Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Borreh said:

We'll be testing the changes, they will be ofc on PTE as well. Currently the players are absurdly fast which can lead to a number of issues in the gameplay, as it's done to minimize the "clunk" due to the poor movement system currently in place. However, given how much more fluid the new one is, the old speeds will be a total overkill. Even now you can sprint so fast as a light that some vehicles like quads loose their significance.

The differences between speeds will be the same as they were before (+/- 15% faster or slower). Currently the light is between old heavy and medium but it's all up to testing and feedback.

Right.. well my worry is only the fact that the whiny babies will be taken into consideration far too much and lead to bad development decisions (I've witnessed this in far too many games I don't play anymore)

I'll say it and say it again; the only part I like about "realism" in a game is via how a game looks and at the same time; performs. 

And by no means do I wish it to affect gameplay as it's a continuous spiral downwards to something that is downright not fun to play with the ever-so incessant whining from bad players that only want some sort of deranged Milsim experience.

I will put my faith in you guys at Farm 51 though for now to make good choices for the future of this game.

Edited by Boursk

11 hours ago, tynblpb said:

I hope that slower movement speed would finally force players to use these 2 quads in the bases. How many times I've seen quads staying abandoned when team is baseblocked but nobody cares to sit in them and flank the enemies. Especially on Smolensk...

So, I'm all for reducing the movespeed.

lol reducing the movement won't do much. The maps currently aren't big enough for transport vehicles to be needed most of the time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Most likely you are right. But if there are also some balance adjustments and more people will be playing heavy loadouts I can see them using quads more often.

6 hours ago, Salt Lord said:

lol reducing the movement won't do much. The maps currently aren't big enough for transport vehicles to be needed most of the time. 

Like tynblpb, he referred to the Smolensk map, which is large in proportion.

The reason I don't use quads is because the soldiers run, fast and they sprint to where they want to be. And vehicles are losing their importance.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mardell said:

Like tynblpb, he referred to the Smolensk map, which is large in proportion.

The reason I don't use quads is because the soldiers run, fast and they sprint to where they want to be. And vehicles are losing their importance.

Even on smolensk the objectives are very close together so there still wouldn't be a reason to use quads. It would just be faster to just respawn on a closer objective. And if u aren't close to one of the objectives u would have to run all the way back to a capture point and then take a quad and drive it to the next. 

Edited by Salt Lord
  • Like 1

8 минут назад, Salt Lord сказал:

And if u aren't close to one of the objectives u would have to run all the way back to a capture point and then take a quad and drive it to the next. 

That's why there is quad bike strike...

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

That's why there is quad bike strike...

They are bugged and have been bugged since PTE 0.6

Edited by Salt Lord
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2019 at 2:58 PM, Borreh said:

Players will be probably slowed down in the very near future, with all speeds based more or less on the current "heavy" loadout, we'll be testing those changes internally very soon.

Reducing speed is ok.

Still i hope that "light" loadouts will keep all the other advantages compared to heavier loadouts, like having faster weapon swap, less/no damage from high falls, etc, otherwise there will be no good reason at all to chose a lighter loadout.

• Like 2

Lookin steamcharts doesnt look good and cod with 50vs50 players coming.  Something needs to be done soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 часов назад, Wikstone_ сказал:

Lookin steamcharts doesnt look good and cod with 50vs50 players coming.  Something needs to be done soon.

Listen to me

Great me knows what should be done:

Devs need to start promoting campaign "Buy WW3! Modern Warware copies WW3 but all  WW3 mechanics are done better and deeper!

P.S. WW3 was first on the market, so everyone who will say that it's WW3 copying MW - is dumb!"

If serious I've watched few gameplay videos, killstrikes videos. I didn't see any reason why should I choose MW  over WW3.

IF someone would make a video where these 2 games and their features would be compared - it would be good. @Atway, work bitch!?

The only thing that is done better in MW is bombstrike call in screen. MW AFV strike for example can't even roll over 1 tiny tree.

And I rly didn't see any teamplay mechanics. 50v50 mob running? No thx.

But yes, for casuals hype is real and for them entry threshold is lower for MW. 

And in the same time WW3 isn't quite ready for active promoting.

Damn Activision thieves!?

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tynblpb said:

IF someone would make a video where these 2 games and their features would be compared - it would be good. @Atway, work bitch!?

Yes sir! 

But first buy new CoD for me :)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Ziogualty said:

Reducing speed is ok.

Still i hope that "light" loadouts will keep all the other advantages compared to heavier loadouts, like having faster weapon swap, less/no damage from high falls, etc, otherwise there will be no good reason at all to chose a lighter loadout.

They will :) All of the pros and cons of weights stay the same.

We're also currently going to try different camera flinch effects for loadouts, with heavies being less punished for being hit than lights. It's a miniscule difference at the moment but it's there, we'll see how will it fare. We can also swap it around so it will be another upside of being a light. Curious what you guys think about this. 

Which reminded me: Heavies have the biggest camshakes for effects like jumping and falling, so light loadouts will also have a small advantage here with less screen noise when staying mobile.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 минут назад, Borreh сказал:

We're also currently going to try different camera flinch effects for loadouts, with heavies being less punished for being hit than lights. It's a miniscule difference at the moment but it's there, we'll see how will it fare. We can also swap it around so it will be another upside of being a light. Curious what you guys think about this.

Well, sometimes I loose firefights when my barrel is kicked up after me being hit and bullets go above the  enemy's head. So I see the difference.

I don't know how it is now, but it would be interesting to see the HP bullets make enemy flinch more the FMJ & AP rounds. Otherwise when everyone is running with IIIA helmets AP rounds are much more useful.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For now for me 2 things are realy bad they destroying very good the game and should be fixed soon as possible :

1 - User performance ( more wide range of hardware to be supported i mean more hardware should get playable fps ) with the new engine im skeptical it will be something serious on that area .

2 - The supported stations should be placed only on the invincible bases so they can support blocked defending team ( they will have little more advantage to assaulting the battlefield and the rampaging team will get little bit more fear to go close and destroy the game balance ) .

Edited by Hypnotic
  • Thanks 1

Close to 600h of playing WAR3 and over the last Year, all I can say that this team knows what they are doing and know what Direction they want to go. I like the fact they are willing to spend the time now, to upgrade the Engine, so they can expand the game, with better ability. 

There have been so many changes to this and that, or time to kill, or weights, etc. That is all about balance and optimization of the system and game engines. The games performance isn't an issue in alpha stage. When WAR3 enters beta stage of development, we will see most of the fundamental already in play, and they just need testing out and crosshashed. 

I think we will see more global balancing, as they fine tune kit-outs, etc. Around then, is the time to start to criticize if they are leaving anything off the table.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 10:04 AM, Borreh said:

Which reminded me: Heavies have the biggest camshakes for effects like jumping and falling, so light loadouts will also have a small advantage here with less screen noise when staying mobile.

like why do you guys keep digging this game into a deeper hole man.

Making the light weight speed the same as the heavy would be a huge negative.

Flinch is 110% cancer. Might be surprising to you guys, but If you keep piling on the cancer on top of the already cancer changes you guys made to the game it's not going to fix anything. Just gonna keep making the game worst then the disaster it is now.

The randomness to the gunplay is already a big *** in design, adding more flinch just removes more players interaction from gunplay. Why play the game when its all decided on who get the first shot off and then juggles the other player through flinch. S their is not way to fight back.

This game not going to recover if you just keep continuing on the path of disaster.

Come on just revert back to launch game when the game was most fun and the game play worked the best.

Waht are you guys even doing? what is this game going to be. Went from BF to CoD now you are talking about some provenly bad ideas.

I guess its RIP WW3.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Making the light weight speed the same as the heavy would be a huge negative.

They never said they are gonna be the same; light is gonna be slower and heavy a bit faster, that's it.

Flinch is 110% cancer. Might be surprising to you guys, but If you keep piling on the cancer on top of the already cancer changes you guys made to the game it's not going to fix anything. Just gonna keep making the game worst then the disaster it is now.

(please don't use cancer for this, very unnecessary)
What are you talking about? CoD has had flinch in every game and do you see people complaining? It'll just create a slightly bigger skill-gap and makes it a bit more realistic, you wouldn't just stand still when you got hit by a bullet would you.

The randomness to the gunplay is already a big fuck up in design, adding more flinch just removes more players interaction from gunplay. Why play the game when its all decided on who get the first shot off and then juggles the other player through flinch. S their is not way to fight back.

Randomness? You shouldn't spray and pray my dude, aim then shoot. If the recoil is too much then take a smaller magnification scope.

This game not going to recover if you just keep continuing on the path of disaster.

Come on just revert back to launch game when the game was most fun and the game play worked the best.

Waht are you guys even doing? what is this game going to be. Went from BF to CoD now you are talking about some provenly bad ideas.

I guess its RIP WW3.

Well I'm sorry this game isn't being tailored to your preferences, if you want that please go make a game yourself. The devs are doing their best and people like you who just shit on every little detail they don't like doesn't help anyone in the slightest. As they said, every change will first be tested on PTE and they move on from there; if people don't like the way the extra flinch impacts the game, they'll either scrap the idea or rework it. The devs are not just doing things blind and they are definitely not deaf when it comes to feedback, you'll just have to polite and concise. For playerbase, they haven't even started promoting the game big time with advertisements or anything.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This is some joke right ?

WW3 is far far away from the R.I.P. part yes she have some serious problems right now but they are nothing in comparison of the launch moment , it's not possible to complain for anything right now - everything is in under construction :) we can only hope for better development in the future and what I have seen so far i'm sure it will be .

On 8/14/2019 at 11:04 AM, Borreh said:

Hoohhoo the camshakes are really good approach but it will be waste of time if the player can disable or reduce it ( i mean from option menu or the  register ) every blood thirsty player will disable it please improve this idea .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16.08.2019 в 07:45, TZoningHard сказал:

The only way to prevent sniper or shotgunner from oneshot you is flinch them to hell. Not do 99 dmg by 5 hits and die after it.

16.08.2019 в 19:12, Matt_dOvale сказал:

Randomness?

He is right in this. After 0.3-0.4 a random side kick added for assault rifles. Don't prove me wrong, I'm not against angle recoil, but Ithink it should be predictable and controllable. For example, MG5 has its unique recoil pattern.

Edited by †FeuerEuphorie†
  • Like 1

Honestly, I don't think reducing movement speed will change anything. People don't use vehicles because they can spawn on their squad leaders, on a capzone or on the designated vehicle. Why would I choose to get all the way back to base, possibly getting killed on the way and loosing more time than if I chose my SL as a respawn point ? Also, when you spawn at base, you're basically alone, this doesn't promote teamwork. When you choose your SL, you are there as a team and teamfights are much more fun.

The only time I get quads from my base is when I feel like we need to flank the enemy or get the furthest capzone.

Posted (edited)
On 8/18/2019 at 12:53 PM, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

The only way to prevent sniper or shotgunner from oneshot you is flinch them to hell. Not do 99 dmg by 5 hits and die after it.

He is right in this. After 0.3-0.4 a random side kick added for assault rifles. Don't prove me wrong, I'm not against angle recoil, but Ithink it should be predictable and controllable. For example, MG5 has its unique recoil pattern.

For now we just seperated (today in fact) horizontal and vertical recoil modifiers for attachments, and we'll be adjusting the grips and muzzle devices so that some of them will be more specialized in what they improve. So you should be able to find attachments cominations which will make the guns more enjoyable for you to play. Muzzle devices, grips and barrels will have bigger and more varied effect on weapon behaviour. We'll probably add pros and cons for each so that they will make one thing better but another worse, and it's always a tradeoff.

We'll be taking a closer look at weapon behaviour this fall once the new anim system is in place. We'll probably dig up an ancient build from 0.2/0.3 era, compare the feeling and see what changed.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 8/23/2019 at 11:06 PM, Borreh said:

For now we just seperated (today in fact) horizontal and vertical recoil modifiers for attachments, and we'll be adjusting the grips and muzzle devices so that some of them will be more specialized in what they improve. So you should be able to find attachments cominations which will make the guns more enjoyable for you to play. Muzzle devices, grips and barrels will have bigger and more varied effect on weapon behaviour. We'll probably add pros and cons for each so that they will make one thing better but another worse, and it's always a tradeoff.

Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Some attachments are nobrainers right now, giving them unique up- and downsites will improve the system immensely. Right now every weapon behaves roughly the same if you slap some attachments on it.

On 8/14/2019 at 4:04 AM, Borreh said:

How about reduce flinch instead. Its pretty bad for skill based gameplay.

The way to balance snipers is to not have them full on torso shots and make the target smaller not add juggling to the game.Its already hard to use snipers after the TTK nerf since the window in time of when a sniper can win is so tiny and any mistake means you are screwed for the next second till you can get a follow up shot. The flinch you already get from the game right now is a nightmare. Snipers do have issues but the issue is that the target is too big but the target has to be big because the TTK is extremely low.

Shotguns are legit worse up close as in under 3-5m as you can miss very easily and any follow up shot makes you wait while ARs can just spray as any mistakes they make matter less for the outcome. Shotguns are a meme gun in WW3 right now. Its something you do to challenge you self because you have to completely dominate the opponent to win with one unless you get very lucky because the RNG is double sided.

IDK why flinch is even on the table minute amounts could be ok but this game has too much already dont add more. Stop adding stuff please.

On 8/23/2019 at 4:06 PM, Borreh said:

We'll be taking a closer look at weapon behaviour this fall once the new anim system is in place. We'll probably dig up an ancient build from 0.2/0.3 era, compare the feeling and see what changed.

Why cant you just make the guns not random. BF1 was straight garbage because of the random gunfire mechanics.

What happened to the game where it would be recoil and skill based not random cone of fire. The Randomness is very real and takes away the fun in you actually playing the game.Not saying pin point accurate but when you can even predict or control the gun its pretty boring. There isnt a reaction to the action of the gun possible for the randomness.It recreates the RNG cone of fire mechanics of other game like BF1 which was nerf skill and dumb down the game.

Like fix the root of the problem not force players to have to mod to counter BS mechanics.

Good gunplay shouldn't be something that you have to customize into the game.

You make all criticism of the mechanics sound like their only opinions and players have no evidence against these crap changes. I thank you for at least digging up old builds, This new build is complete trash and only gets worse each update. Just keep the core game simple with less of these handholdy changes that stupidy the game.

Also please do not lower the speed to where heavy is the normal weight. If you want lower the speed a little maybe but heavy is unbearable and would just make the game more brain dead with every one being so unreasonably slow. Please stop messing up the game just revert already. This game has become a dumpster fire of mechanics and you guys just reasonable evidence based feedback and add more trash to the fire.

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2019 at 11:06 PM, Borreh said:

Does this mean, that attachements have different statistics for horizontal and vertical recoil already by now on the current PTW build? I took a quick look yesterday and at least in the statistics screen in the customization menu I saw no hint for horizontal and vertical recoil separation. I had like no sleep at all though, so probably I misunderstood or overlooked something :D

@KDP I think most games have some degree of randomness in their weapons behavior. Do you actually argue for a prefectly replicable recoil pattern? So when I am shooting 0 round with the same weapon not controlling the recoil and I aim at the same spot initially the shots will always land in the exact same position?

12 hours ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

Does this mean, that attachements have different statistics for horizontal and vertical recoil already by now on the current PTW build? I took a quick look yesterday and at least in the statistics screen in the customization menu I saw no hint for horizontal and vertical recoil separation. I had like no sleep at all though, so probably I misunderstood or overlooked something :D

@KDP I think most games have some degree of randomness in their weapons behavior. Do you actually argue for a prefectly replicable recoil pattern? So when I am shooting 0 round with the same weapon not controlling the recoil and I aim at the same spot initially the shots will always land in the exact same position?

Nah, it's in the internal builds, will go live for 0.7 but no idea when it'll enter the PTE, we're switching between the rebalance and the new anim system setup, it's a lot of work ? but it's worth it

• Like 2