AiRJacobs

[Feature] Realistic Revive/Bandage System

Posted (edited)

World War 3 sorely needs a revive system, but NOT something like the Battlefield revive system. Of course it is ridiculous to bring someone back to life after they've been blasted by a tank, with nothing more than a shock from a defibrillator. Think the revive system from America's Army. Here is the scenario:

A teammate has been shot and incapacitated, but their wounds are not fatal. They must lay, immobile, until a teammate reaches them (or they can suicide). Once a teammate makes it to a downed soldier, they will be prompted with symptoms that the downed soldier is experiencing, upon which the soldier giving first aid must administer the proper treatment. After that, they begin a relatively lengthy "bandaging" process for treating every open bullet wound. The total length of time for the process could be anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds. Once the downed soldier is treated, they can again move, but their health will be very low until they can obtain more medical supplies to treat themselves. If the soldier giving treatment has selected their gadgets to be medical supplies or the syringe, they will be able to give treatment faster (for game mechanics sake).

If the soldier was shot in the head, run over by a vehicle, or blown up by any explosive, they will not be treatable.

To say that a revive system would not work and be unrealistic is entirely ignorant to how real world military;s operate. When a fellow soldier is shot and incapacitated, they aren't just left to bleed out. Soldiers have basic first aid training to stop bleeding of wounds, and bandage then up. While we're on the topic of realism, World War 3's medical system already isn't realistic. In the real world, you don't go to a medical crate and magically heal your bullet wounds, broken bones, and extract shrapnel from your body by looking at the crate, or by getting poked with a syringe.

I think the implementation of a system like this would be entirely fitting of the game's play style and setting. It would increase immersion, while not hindering any other mechanics, but rather offering players more choices in game. This will also increase teammate cooperation and coordination. Change my mind.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Edited by AiRJacobs

I more likely to finish injured teammate(so he wouldn't suffer) than waste from 10 to 30 secs to revive him. Especially when he will be low HP after revive.

3 hours ago, tynblpb said:

I more likely to finish injured teammate(so he wouldn't suffer) than waste from 10 to 30 secs to revive him. Especially when he will be low HP after revive.

Damn...

Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2019 at 9:21 PM, tynblpb said:

Enemies are just going to double tap anyway so you don't need to do anything.
I'm against this idea, it's not a milsim like ARMA or Squad. 
Also, you are going to get shot when reviving or healing your teammate. The maps are wayyy too small for this kind of system.

Friendly down > you kill/down enemy > enemy chooses to respawn > he will be there in less than 20 seconds and kill you while you're treating wounds. Or he has friends with him and they kill you when in a unskippable quicktime event.
Unless respawning after dying is going to take way longer it's not worth the hassle.

Overall it drastically changes the flow of the game. Right now it's fast paced and intensive, this system would halt the game in its track.]

On 7/15/2019 at 3:03 AM, AiRJacobs said:

So I take it then you'd prefer a Battlefield-like revive system?

I want NO revive system.

as for the rest I get all that, but I just don't think it fits, maps are pretty small and especially when server sizes go up there will be an enemy around almost every corner. You won't get the chance of reviving because everyone with common sense goes to help when they hear gunshots closeby.

But be my guest let's throw this in the tests on PTE and see if it works, which is way too big of a concept to not be sure about to implement. So I don't think they are gonna add a test if they are not planning on implementing such a feature.

Edited by Matt_dOvale
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, AiRJacobs said:

World War 3 sorely needs a revive system

tag

Place [feature] in front of the thread name. It will most likely not be considered without a bracket tag.
Edit by clicking and holding title.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Matt_dOvale said:

Enemies are just going to double tap anyway so you don't need to do anything.
I'm against this idea, it's not a milsim like ARMA or Squad. 
Also, you are going to get shot when reviving or healing your teammate. The maps are wayyy too small for this kind of system.

Friendly down > you kill/down enemy > enemy chooses to respawn > he will be there in less than 20 seconds and kill you while you're treating wounds. Or he has friends with him and they kill you when in a unskippable quicktime event.
Unless respawning after dying is going to take way longer it's not worth the hassle.

Overall it drastically changes the flow of the game. Right now it's fast paced and intensive, this system would halt the game in its track.]

I already addressed the realism point, but no matter what, someone will always complain that it's either too realistic, or not realistic enough. So I take it then you'd prefer a Battlefield-like revive system? Or perhaps, make it so that enemies cannot double-tap. Simple fix.

As for your "scenario" it has many flaws in it that were not part of my point. You will most definitely be able to revive your teammate in less time than it will take for the enemy to get back to your position, and in less time than it would take for your teammate to otherwise respawn and also have to make it back to your position. You say this would slow down gameplay, how? If anything, it would decrease the time players have to spend running back to the place they died and increase the pace of the game. Also, what "unskippable quicktime event" are you referring to? I never mentioned any animations. I agree those would be a liability. Regardless, this isn't suppose to be a "fast-paced, intensive" game anyway. It's a tactical shooter (basically, 1 level away from a mil-sim).

The optimal scenario is "Friendly down>kill enemy>check to see if area is clear(throw smoke if you have to>patch up teammate(stop at any point if you must)>continue fighting with an extra hand. You never know how long it will take reinforcements to arrive and this will keep up the pace of the game, rather than you having to wait for your teammates to show up again, and possibly get killed along the way. I use this strategy in many FPS's that have a medic/revive system, and IT WORKS.

FYI: If you get shot reviving a teammate, that's on you, dumbass. Anyone with common sense knows to make sure the area is clear before attempting to revive a downed man. That's not the game's nor the mechanic's fault. If the area is not clear, anyone with a functioning brain would either not go through the revive, or clear the area again. Simple concept.

Edited by AiRJacobs

The current healing process should be slowed down.
Possibly.

Posted (edited)

Use the forum search, this has been talked about quite a few times before and the devs are unlikely to add any revive system, so in short you die you ded. In my opinion knowing that if I die I can't be revived and that if I can't stay in the fight my squad will suffer, I am more careful about how I play. I like to think this is one of the things that slows the gameplay down a bit. You might not agree but strategy and chaos are on a teeter totter of sorts. The more chaos you have and the less room for strategy and vice versa. If people are hopping back up off the ground it would add to the chaos and might throw off the balance.

Edited by NeoOrNeon
  • Like 3

On 7/14/2019 at 10:50 PM, mardell said:

The current healing process should be slowed down.
Possibly.

The first aid animation should take a little longer to get you back to holding your gun. If you try to fire while using the syringe you can sometimes skip the last half of the animation, it looks goofy but has saved me many times.

2 hours ago, NeoOrNeon said:

The first aid animation should take a little longer to get you back to holding your gun.

Then why would you take the syringe over the regular medpak? Sure enemies can't steal health from your pack, but that's easily fixed: just shoot the pack after you're done

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Matt_dOvale said:

Then why would you take the syringe over the regular medpak? 

I just think it's cooler and it is still faster than the pack plus you can move while using it.

Edited by NeoOrNeon

I think it's been already said that, devs won't implement the revive system to the game. To be fair revive system not always fit all the fps games. 

• Like 1