Dunabar

[New Strike Category][New Strike] Strikes that could enhance WW3 - Support Strikes | Mission Master UGV-C

Question

Posted (edited)

Hey Folks.

Time for another "Strikes that could enhance WW3" posts and this time around we will be covering the Mission Master by Rheinmetall Defence Canada, a swiss army knife of a UGV that I had hinted at in my last suggestion post when I covered the Supply Drop suggestion as a replacement for the current in-game Resupply Containers. But, before we get deep into it, I just need to cover one thing real quick which is a brief mention of what Support Strikes are in the event People didn't read the Supply Drop post,

Content of this post will be

• Section 1 - New Strike Category - A brand new Strike Category I'm calling Support, or Support Strikes to be the most technical.
  • Section 2 - New Strike - A new Strike for the game; Mission Master UGV-C, information on it, proposed stats, and features.
  • Section 3 - Mission Master Customization Suggestions - Proposed Customization options

----

Section 1 - Support Strikes

What are Support Strikes?

Support Strikes (as I personally think they should be) are Strikes designed around the concept of supporting a Player's Squad or Team with either on map support, or off-map support rather than being primarily designed around killing enemy players. While the primary reason for this strike category is mainly for Strikes focused around Supporting One's Squad or Team over actively engaging the enemy, it's secondary reason is to serve as a miscellaneous category for any future Strikes that may not fit into any one category.

With this out of the way, lets get started on the Mission Master UGV-C Strike.

----

Section 2 - Mission Master UGV-C

image.thumb.jpeg.6fd5f6c52ab7a8ebc55122b0897a7e28.jpeg

image.jpeg.57a3d97325f88b0f2f7cae867ec205a9.jpegimage.jpeg.121734715eb5a6ef5a4896af5f5eea6c.jpegimage.jpeg.455c3cfcb2662ddc31fbf4616c83ef7b.jpeg

(Left to right) - Mission Master UGV-S, Mission Master UGV-C, and Mission Master UGV-P

For some real life Information and Demonstrations on the Mission Master here are some youtube links.

The Mission Master out of Rheinmetall Defence Canada is a highly modular, autonomous, and adaptable Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) capable of tackling a new mission in a very short amount of time. It can go from performing Surveillance Missions to Combat, Cargo Hauling, Emergency Rescue, CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear), and even more missions with just a modular change with very little to no special tools required. Hence why I referred to it as the Swiss Army Knife of UGVs. However, it's high level of autonomy is one of it's biggest selling points as it can work independently or manually with just a few commands. However, for all the various missions the Mission Master can undertake, only three of it's Mission Modulars can really be translated well into World War 3, and you can see those three Mission Modulars in the pictures above.

1. The Mission Master UGV-S configuration is to allow the Mission Master to undertake surveillance missions such as Recon, Patrols, and etc.
  2. The Mission Master UGV-C (As I call it) is basically just the Mission Master that has been stripped down to carry backpacks, provide space to carry wounded soldiers, equipment, and etc.
  3. The Mission Master UGV-P configuration is to allow the Mission Master to take up more of a direct combat effort against enemy targets with MGs, Rocket launchers, or even that large 70mm Rocket Pod you see in the right side picture above.

Now if this thing was to be added to the game, I'd personally say break it up into three different Strikes. The UGV-S version for the Scanner Strikes, the UGV-P version for the UGV Strikes, and the UGV-C for my Support Strikes or whatever they deem more fitting. Ultimately it is entirely up to them. But, for the sake of simplicity of posting for myself, I'm just going to focus on the UGV-C version for this post. So, what would the UGV-C do if it was added to the game?

If added to the game, the UGV-C should act sort of like the Supply Drop Strike I had suggested. However unlike the Supply Drop, the Mission Master UGV-C would be able to move around the map to provide supplies for anyone who needs it, and do so without largely being able to fight back (By largely I mean it can really only run over enemy players and that's it) since it's not the combat configured Mission Master. If it's high level of autonomy is represented properly, it could even follow it's Strike owner around the map to stay on them ove. The supplies would eventually run out though and thus the Mission Master would sooner or later need to return to the rearm & repair platform to be restocked. But, overall the primary goal of the Mission Master UGV-C strike is to overall be a Mobile Resupply station.

Special Features Suggestions

• Automatic & Manuel Modes - To represent the Mission Master's level of Autonomy, it is very important (for a accurate depiction of the UGV) that it be able to be switched in & out of a Automatic follow mode any time the player generally wanted. Of course they should take the time to pull out their tablet or whatever, but from there they should be able to switch the Mission Master's movement modes.
    • Or alternatively as suggested by @NeoOrNeon: when you place a world marker and select "go there" from the radial, the UGV should drive to that point. That would help the player place it behind cover so that it won't get shot while they deal with the threat.
    • When the Player enters buildings or generally tight spaces the Mission Master should not attempt to follow them while in Automatic Mode. Though if the player wants to guide the UGV in manually than that should be a option.
  • 360 degree stationary turn radius - While the Mission Master is a wheeled UGV, it's perfectly able to turn a full 360 degrees just like a tracked vehicle can when stationary.
  • Sub-Systems - Just like the other UGVs the Mission Master should have Sub-Systems that can be damaged/repaired.
  • Supply Depletion Warning - Unique to the Mission Master UGV-C, when the UGV runs out of supplies to offer People, the Strike key at the bottom of the screen should begin to flash red to indicate that it needs to visit the rearm & repair pad.

With these special features out of the way, lets move on to proposed base stats before we dive into the customization options.

Proposed Base Mission Master Stats

• Base BP cost: 1200
  • Strike Type: Mobile Resupply
  • On or Off Map: On
  • Operational range: 400
  • Health: 250
  • Cooldown: 6 minutes
  • Speed: Somewhere between the Leviathan & Battle Bot.
  • Provides towards Vehicle limit: Yes
  • Starter Carry Racks: 2 out of 8
  • Starter Supply Capacity:  2 Bags
  • Starter Supplies: Medical Bags
  • Destroyed on Death: No
  • Countered by: Reaper Drones, UCAS-D, and anything in general that a UGV can be countered by.

With these base stats lets begin with the proposed customization options I think should be open to the Mission Master UGV-C.

----

Section 3 - Mission Master UGV-C Customization Suggestions

Because the Mission Master UGV-C is primarily a resupply UGV, Offensive levels of customization should be thrown out the window like high caliber MGs, Rocket Pods, and the likes. So I'm thinking more along the lines of providing Supplies since that is its primary role, but also with optional customizations that provide passive benefits from the UGV and defensive protection for the UGV.

• Side Mount
    • Carry Racks - Increases Supply Capacity by 2 for a total of 4
      • BP Cost increase: 100
      • Unlocks: 2 Supply Spaces for Medical, Ammunition, or Equipment Bags.
    • Expanded Carry Racks - Increases Supply Capacity by 4 for a total of 6
      • BP Cost increase: 300
      • Unlocks: 4 Supply Spaces for Medical, Ammunition, or Equipment Bags.
    • Large Carry Racks - Increases Supply Capacity by 6 for a total of 8
      • BP Cost increase: 500
      • Unlocks: 6 Supply Spaces for Medical, Ammunition, or Equipment Bags.
  • Vehicle Bed
    • Mechanical Supplies - All Allies within 15 meters of the UGV-C gained a small bonus to Vehicle Repairs
      • BP cost increase: 200
    • Trophy APS - Destroys unguided rockets that threaten it. Overall nothing overly different from what currently have on the bigger Vehicles.
    • Phantom Jammer - Nothing overly different from our current Phantom Jammer.
  • Defenses
    • Smoke Launchers - Nothing overly different from our current Smoke Grenade launchers on our Vehicles.
      • BP Cost increase: 100

And overall I think that should be just about all the Mission Master UGV-C should have on offer. This particular configuration of the Mission Master is not a combat vehicle like the UGV-P variant so giving it a lot of offensive tools would make no sense at all for it, nor would it make a lot of sense to give it a lot of Surveillance equipment like the UGV-S model would have. But, if the Developers wanted to make a single strike with a lot customization options so players can really mix and match stuff, than I ultimately leave that up to them. I just make the suggestions, what they do with them is up to them.

But, this brings this post to an end. I actually re-typed this post 4 times before actually settling on it, going back & forward with the concept of 1 strike with many different customization paths, or separate strikes with dedicated customization options. I just took this path for my own sanity and to largely keep the post as short as possible without (hopefully) missing any fine details, or forgetting anything in the process (which I wouldn't doubt for a moment that something slipped my mind and I forgot to add it after the posting, expect a edit to the post if something comes to my mind.) I will in the future cover the other two Mission Masters configurations the UGV-S whenever I revisit the Scanner Strikes and the UGV-P when I get to the UGVs. I hope everyone likes the Mission Master, it's a relatively speaking a newer UGV on the market, and like always here is your hint for the next post to come (Don't get overly hyped though, it's more passive than it first seems.)

image.thumb.jpeg.96c1061ff925a19abe2f5e9ad83bd184.jpeg

Have a good one folks!

----

Strikes that could enhance WW3 Series

• Support Strikes Chapter
  • Scanner Strikes Chapter
    • Mission Master UGV-S to come...
  • UGV Strikes Chapter
    • Mission Master UGV-P to come...
  • CUAS Drones

Weapons that could enhance WW3 Series

----

Outdated Suggestion Posts to be revisited at some point

Guns that could enhance WW3 series

(Old) Strikes that could enhance WW3 series

Individual or Mini Series Suggestions post

Edited by Dunabar
Updating links list

6 answers to this question

I like this idea a lot, generally adding more things that diversify the gameplay will do great things.

On the whole control between manual and automatic, and sending drone commands, I would like to see overall more use of the tablet the player has, because it can potentially give really good intel when used right. Hopefully in the future we will be able to set points for the squad on a map as markers like in other shooters.

• Like 1

I've been waiting for this post and I have few suggestions, when you place a world market and select "go there" from the radial the UGV should drive to the point. That would help the player place it behind cover so that it won't get shot while they deal with the threat, and no one wants an AI "companion" in there walkway so it'd help there to. Also is important it can't drive inside places it shouldn't go but can technically fit like the mall on Warsaw.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, NeoOrNeon said:

I've been waiting for this post and I have few suggestions, when you place a world market and select "go there" from the radial the UGV should drive to the point. That would help the player place it behind cover so that it won't get shot while they deal with the threat, and no one wants an AI "companion" in there walkway so it'd help there to. Also is important it can't drive inside places it shouldn't go but can technically fit like the mall on Warsaw.

Went ahead and added that as an alternative idea with proper credit given per usual. ?

I didn't mention that later half at the moment for clarity. Did you mean it can't drive inside buildings it can't fit, or can't drive inside buildings at all?

Edited by Dunabar

2 hours ago, Dunabar said:

I didn't mention that later half at the moment for clarity. Did you mean it can't drive inside buildings it can't fit, or can't drive inside buildings at all?

Anywhere a tank could fit is fine like A2 on Berlin but on Warsaw you can squeeze a UGV into the mall. The drone shouldn't follow you because I don't want to encourage this.

3 hours ago, NeoOrNeon said:

Anywhere a tank could fit is fine like A2 on Berlin but on Warsaw you can squeeze a UGV into the mall. The drone shouldn't follow you because I don't want to encourage this.

Fair point. Though if the player takes Manuel control over the UGV to guide it inside, I wouldn't have much of a issue with that personally. So by default I agree the UGV should at the very least, not attempt to enter any buildings or generally tight spaces on it's own in Automatic mode.

Making AI that could find its way through that mess would be annoying anyway.