1 hour ago, jabbothehut said:

Still a choice isnt it? And the teams that dont get ruined.

And why do they get ruined? Because the game and it's mechanics are designed to require teamwork. In squad you can't even place a radio on your own, you need a teammate right next to you and the logistics truck needs to be within 30 meters from you. Same with rallies, you always need at leastone squadmate wih you to place one. Even more when you don't have a squadleader role.

So no, it's not a player choice, it's a design choice.

• Like 1

Gameplay at launch 8/10

Gamplay now 5/10

Agree with OP.

Seeing how this game pretty much became CoD when they reduced the TTK.

CoD level TTK is fine when played on Controllers that hold back the players but on mouse its too easy.

This game isnt that brainy or really requiring of team work.

New CoD looks dope AF and made me remember the good times I had in WW3 before it got ruined.

Biggest complaints about this game that extend from after launch changes.

1.TTK was ok at launch then it was changed and made the game less skillfull/less effort to kill. It is way too short and cod like rather have a BF stlye TTK instead of a spastic twitch shooter like CoD
(CoD is 3 BTK BTW for the people saying its 5) 5 isnt even long its in the middle. Also with 3 BTK you have no reason to aim for the head. With 5 BTK you can a reason to aim for a head and increase the skillgap of the game. Also its more content instead of being spastic who shoots who first win nonsense.

CoD has always had a low TTK of under .2 for most games and then just under .3 for the recent games which is the same as WW3.

2.The gunplay was the best thing about this game 9/10, loved it but changes after the TTK got lowered like adding sway and horizontal recoil killed the fun of the game. Gun no longer predictable and too random. No matter how good you are you still have to react the variable (sway&horizontal recoil) after it happens. Meaning that gunplay is now RNG based with caps the skillgap lower and the game is more shallow.

The issue with horizontal recoil is that the sway and it combine amplifying the issue with bad handling.

3. The spawning. Spawning is a issue in othergames but not anywhere near this bad and it got worse after the .6 patch.

Hated when people would spawn on teammates especially in fire fights and after .6 when it got worse made me stop caring about the game. Rigth now there enemies every where poping up. You lose the tactical part of the game when you can keep track of the situation

4. minimaps/radar. Rather not have it at all or only have allies show up wasnt a big concern but when you made the gunplay more shallow that meant the rest of the game had to pick up the slack like the tactical side which was not there in the beginning honestly.

After .6 where the UAVs now give wallhacks made me give up on the game. Devs should know better man. Took away the good gunplay and then took away strats.

Gunplay went to shit, Spawning issues got worse, and the game got more braindead especially with .6 patch.

I would love to get back into the game but it is very boring now and I wasn't hyped for the game at launch so I was objective with my opinion of the game. Still am objective with my opinion still. I'm just disappointed.

@Borreh I do think the game was clearly dumbed down saying it seems dumbed down because its not polished yet is not correct. If you revert I would definitely comeback and enjoy the game. The game is way way to casual. Fortnight is a less casual game then this which is sad seeing how great this game was at launch. Arma/squad games is not want I want and are games you would play casually not tryhard on.
I though this was going to be a BF like game but its more like CoD but more casual and has worst gunplay now.

Good gunplay can go along way and its not because the current gunplay is unpolished its because it is really not fun and superficial to the game. The old Gunplay carrried this game on its shoulders through all the bugs, low frames, and the other gameplay issues. 

Manly checking in on this game after seeing the new CoD which is very very similar to WW3 right now. CoD has good gunplay and no annoying sway or attempts to hold the player back letting them decide the outcome of the gun battles.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KDP said:

Manly checking in on this game after seeing the new CoD which is very very similar to WW3 right now. CoD has good gunplay and no annoying sway or attempts to hold the player back letting them decide the outcome of the gun battles.

After watching the new COD game video.

In the new COD game, who fires first, kills faster. Just like in WW3...

seeing in the videos, will not be easy to handle weapons in the new COD game either.

Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2019 at 10:48 AM, Matt_dOvale said:

And why do they get ruined? Because the game and it's mechanics are designed to require teamwork. In squad you can't even place a radio on your own, you need a teammate right next to you and the logistics truck needs to be within 30 meters from you. Same with rallies, you always need at leastone squadmate wih you to place one. Even more when you don't have a squadleader role.

So no, it's not a player choice, it's a design choice.

You miss the point but probably because I didnt articulate well. Anything is going to work better with teamwork. Even games like call of duty which are designed for you to be a 1 man army in tdm will work better if you coordinate and team up. Yes teamwork can be designed up to a point but you cant force it onto players who arent willing to participate in teamwork. I am 100% for teamwork but for big pub games you need to keep it simple since 32 players wont all be communicating together. You can use complex teamwork in 5v5 scenarios like in r6 but in big pub games you will fail the more you try to force it in.

I guess it's a case of both being the case and finding the middle point where it is fun and not a chore.

Edited by jabbothehut

10 hours ago, mardell said:

After watching the new COD game video.

In the new COD game, who fires first, kills faster. Just like in WW3...

seeing in the videos, will not be easy to handle weapons in the new COD game either.

Nahh unlike Cod i can actually kill people even if they fire first with weapons better than mine 

Posted (edited)

I like this TTK, it's not really a hardcore one... but not bad  
The problem for me personaly all over a whole testing is

1) netcode: damage that cames in one message and looks like a one shot, instadeath when you prefiring from the corner someone who running to you (like you just start leaning but you already dead) , dying behind the wall... etc. 
2) perfomance: so, during a closed beta i heard about it from 80+% of players. Stuttering, lagging, stuttering, freeezing... but today ppl with a less perfomance rig tells me - it's fine and no stuttering... but for me they still on the same place..  New options ^ GPU buffering and CPU boost.. helps to improve fps... but that's a fake... like a TrueMotion on TV...  my input lag is awfull.  TDM mode is pretty smooth, but warzones... it always redrawing the map with a huge spikes.. so, sometimes im even a freezing for 3-5 sec... 

So thats the main problems.. and soul is really fine. It's not even a Sqad... it's more a project reality..  the best form of BF)  And it's going in that directions.  With a proper feedback.  

P.S. CoD is a trash. 

Edited by Anachoretes

Seeing this old footage in WW3.
I can see what EraKrieger was thinking that the game had lost its soul.

I saw this footage and was saddened.

There is tactical play, teamwork, there is a front line, no lone wolf rush.  Nice slow gameplay!

This is a wonderful gameplay video.

• Haha 1

To be honest I miss the times where the Squadmates could spawn on the squadleader but the squadleader could only spawn on flags/base. 

It gave so much value to the squadleader and loosing him had really a impact for your push. Thats how frontlines developed. Once your SQL died you had to start the push anew.

Now the SQL is the first to go in and the disposable one because he can spawn so fast on anyone anyway. And you can't just wipe a squad by killing him. They will just keep comming as long as just 1 guy stays alive.

• Like 6

Haha, nice video of one team blocking the opposing one on the base and thus forming the frontline. Without armor strikes or bomb-runs this frontline can't be pushed and nowadays we see it as the one of the most whined 5000-100 match end situation. 

17 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Haha, nice video of one team blocking the opposing one on the base and thus forming the frontline. Without armor strikes or bomb-runs this frontline can't be pushed and nowadays we see it as the one of the most whined 5000-100 match end situation. 

I shared the video because of the gameplay pace.

I like the slow gameplay and slow speed, and teamwork.

The other team would have had a chance at the tactics, but did not use the tactics.

tactyc.png

2 hours ago, mardell said:

Seeing this old footage in WW3.
I can see what EraKrieger was thinking that the game had lost its soul.

I saw this footage and was saddened.

There is tactical play, teamwork, there is a front line, no lone wolf rush.  Nice slow gameplay!

This is a wonderful gameplay video.

Tactical, slow gameplay? Teamwork? Dude, they basically spawncamped the enemy. There is nothing good about that. Put your rose tinted glasses off and look at it again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PartTimeAHole said:

Tactical, slow gameplay? Teamwork? Dude, they basically spawncamped the enemy. There is nothing good about that. Put your rose tinted glasses off and look at it again.

bro, do you think you can hold on to your opponent without teamwork and tactics?

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, mardell said:

bro, do you think you can hold on to your opponent without teamwork and tactics?

Yes, you can. Look at the video, for example. All players were just clumped in one spot. That is neither tactical, nor teamwork. The slow gameplay with frontlines, you praised, was only there because everyone was at one side's spawn and couldn't go further. Granted, the oponents could go for the other route, but that doesn't change the fact that most of the video was spawncamping, nothing tactical. Honestly, you just found a very bad round where one side could not even put up a good fight.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PartTimeAHole said:

Yes, you can. Look at the video, for example. All players were just clumped in one spot. That is neither tactical, nor teamwork. The slow gameplay with frontlines, you praised, was only there because everyone was at one side's spawn and couldn't go further. Granted, the oponents could go for the other route, but that doesn't change the fact that most of the video was spawncamping, nothing tactical. Honestly, you just found a very bad round where one side could not even put up a good fight.

I shared the video because many factors were taken out of the game which slowed down the gameplay. The game has become too fast now.

The spawn rules were changed and the spawn time was reduced. A light pedestrian is already running at the speed of a motorbike.

Edited by mardell

2 hours ago, mardell said:

I shared the video because many factors were taken out of the game which slowed down the gameplay.

The spawn rules were changed and the spawn time was reduced. A light pedestrian is already running at the speed of a motorbike.

First the mode in the video was warzone large which is currently disabled 2. Back then the max playercount per server was higher 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mardell said:

I shared the video because many factors were taken out of the game which slowed down the gameplay. The game has become too fast now.

Players will be probably slowed down in the very near future, with all speeds based more or less on the current "heavy" loadout, we'll be testing those changes internally very soon.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Borreh said:

Players will be probably slowed down in the very near future, with all speeds based more or less on the current "heavy" loadout, we'll be testing those changes internally very soon.

Ugh I don't like the sound of that... can you at least make Light Speed class be somewhere in between Medium and Light based on the current weight system in this new configuration?

Otherwise I might just avoid playing infantry as much as possible, I really don't enjoy moving slow.

Edited by Boursk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mardell said:

Why didn't you say something like that from the beginning? What you say right now is very different from posting a video about spawncamping, without any context.

While I don't agree with you comepletely, I can at least get behind your opinion right now. I don't mind the spawn rules, I think they are fair. As for speed, the problem is not the speed itself but, in my opinion, the lack of a downside. How about a simple stamina system that won't slow you down but instead increase your weapon sway if you sprint too much? It would not hinder your mobility but you'll have a bad time hitting something, if you don't watch your movement.

14 minutes ago, PartTimeAHole said:

Why didn't you say something like that from the beginning? What you say right now is very different from posting a video about spawncamping, without any context.

While I don't agree with you comepletely, I can at least get behind your opinion right now. I don't mind the spawn rules, I think they are fair. As for speed, the problem is not the speed itself but, in my opinion, the lack of a downside. How about a simple stamina system that won't slow you down but instead increase your weapon sway if you sprint too much? It would not hinder your mobility but you'll have a bad time hitting something, if you don't watch your movement.

If I wanted a system like that i would play arma 3 

Saw the video. Looked at final score: 3000 - 0.

The "frontline" (more a spawn siege), the slow pace, everything in that video just shows a team of total newbies/demotivated/do not care to win/lost hope versus the other team that has nothing to do other than go get some kills at the enemy spawn point.

I would like to see comments if we saw the same match from the point of view of the losing team: "this game sucks, no one care, we lost tons vs absolutely nothing, not even 1 damn point achieved. This game is a spawn camp killing fest!".

There was no struggle, no challenge, nothing. I know it's a personal opinion, but i the matches i like to win more (in every videogame or rl sport) are the ones where the final result is uncertain till the end. 

Finally, the final score of the best squad was less than 18k. Looks like even the game itself is not conceived to reward such kind of easy wins.

3 hours ago, Ziogualty said:

Saw the video. Looked at final score: 3000 - 0.

The "frontline" (more a spawn siege), the slow pace, everything in that video just shows a team of total newbies/demotivated/do not care to win/lost hope versus the other team that has nothing to do other than go get some kills at the enemy spawn point.

I would like to see comments if we saw the same match from the point of view of the losing team: "this game sucks, no one care, we lost tons vs absolutely nothing, not even 1 damn point achieved. This game is a spawn camp killing fest!".

There was no struggle, no challenge, nothing. I know it's a personal opinion, but i the matches i like to win more (in every videogame or rl sport) are the ones where the final result is uncertain till the end. 

Finally, the final score of the best squad was less than 18k. Looks like even the game itself is not conceived to reward such kind of easy wins.

I didn't link the video because of the end result.

But the pace of gameplay is sympathetic to the fact that there is no crazy rush on the map.

I could have linked 10 other videos where the pace is closer to reality than the current WW3.

But look for the October 2018 WW3 videos. 

You will see a completely different style of play.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mardell said:

I didn't link the video because of the end result.

But the pace of gameplay is sympathetic to the fact that there is no crazy rush on the map.

I could have linked 10 other videos where the pace is closer to reality than the current WW3.

But look for the October 2018 WW3 videos. 

You will see a completely different style of play.

The end result tells you how the match went. Losing team did zero point. Nothing. Nada. Niente. In 30 minutes.

Of course the pace was like that with no rushes forth and back. The winning team has zero need to stay everywhere on the map but around the spawn zone, and the losing team was unable to get out of the spawn zone. 

I was there when the game game came out (20th october, able to play only since 21th due to...we know). I recall everything was unlocked, wipe was expected.

So people tried the gunplay, have fun with weapons, explore the maps, don't really care to play the game to get cash or win.  Videos of "October 2018" are not very indicative at all.

Now people care. War Zone is a a game mode when you have to move a lot to get rewards. And hope the other team is good as well, so that you can recapture, having fights, and earn cash and exp.

That being said,

WW3 can be good with another 'less rushy', more slow paced game mode, with something like progressive capture points, or with grace periods after getting a zone, or other stuff that can prevent zones to be captured (or disrupted) so easily by just one soldier.

I like the idea and hopefully devs have something like that in mind for the future: can be interesting and i will surely play it.

But a game mode like that needs different game mechanics and different reward system, especially for 'defending stuff'. War Zone is all about assault/capture. Challenging and rewarding matches will always see you quite frenzy most of the time.

Edited by Ziogualty
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2019 at 3:11 PM, Boursk said:

Ugh I don't like the sound of that... can you at least make Light Speed class be somewhere in between Medium and Light based on the current weight system in this new configuration?

Otherwise I might just avoid playing infantry as much as possible, I really don't enjoy moving slow.

We'll be testing the changes, they will be ofc on PTE as well. Currently the players are absurdly fast which can lead to a number of issues in the gameplay, as it's done to minimize the "clunk" due to the poor movement system currently in place. However, given how much more fluid the new one is, the old speeds will be a total overkill. Even now you can sprint so fast as a light that some vehicles like quads loose their significance.

The differences between speeds will be the same as they were before (+/- 15% faster or slower). Currently the light is between old heavy and medium but it's all up to testing and feedback.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 3

20 минут назад, Borreh сказал:

. Even now you can sprint so fast as a light that some vehicles like quads loose their significance.

I hope that slower movement speed would finally force players to use these 2 quads in the bases. How many times I've seen quads staying abandoned when team is baseblocked but nobody cares to sit in them and flank the enemies. Especially on Smolensk...

So, I'm all for reducing the movespeed.

• Like 3