Sign in to follow this  
nubbits

[FEATURE] [GAMEPLAY] [VEHICLE] vehicle exit/entry timer

Rozmo

Suggestion has been sent for verification

Message added by Rozmo

Hey guys,

After getting quite pissed off from having almost destroyed a vehicle only for the driver to instantly teleport out and shoot me, I am suggesting a two second timer for leaving vehicles, although I am still unsure if there should be a timer for entering vehicles.

Both of these will mean that players will be more cautious when doing either. If you want to exit a vehicle, you may want to consider if you will be wanting to get back in any time soon, and vice versa.

TOTALLY agree. We need some kind of animation like in.... (sorry guys for such comparison again)... in BF

1 час назад, nubbits сказал:

Hey guys,

After getting quite pissed off from having almost destroyed a vehicle only for the driver to instantly teleport out and shoot me, I am suggesting a two second timer for leaving vehicles, although I am still unsure if there should be a timer for entering vehicles.

Both of these will mean that players will be more cautious when doing either. If you want to exit a vehicle, you may want to consider if you will be wanting to get back in any time soon, and vice versa.

Okay, I'll lie down with bipoded MG5 near the MRAP, destroy the RCWS and will start farming spawning and bailing out enemies. Thx for idea.?

5 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Okay, I'll lie down with bipoded MG5 near the MRAP, destroy the RCWS and will start farming spawning and bailing out enemies. Thx for idea.

and thats ok, because as you always say, "noobs must suffer" - they should think before leaving MRAP

1 час назад, Atway сказал:

and thats ok, because as you always say, "noobs must suffer" - they should think before leaving MRAP

Everyone would be dying without chances to counteract. No matter noob he is or not.

Just now, tynblpb said:

Everyone would be dying without chances to counteract. No matter noob he is or not.

dont park MRAP stupidly then. 

1 hour ago, Atway said:

dont park MRAP stupidly then. 

Good luck with that one. The majority of players don't know what the MRAP really is. Almost every time I park it in a good spot someone spawns on it and drives away. There should be some clarity there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeoOrNeon said:

Good luck with that one. The majority of players don't know what the MRAP really is. Almost every time I park it in a good spot someone spawns on it and drives away. There should be some clarity there.

Thats SO TRUE... unfortunatelly...

"ohhh look mom im a driver! lets go right to that f**ing enemy tank! Chooo-choooo"

Image result for retard meme

btw you can lock vehicle. Not sure if it works for MRAP

I don't know what the solution could be. I know it would help if it was made more clear what the MSP is and what it does. Maybe if you reduced the amount of people that could access the drivers seat like squad leaders only.

I don't think there is solution for this, if you have animation when entering/exiting vehicle might have negative impact as you will get blowed with rpg while stuck on leaving animation. I think adding such feature will take lots of work and tweaking. I am personally happy how it is now.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Rozmo said:

I don't think there is solution for this, if you have animation when entering/exiting vehicle might have negative impact as you will get blowed with rpg while stuck on leaving animation. I think adding such feature will take lots of work and tweaking. I am personally happy how it is now.

Plus you also have the fact that if the Driver of the tank ends up dying when he jumps out; the tank is literaly yours for the taking - And who doesn't want a free tank? :P

Edited by Boursk

2 hours ago, Rozmo said:

I don't think there is solution for this, if you have animation when entering/exiting vehicle might have negative impact as you will get blowed with rpg while stuck on leaving animation.

Instead of an animation, you could add a timer maybe. At least so it's not an instant exit/entry. Changing seats would also have timer maybe? Higher timers for heavier vehicles like tanks of course. (Sorry for another comparison) just look at how Squad did it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt_dOvale said:

Instead of an animation, you could add a timer maybe. At least so it's not an instant exit/entry.

useless for enemies - for them you will appear instantly as its now - they do not see your timer, right?

3 hours ago, Rozmo said:

if you have animation when entering/exiting vehicle might have negative impact as you will get blowed with rpg while stuck on leaving animation.

Heavy vehicles do not explode after the only one RPG hit. After all if you leave vehicle right before its hit by RPG you die anyway due to vehicle explosion

5 minutes ago, Atway said:

useless for enemies - for them you will appear instantly as its now - they do not see your timer, right?

On the contrary, since you can't just teleport right back into your vehicle so they can still shoot you. With or without rpg. Makes for more thought that has to be put into leaving vehicles, especially armored vics. Another thing this would be a solution for would be that you can't accidentally leave the tank anymore as you'll get a prompt with a timer which you can cancel (I hope), I've misclicked buttons sometimes and left tanks several times because of it.

"Hey guys,

Both of these will mean that players will be more cautious when doing either. If you want to exit a vehicle, you may want to consider if you will be wanting to get back in any time soon, and vice versa."

The original thread wasn't about animations, Atway, you made this thread about that.

3 minutes ago, Atway said:
3 hours ago, Rozmo said:

if you have animation when entering/exiting vehicle might have negative impact as you will get blowed with rpg while stuck on leaving animation.

Heavy vehicles do not explode after the only one RPG hit.

You'll be killed by the rpg hit, not the vehicle exploding

With current random vehicle exiting it's only attackers fault that he is killed. I've many time seen enemies who try to spawncamp MRAP staying near it. And I punish them every time I see them doing it. And even if they were trying to destroy it, if they were doing staing in open - it's their choice and their fault.

23 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

With current random vehicle exiting it's only attackers fault that he is killed.

trying to attach c4, enemy just appearing 1m away from the MRAP. Yeah, my fault that I shouldnt have get closer to it, no doubt

10 минут назад, Atway сказал:

trying to attach c4, enemy just appearing 1m away from the MRAP. Yeah, my fault that I shouldnt have get closer to it, no doubt

Yup, u can toss it.?

19 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Yup, u can toss it.?

for 1-2m. Thats obviously enough to have enough time to switch weapons when "the doctor Who" teleports to you from other world

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2019 at 12:49 PM, Matt_dOvale said:

Instead of an animation, you could add a timer maybe. At least so it's not an instant exit/entry. Changing seats would also have timer maybe? Higher timers for heavier vehicles like tanks of course. (Sorry for another comparison) just look at how Squad did it

I personally want it this animations in every game actualy i think it to post it in suggestion section its realy nice future especially for every Battlefield type games but if its hurting the game performance no thanks but the timer on the center ( filling circle or maybe better very small not interfere photo of the vehicle for better understanding what happened ) is best idea i thing ! .

Edited by Hypnotic