Sign in to follow this  
Sovietique51

Server player capacity with 0.7?

Posted (edited)

Hello, I wanted to know if with the new version 4.21 of unreal engine has 0.7 goes improves performance on servers and calculations. Are you going to increase the capacity of the servers
48 or 64 players? Thank you.

Edited by Sovietique51

Posted (edited)
  1. 48 and 64 are dumb numbers - We have 5 man squads, so think more along the lines of 50, 60, 70, etc etc...
  2. Without WW3's game engine being upgraded and there being extensive testing, I wouldn't get your hopes up for larger game modes right away. Even in a PTE game where we had only 10 more players than usual, the server was running at 80-90% capacity and performance did degrade. But, this was prior to this latest update to the Unreal Engine, so something may have changed, though I doubt it was anything significant enough to make larger game modes run smoothly without extensive work being done by the devs.
Edited by Dunabar

Sorry I did not calculate based on the number of people in the squad. I know that at the beginning of the launch the server was not limited to 30 players.

20 minutes ago, Sovietique51 said:

Sorry I did not calculate based on the number of people in the squad. I know that at the beginning of the launch the server was not limited to 30 players.

No need to be sorry lol. Anyways, once the Devs have upgraded the engine then we will see where things will go from there. For right now though, I just suggest not getting your hopes too high up while we're trunching through the forest.

• Like 1

The main thing to remember is that we also want to have more players on each machine, so if/when it becomes possible, it will happen for sure, for now we don't know. We could increase the number of players at the cost of server tickrate and accuracy even now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2019 at 3:20 AM, mardell said:

The size of the current maps is even small for 30 players.

I don't think so, a lot of the time I find squads end up having to split up to cover all the CPs. I'm personally hoping for 30v30 WZ large, because that actually felt like a full size battle. I don't want to dunk on regular Warzone because it definitely has its moments, but large is a lot better

13 minutes ago, nubbits said:

I don't think so, a lot of the time I find squads end up having to split up to cover all the CPs. I'm personally hoping for 30v30 WZ large, because that actually felt like a full size battle. I don't want to dunk on regular Warzone because it definitely has its moments, but large is a lot better

I just wish we had a little more open spaces without any rubble or holes in the ground; i think open spaces would do a lot of good for bigger battles. RN everyone just runs around on their own, I never feel like I have a team who is fighting with me clearing buildings or just covering me when I run across the battlefield. Open fields would require you to have backup covering you because if they don't your team will lose pretty fast.

• Like 1

I think this would be a better fit for a new map, considering the gameplay changes we have between the different maps already, but I agree it would be great to see this

14.07.2019 в 21:20, mardell сказал:

The size of the current maps is even small for 30 players.

Nothing like that!

Yesterday we played on PTE 26 against 26 players and there was no shortage of free space.

1 hour ago, BadRussiaN said:

Nothing like that!

Yesterday we played on PTE 26 against 26 players and there was no shortage of free space.

I saw the video 26V26 Warsaw.

And I wasn't not impressed. I saw a chaotic mess. 

It was worse than BF3 Metro map ...

2 hours ago, Sovietique51 said:

I do not understand why, they are not added the D capture points on the maps Warsaw, as there was at the beginning of the games.

It was just a quick stress test, the maps don't exist on our the players disks anymore and it would suck to have to download and install them, which takes hours for some people. 

Edited by Matt_dOvale
could've looked like I'm a dev

59 minutes ago, Matt_dOvale said:

59 minutes ago, Matt_dOvale said:

It was just a quick stress test, the maps don't exist on our the players disks anymore and it would suck to have to download and install them, which takes hours for some people

Good point of view. Surely the reason

Edited by Sovietique51