Sign in to follow this  
Sovietique51

[Feature] Emergency Spawn.

Question

Posted (edited)

Hello farm51, 

In games I notice we have a new spawn available when we have almost more points. It will have been nice parachuting a plane that crosses the map and we chose or jumped, Or a helicopter as in the trailer of the game randomly in the maps and we have a delay to choose this appearances as his serai for the plane with beautiful animation it would be nice.

I can understand that such a feature would be hard and time consuming to put in place.

Sorry for my English. 

Edited by Sovietique51
  • Like 1

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Sovietique51 said:

Or a helicopter as in the trailer of the game randomly

Would be great for a group spawn (think spawning in waves), but would give away spawning positions to the enemy. Still a better solution that what we have now, when you have the extra spawn location when your team has nowhere to spawn other than base and MRAP, enemies just camp the living daylight out of that location with snipers and sometimes they even enter the area to spawnkill.

47 minutes ago, Matt_dOvale said:

Would be great for a group spawn (think spawning in waves), but would give away spawning positions to the enemy. Still a better solution that what we have now, when you have the extra spawn location when your team has nowhere to spawn other than base and MRAP, enemies just camp the living daylight out of that location with snipers and sometimes they even enter the area to spawnkill

Unfortunately the spawn kill exists in all games but I will have enjoyed another approach to the spawn supplement although it is very useful on the game today if no one camps on the extra spawn.

I would just generally love to see something like this, however I'm pretty sure it's been struck down because on the urban maps having players being able to land on roofs is not a good idea

1 hour ago, nubbits said:

I would just generally love to see something like this, however I'm pretty sure it's been struck down because on the urban maps having players being able to land on roofs is not a good idea

Well he didn't say you are the one planning where you land

The transport helicopter as a transport strike is a good idea. When you call it it could land at spawn for a certain amount of time and then fly to a spot you marked and drop everyone off. I think only 5 seats (one for every squad member) would be best so that someone doesn't shoot it down while it's hovering and get 10 kills.

Not a bad idea, could be like Post Scriptum style, make the vehicle hella beefy but target-able and give the players the option to choose how long they wait to jump, would fit in the immersion too better than "Boom you have somehow made it to this little area that is surrounded by the other team camping"

The MSP is a separate problem. It is a really cool idea but it gets utilized poorly. I made a post about it a while back. 

Hey, 

We already own 4 different mechanics of the respawn, 1. Objective zone, 2.Squad member, 3.Emergency respawn (usually when your team lost all the capture points), 4.Mobile Respawn Vehicle. Adding additional unit might not be great and me personally don't see this fitting our game. 

• Like 1

I think the idea for Emergency Spawn is reaallly realy good but may be nead some improvments :

1 this flying vehicle should be not been noticing may be flying above the clouds ( out of the radar ) and the part with the little animation is realy noticeable you doing something special right now definitely need to have before the parachute jump and its will delaying some part of the assaulting moment .

2 should be spawn on random location ( a small element of intrigue it will make some crazy last moments of the war not complete advantage on the end it's emergency ) until one point is captured

3 only squad leaders can chose this special point we not need all team to spawn behind enemy lines and close the pocket too easy .

With these things we will fix really big % of the unbalanced part im with 2 hands and 2 legs for this :) .

On 7/22/2019 at 9:50 AM, Rozmo said:

3.Emergency respawn (usually when your team lost all the capture points)

Ah you mean the spawn camping-spawns...

*coughs in Warsaw [C2]*