remaining simple and not adding so much extra work for the player.

If a player has 120 bullets for a machine gun and machine gun is half-full (15/30), while pressing reload button, drop a current magazine and replace it with next oneand deducted from the virtual repository -30.  90 bullets remain in the virtual repository.

is to force the player that he uses the most of the current magazine,

• Like 3

Was discussed half of a year ago. It was hot discussion... But no enthusiasm whatsoever. So, even though I support the idea I wouldn't upvote it just not to waste time again.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Was discussed half of a year ago. It was hot discussion... But no enthusiasm whatsoever. So, even though I support the idea I wouldn't upvote it just not to waste time again.

yes unfortunately windmill fight.

I just want to guide the game ideas, a little towards realism.

because the current  this is BF and COD direction is inadequate, and it can be seen on player numbers...

I had 10-0 on Berlin TDM a week ago, and even with this score, I had 54 ammo left in drum + 30 additional Hollow Point. Ammo Packs are really useless right now. So, T-UP!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Well if we loose the whole mag, wouldn't it be better to have the full realistic version where you can still reuse your half empty mags once you've used all your full ones ?

This would be a terrible thing for drum users as they only carry 2 spare ones (this comes from a 30 round mag user)

Edited by JiggyJinjo

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, JiggyJinjo said:

Well if we loose the whole mag, wouldn't it be better to have the full realistic version where you can still reuse your half empty mags once you've used all your full ones ?

This would be a terrible thing for drum users as they only carry 2 spare ones (this comes from a 30 round mag user)

This simplified version I wrote would not require much work for developers.

the extra amount of ammunition is given to users of the drum repository.

would not be useless for many ammunition packets.

Edited by mardell

28 minutes ago, mardell said:

This simplified version I wrote would not require much work for developers.

the extra amount of ammunition is given to users of the drum repository.

would not be useless for many ammunition packets.

Well I am a developer myself and it is very easy to implement (less than 1 hour tests included). You just have to keep track of the count of each magazine in a list. When you reload, you have to loop through the list to get the mag with the highest ammo count and that's it.

• Thanks 1