Sign in to follow this  
Atway

[Feature] [Gadget] Gas grenades, gas masks

Question

Add gas grenades which deal damage over time, decrease visibility with some "drunk" effect and damage soldiers inside vehicles.

Add gas protection for vehicles as a part of customization (I know that some tanks and AFVs have it by default, but let it be as an option)

Make gasmasks not customization item only but as useful gadget but with decreased visibility

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

Smoke grenades should also make you cough and blur your vision without doing damage. As for the gas masks I wonder how it would work, it may be tricky. If it is a gadget you choose then it would be sorta lame to have to spend your one gadget choice on it, and at the same time if nobody chose the mask for that reason the gas grenades would be brutal, and if it is an item everyone has what is the purpose of the gas in the first place. How do you imagine it working?

Good idea! I think there are plans for more grenades in the future.

2 hours ago, NeoOrNeon said:

Smoke grenades should also make you cough and blur your vision without doing damage.

agree. I like how it is in Insurgency

2 hours ago, NeoOrNeon said:

If it is a gadget you choose then it would be sorta lame to have to spend your one gadget choice on it

yeah, right. Not the best option tbh. Like for now you cant set head armor up if no helmet. Ssame for gasmask, but in an opposite way: an additional slot like for armor now - you can choose wether you wear gasmask or dont. If you do, then you are able to set it in customization.

That was my other point though. If it's like additional ammo and it's just a buff to choose everyone will choose it and it makes gas just pointless.

12 hours ago, NeoOrNeon said:

it's just a buff to choose everyone will choose it and it makes gas just pointless.

it should have some weight and it should be wore to get gas protection. Also it should decrease visibility. So it has both as pros and cons as well 

4 minutes ago, Atway said:

it should have some weight and it should be wore to get gas protection. Also it should decrease visibility. So it has both as pros and cons as well 

That's fair but how do you choose it? I don't think it should be a gadget.

2 minutes ago, NeoOrNeon said:

That's fair but how do you choose it? I don't think it should be a gadget.

new "item" slot maybe

Yeah that's probably semantics. "Gas" grenades are going to be added for sure. Did you play the PTE when they added the thermite, phosphorus, and impact grenades for a short time? The phosphorus grenades worked similar to a gas grenade, we get some gas maskes and we are set.

4 minutes ago, NeoOrNeon said:

Did you play the PTE when they added the thermite, phosphorus, and impact grenades for a short time? The phosphorus grenades worked similar to a gas grenade, we get some gas maskes and we are set.

I did. I know about gas masks. Just wonder if it comes to live servers in nearest future

11 hours ago, JiggyJinjo said:

we already have gas masks, it would only require you to not wear an helmet

There was an argument that in irl you can in fact use a helmet on top of a gasmask, but in this game it's a matter of balancing: head protection or gas protection. If you could wear both, then it's not even a serious choice to even consider anymore, everyone will just use a gasmask. 

So I'm at peace with this fact.