Sign in to follow this  
Cola500

[Gameplay], [Gamemode], [Map], [SquadManager] → Сommander screen

Rozmo

Suggestion has been sent for verification

Message added by Rozmo

Posted (edited)
Hi, comrades!

I do not know about you, but sometimes I want to pin down some of my teammates.
Some of them, instead of capturing objects and carrying out orders, rush at the other end of the map and hide in the bushes.

And very often it is the lack of a well-coordinated game that influences the final result of the whole match - we lose on points. 

Many tactically-oriented games lack centralized control. That someone helped the troops in choosing a priority goal.
I propose to add to the game
«Сommander screen». The idea is not new, but it is always relevant in games like the WW3 genre.

I must say that I have prepared the concept of «Сommander screen» and tried to do it in the style of the game :)
the pics will be below.

But first, I would like to draw attention to the role selection screen that appears in front of the deployment screen.

Role selection

Icons of different styles, if you have a shield for the defenders, it means that the attackers must have swords.
Or, if you have a rifle, then there must be a means of protection, for example, body armor.

I propose to start from the classic and understandable identity of all - whoever comes to us with a sword, he will die by the sword.
That is, use a
sword and shield.

Скрытый текст

deploy-screen1.thumb.jpg.33f1580d53daf8235536b5c162c9755c.jpg

I also propose to remove the information about the percentage of "attackers" and "defender".
It seems to me that this is unnecessary information that does not affect the gameplay.

Role selection screen - Commander.

Not everyone can become a commander. 
To do this, you must be quite an experienced fighter and understand the tactical and strategic features of the world of WW3.

Well, or just to reach the level of
"Colonel" :)
Скрытый текст

deploy-screen.thumb.jpg.ae525966036e7b9c7777083b0f26eff5.jpg

Commander Opportunities
1564419840410.png

A commander may provide various support to all Troops on the battlefield:
  • to send out supplies and equipment,
  • to cause artillery on the area
  • and conduct optical-electronic reconnaissance of the area,
  • and also perform tasks for the electronic suppression of the enemy.

Tactical capabilities for units
The squad commander may request from the commander:
  • to explore a specific area of the drone;
  • request the dumping of heavy equipment, supplies and medical care;
  • specify the target for the artillery strike;

1564420099580.png

{WIP-section}
As long as the Commander has his supply points, he can send various support to his fighters, including heavy vehicles.

If Commanders play on the server, then the cost of equipment for other players increases:
  • if there are two Commanders, then the cost increases N times;
  • if the Commander is one (second bot), then the cost increases 2N times;
  • if there are no Commanders, then the cost does not change.

Accordingly, for Commanders, the cost is reduced by X if one and 2X if two.
Thus, the importance of the Commander and the obligation to fulfill his orders will be justified - if you want to get a tank, then follow the orders!
Salaga …
{/WIP-section}

Information and disinformation
1564419810404.png

When one of the Commanders tries to reset his team’s support, the other will have a chance to interrupt it by trying to guess the square where help will be dropped.
Before dropping support, both Commanders will receive a notice of intelligence interception. If the Commander guesses the square, then the other, optional:

• «Received intelligence information is correct» — the dump area is highlighted by the reconnaissance drone.
    • You can, for example, cause an artillery strike or a bomber to prevent the enemy’s supply and / or destroy.
  • «The enemy misinformed us» — the guessed area was false, the enemy Commander wanted to distract us (for example, from dumping heavy equipment elsewhere).

Two times in a row in one and the same area can not reset support.
However, if misinformation was used and the trick was over, then you can once again try to send support to the same square.

Скрытый текст

war-map.thumb.jpg.4970513209568c15711d9961f823e0fd.jpg

Commander position
1564419779026.png

The commander must every N-minute to change its deployment, so that the enemy could not detect it and destroy or drown.

Why is that?
Because the battery of your portable command module was filled with coffee and you had to redirect all the power to a short-range antenna,
and to always receive an operational report from the battlefield, you need to be almost on the front line.

So it goes :)

Edited by Cola500
  • Like 5

A nice presentation.

I like every idea that promotes realism. :) 

Realistic shooting games are the future.

• Like 1

Very nice presentation, props to you!

All of it sounds pretty cool, but it might get way too complicated. Especially for new players.

Also, everyone is going to want to be commander, or at least try it when it first comes out.
Maybe if the Squad Leader rank is reworked to work together with the Commander it would be a bit better, but really make a SL lead a squad. give him responsibility. With this not everyone is gonna want to be SL, because they don't want to really lead a team. 
All of this also wouldn't work without proper voice comms. Ideal would be 3 comms: proximity chat / squad chat / SL+Commander chat. The ability to talk in prox chat when you are killed (for about 5-10 seconds until you respawn).
Also give the numpad a chat for SL-A/B/C/E/etc. and Commander for direct communication instead of having every other SL get distracted with info that isn't meant for them.
(press NumPad-1 to talk to Alpha Squad, NP-2 to talk to Bravo Squad, etc. NP-0 to talk to Commander)

All in all, I'd say this would definitely fit the regular game we have right now (especially voice comms, we really need that), but it could get way too complicated for newer players and even some veterans for sure. It might fit better in a ranked or competitive environment or another (similar) gamemode. But that would be a hard fit cuz the devs don't want to divide the small player base more than they have to. Maybe they can first introduce the new mode (IF it would get accepted) with this and slowly push players to migrate to the new one and eventually remove to old one.

• Like 2

Someone - Hello, I'm ur commander. I'm here to double the cost of ur Strike!

Me  - How many times u need to die to resign or leave the server?

I was tired of asking commander for supply drop when my tank was out of ammo, but my commander decided that 3 useless infantry players behind the frontline need supplies much more than tank that is pushing this frontline and currently is ~20-0.

So, no, if there would be commander added I'll do all I can to make him suffer.

• Like 2

I would prefer to see an across the board improvement in comms tools, maybe give the ability to label points and request strikes on the tablet map

Brilliant presentation! Very well presented and decent amount of information. Commander topic is very hard to come up with. And I assume did not work well in other games we can say tha agter Battlefield 4 this kind of the system never been reproduced in other series. i will send this to the team and I hope they can come up with our own way to show similar feature. 

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2019 at 7:13 PM, Cola500 said:
Hi, comrades!

I do not know about you, but sometimes I want to pin down some of my teammates.
Some of them, instead of capturing objects and carrying out orders, rush at the other end of the map and hide in the bushes.

And very often it is the lack of a well-coordinated game that influences the final result of the whole match - we lose on points. 

Many tactically-oriented games lack centralized control. That someone helped the troops in choosing a priority goal.
I propose to add to the game
«Сommander screen». The idea is not new, but it is always relevant in games like the WW3 genre.

I must say that I have prepared the concept of «Сommander screen» and tried to do it in the style of the game :)
the pics will be below.

But first, I would like to draw attention to the role selection screen that appears in front of the deployment screen.

Role selection

Icons of different styles, if you have a shield for the defenders, it means that the attackers must have swords.
Or, if you have a rifle, then there must be a means of protection, for example, body armor.

I propose to start from the classic and understandable identity of all - whoever comes to us with a sword, he will die by the sword.
That is, use a
sword and shield.

Hide contents

deploy-screen1.thumb.jpg.33f1580d53daf8235536b5c162c9755c.jpg

I also propose to remove the information about the percentage of "attackers" and "defender".
It seems to me that this is unnecessary information that does not affect the gameplay.

Role selection screen - Commander.

Not everyone can become a commander. 
To do this, you must be quite an experienced fighter and understand the tactical and strategic features of the world of WW3.

Well, or just to reach the level of
"Colonel" :)
  Hide contents

deploy-screen.thumb.jpg.ae525966036e7b9c7777083b0f26eff5.jpg

Commander Opportunities
1564419840410.png

A commander may provide various support to all Troops on the battlefield:
  • to send out supplies and equipment,
  • to cause artillery on the area
  • and conduct optical-electronic reconnaissance of the area,
  • and also perform tasks for the electronic suppression of the enemy.

Tactical capabilities for units
The squad commander may request from the commander:
  • to explore a specific area of the drone;
  • request the dumping of heavy equipment, supplies and medical care;
  • specify the target for the artillery strike;

1564420099580.png

{WIP-section}
As long as the Commander has his supply points, he can send various support to his fighters, including heavy vehicles.

If Commanders play on the server, then the cost of equipment for other players increases:
  • if there are two Commanders, then the cost increases N times;
  • if the Commander is one (second bot), then the cost increases 2N times;
  • if there are no Commanders, then the cost does not change.

Accordingly, for Commanders, the cost is reduced by X if one and 2X if two.
Thus, the importance of the Commander and the obligation to fulfill his orders will be justified - if you want to get a tank, then follow the orders!
Salaga …
{/WIP-section}

Information and disinformation
1564419810404.png

When one of the Commanders tries to reset his team’s support, the other will have a chance to interrupt it by trying to guess the square where help will be dropped.
Before dropping support, both Commanders will receive a notice of intelligence interception. If the Commander guesses the square, then the other, optional:

• «Received intelligence information is correct» — the dump area is highlighted by the reconnaissance drone.
    • You can, for example, cause an artillery strike or a bomber to prevent the enemy’s supply and / or destroy.
  • «The enemy misinformed us» — the guessed area was false, the enemy Commander wanted to distract us (for example, from dumping heavy equipment elsewhere).

Two times in a row in one and the same area can not reset support.
However, if misinformation was used and the trick was over, then you can once again try to send support to the same square.

Hide contents

war-map.thumb.jpg.4970513209568c15711d9961f823e0fd.jpg

Commander position
1564419779026.png

The commander must every N-minute to change its deployment, so that the enemy could not detect it and destroy or drown.

Why is that?
Because the battery of your portable command module was filled with coffee and you had to redirect all the power to a short-range antenna,
and to always receive an operational report from the battlefield, you need to be almost on the front line.

So it goes :)

Very cool concept. We will discuss it at the company.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

O my gosh! I have already forgotten about this concept :) Thank you for your kind words.

It is much easier for me to show my thought in this form than to describe it endlessly in words.
Also, the language barrier imposes its limitations-I do not know English very well ..

If we consider BF4 and their “Commander” mode, then in my humble opinion, this mechanic did not work in the BF, as it was more a marketing trick than a real thought-out core-mechanics of the game.

Among other things, the Commander in BF4 could not participate in battles on the battlefield.
In my concept, the Commander not only can participate in the battle, he is obliged to move across the field every N-minutes, so that the enemy could not detect and eliminate him.

Among other things, a tactical operations screen already exists as part of the key WW3 mechanics.
Personally, I'm using cooldown to use scout drones for 500 credits, as this is a cheap, and most importantly legal cheat :)

The commander is obtained by some MWP, with a steeper screen of tactical operations and a different algorithm for receiving bonuses.

The very idea of Commander mode literally hovers over WW3 :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cola500 said:

O my gosh! I have already forgotten about this concept :) Thank you for your kind words.

Congrats on having this idea discussed by the devs!

• Haha 1