Fullback

[vehicles] more teamwork in tanks

Rozmo

Suggestion has been sent for verification

Message added by Rozmo

And friend and I played a few rounds in the mobile spawn point and tried to make it more viable than just drive to a point, spawn 3 guys and then get blown up. It was with moderate success but we had a blast. The amount of coordination and teamwork you need if you have a gunner and a driver is amazing and makes for awesome and fun moments.

I would love to have some kind of tank which needs a driver, gunner and rcws on top and I got a few different suggestions.

Keep the IFV and AFV as they are rigth now. One man to drive and shoot the turret so you can still get good tanks when you are lonewolfing.

Make the MBT's the way I described. They are powerhouses but to get the full potential you have to work together as gunner and driver (+rcws).

or

Give the MBT's a "heavy turret" which has a lot of power but needs seperate controlling to work. People still can play the MBT's but if you want the big boom on it you need again teamwork.

You also have the option to have different engines (even tho there is only one to choose from atm). Bigger better engines require a dedicated driver to get it to work.

If you want to you can add some 7.62 or something peashooter for the driver on the front so he do a little bit for the combat.

I think more teamwork is never something bad if you don't forget about lonewolfs at the same time so I would love to hear what other people think.

I'm no video game dev so I'm not sure if this is even possible to just implement it that easily or it needs a lot of rework.

Separated gunner+driver seating wasn't working for self-propelled artillery in 1942, wouldn't work for tanks in 2019.

11 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Separated gunner+driver seating wasn't working for self-propelled artillery in 1942, wouldn't work for tanks in 2019. 

I'm confused are you for the idea or against it?

5 минут назад, Fullback сказал:

I'm confused are you for the idea or against it?

Against. Don't want to look for adequate teammate when I'll suddenly decide to ride on MBT.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Against. Don't want to look for adequate teammate when I'll suddenly decide to ride on MBT.

As my second point you don't need to have a teammate to drive a mbt. Just different loadout which requires teamwork. If you don't want to work together just take a different turret.

7 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

maybe make it an option with the lock key (default [L]) or another key or combination (shift+L or Ctrl+L)

One nice thing in BF1 is a fact, that tank is a reason to cooperate, because not only driver have a gun. Here, when you have a default tank, second player can be only a passenger.

Hmm I would like the idea that operating vehicle is one thing and controlling guns other but I don't think this will match our game meta, also this is not a simulator like in SQUAD or HLL.  But worth a try

5 minutes ago, Rozmo said:

Hmm I would like the idea that operating vehicle is one thing and controlling guns other but I don't think this will match our game meta, also this is not a simulator like in SQUAD or HLL.  But worth a try.

1. is a little drastic and not many people are a fan of it.

Idea 2. removes nothing which is ingame right now. You still can do the same things as you are doing now.

You "just" add a heavy turret and a better engine. If it doesn't remove anything from the game but expands on it I don't see the problem.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rozmo said:

Hmm I would like the idea that operating vehicle is one thing and controlling guns other but I don't think this will match our game meta, also this is not a simulator like in SQUAD or HLL.  But worth a try

audible beep, if the tank's life force drops below 25% that the crew can recognize the danger.

very should.

Edited by mardell

9 hours ago, Rozmo said:

Make it optional, maybe a special addon in the tank editing menu or a button to lock the tank in separate driver and gunner

I like the idea of making it separate, because sometimes it's hard to shoot and drive at the same time. Especially when retreating, I keep getting stuck on something because I try to keep an eye on the RPGs trying to kill me. If there was a separate driver I can either concentrate on killing people or concentrate on just the driving.
Also you can't look behind you and control the gun at the same time, you can only keep the gun in position using [Alt]. If there was a separate driver, then he can look backwards while you are still kicking ass with the big gun.

• Thanks 1

18 часов назад, Matt_dOvale сказал:

Make it optional, maybe a special addon in the tank editing menu or a button to lock the tank in separate driver and gunner

Yep, it will be nice, if players can operate with tanks (and other vehicles too) both ways.

Posted (edited)

I don't know if making it optional is a good idea. I think consistency is the key here. Either we go for it and make it mandatory or we leave it out. My point is, if you add something like this as optional, you loose consistency. It would seem like there is no direction in this game.

Edited by PartTimeAHole

I think it is a great idea as @Fullback mentioned, just make some buffed weapon/amor/engine for 2 body system and make let the rest as it is rgiht now.

It is not am meta changer then, not like in Squad or MIL-SIM like that.

@Rozmo
The big differnets is you are not forced in the 2 body system.

lonewolfing is still a way to go and on the other side teamplay is drasticly encouraged.

It is the Player´s choice.

Dont like it , dont use it

Like it and you have 2 bodys with you on the battlefield ( 1 driver, 1 guner) you will have a great tank expience.

• Like 2