Sign in to follow this  

Invisible enemies when in vehicles

DESCRIPTION OF BUG (required: if the possible provide screenshots or video): sometimes when I get into a vehicle (IFV, MSP, tank) I can not see the enemies but will take damage with the hit markers. No noise from enemy weapons but when the projectiles hit they they make the hit sound. When this happens I've noticed the enemy vehicles are usually "sitting" in one spot but will not take damage when being fired at. I'm not exactly sure if the Battle point vehicles have this happen as well, only noticed it with the ones that are given in the base.

GAME BUILD ID (required: please go to the game's properties on Steam and find it under the local files tab at the bottom): I'll give this when I can if needed

STEPS TO REPRODUCE (required): pretty well just play the game but take a armored vehicle from main

SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS (required for crash or performance issues):  i9-9900k, 4x8gb t-force xtreme 4300 ram, 2080ti founders edition, m.2 Western digital blue SSD 1tb

CRASH LOG (if any):

@weedtime 

i forgot i actually did have a recording :D 

not the best one but the first rpg that hit me is what happens. after that before i killed the one player then you can see the explosion which means i can see that enemy

Edited by PointShootActionTTV
more info

18 минут назад, PointShootActionTTV сказал:

@weedtime 

i forgot i actually did have a recording :D 

not the best one but the first rpg that hit me is what happens. after that before i killed the one player then you can see the explosion which means i can see that enemy

27th second: 1 guy leaning out in between the green letters and the pole. U hear him reloading after first hit. And later he tried to shoot the IFV with his handheld weapon.

Or u mean that u don't see where did first grenade came from?

Edited by tynblpb
add question

@tynblpb tbh i didnt even notice that guy there. i know its not the best one because when this has happened before it was to late for me to start to record because id be blown up. its more the first little bit of what happened. that first rpg made no explosion or smoke trail to follow it back. i dont know if its because i got close to them then they "loaded" in or what. but ive seen vehicles in one spot so me thinking i can kill it easy i roll in only to be shot at by the vehicle i see "parked", i do no damage to the one i see because it isnt there. might try to get a better video if i can.

4 минуты назад, PointShootActionTTV сказал:

@tynblpb tbh i didnt even notice that guy there. i know its not the best one because when this has happened before it was to late for me to start to record because id be blown up. its more the first little bit of what happened. that first rpg made no explosion or smoke trail to follow it back. i dont know if its because i got close to them then they "loaded" in or what. but ive seen vehicles in one spot so me thinking i can kill it easy i roll in only to be shot at by the vehicle i see "parked", i do no damage to the one i see because it isnt there. might try to get a better video if i can.

Well, mb high ping is at fault here...

@tynblpb it was on NA servers, top left shows the latency. L:55 

But it's happened on EU and PTE as well. Don't think it's a ping issue, seems more like desynchs but I'm not to sure myself :/

Because

Hit markers are not accurate in any way, you probably noticed it while playing, the first shot can come from behind where your view was obscured, there is still no proof the enemy was invisible, but keep trying to record something like this, for now it will be impossible to reproduce this problem and mostly waste of time when Devs can focus on more clearly issues.

The first rpg made no explosion nor noise and would've done more damage or destroyed the IFV if it was from the back. The hit marker was accurate in this case. 

Sorry to bump this but I also noticed something I didn't before. If you watch the player on my team they are also not visible till pretty well after the first RPG hits me and/or when they die. Just watch their square that indicates who their on my team. At first it's just a green box, then you can see what the specific gadget they have is.

More info