tynblpb

[Feature][Vehicles] Vehicle hop in / hop out mechanic.

Rozmo

Suggestion has been sent for verification

Message added by Rozmo

There was vehicle exit mechanic in BF2/2142. If u r leaving the vehicle when sitting in the driver place u'll find urself on the left side. Gunner will leave to the right. And so, tank drivers usually would show enemies the right side of their tank so it would cover them from the fire.

In WW3 I tried to realize what is the leaving the vehicles mechanic, but unfortunately, wasn't able to do it.

So, my offer is:

All drivers leave the vehicles on the left side if we look from behind. Gunner/RCWS leave on the right side. 3-8 seats of the IFV/AFV/MRAP are exiting vehicles "using" the rear doors as they are supposed to do it IRL.

And there was 1 feature in BF1942 Desert Combat mod, dunno, mb it would be too hardcore for nowadays gamers:

u can enter vehicles ONLY when u near the driver seat. It was especially clear when u were trying to hop in the heli or airplane. Or u r near the cockpit and then u can enter aircraft or run around.

I repeat, mb it would be too hardcore, but why don't add the rule that the TANK/IFV/AFV driver seats can be taken only from the front. So the would be NO insta hop in/hop out mechanics and there wouldn't be any needs in timer mechanics like it was suggested here.

And then drivers would be more cautious where they are hopping out, because it would be much more dangerous for them to enter the vehicle when it's facing the enemies.

• Like 1

i like both ideas.

both the timing and the entry position.

I would, use both ideas in WW3...  :)  

What if the vehicle is next to a wall on the left side and can't be entered/exited?

Posted (edited)
47 минут назад, Ragir сказал:

What if the vehicle is next to a wall on the left side and can't be entered/exited?

Muv ya ass! Or change seats to leave on other side. If we talk about exiting. If we talk about getting in: there is right side and u'll take the 2nd seat.

As I said, it may be too hardcore for those who are not acquainted with mechanics like these.

In BF2142 u often was killed by ur own tank when u were trying to leave with the wall or fence close to the left side of ur tank...?

Upd.

I think I misspelled here.

can enter vehicles ONLY when u near the driver seat

Enter vehicle's driver seat.

Edited by tynblpb

20 hours ago, tynblpb said:

As I said, it may be too hardcore for those who are not acquainted with mechanics like these.

I'm afraid it will, people still don't get the linked points mechanic or that you can press X to give/request orders, it would result in a lot of reports saying that vehicles are broken. We'd have to add levitating markers that show you where to get in each time you look at a vehicle and additional information on the screen that says you can't get out on this side etc.

IMO it's not worth the hassle, it would be better to just improve how you get out so you don't get ran over (also - don't get out of a moving vehicle :P)

Posted (edited)
43 минуты назад, Ragir сказал:

I'm afraid it will, people still don't get the linked points mechanic or that you can press X to give/request orders, it would result in a lot of reports saying that vehicles are broken. We'd have to add levitating markers that show you where to get in each time you look at a vehicle and additional information on the screen that says you can't get out on this side etc.

IMO it's not worth the hassle, it would be better to just improve how you get out so you don't get ran over (also - don't get out of a moving vehicle :P)

I'll be happy if there would be predictable hop out mechanic, when I would know what positioning would allow me to be covered by vehicles when I'll leave them. 

Edited by tynblpb