tynblpb

[Feature][Vehicles] Rework few things about HeliDrone.

Rozmo

Suggestion has been sent for verification

Message added by Rozmo

Posted (edited)

I'll say it one more time: I don't have any problems with HeliDrone or with destroying it. But majority of players apparently does. If we take a look at common WW3 player he usualy doesn't have UCAS-D in his loadouts, no Loitering Ammo, nothing to oppose HeliDrone at all. It's just a running fodder who later would whine on forums that HeliDrone is OP.

So, here are my suggestions about how to make the life of the WW3 commoners not so miserable when HeliDrone is above them.

First. Strafing.

It's clear, that HeliDrone is too agile when strafing. When strafing HeliDrone has 80-90% speed of when he is moving straight. It's TOO HIGH. Add to this that fact that when strafing HeliDrone usually shows to enemies only frontal and lower armor plates. Plus, when strafing, it's silhouette is 3 times smaller than when he shows it's side. See it for urself. Distances are equal.

20190803211743_1.thumb.jpg.8e19d1d9290961e6e65296b8999f1e09.jpg

HeliDrone can simply circle around the CP and shoot enemies with it's Zuni HE rockets. And the chances that it'll be hit with RPG grenade are too low to worry about it and it can take too much bullets to be killed wthout being able to escape.

So, my 1st suggestion: reduce strafing speed of the HeliDrone 1.5-2 times.

Second. Height limit.

Current Height Limit for HeliDrone is too... high. This is how map look from 187m. How do u think are there any chances to deal any sufficient dmg to HeliDrone when it's this high?

20190803194906_1.thumb.jpg.75eac7039ddf869c292bf58821dedd08.jpg

Height Limit for horizontal maps is 190m. For Polyarny it's 165m. Doesn't make any difference at all. IMO, Height Limit for HeliDrone should be 100-120m. It still would be enough for HeliDrone to maneuver, but it wouldn't be unreachable for fire from the surface.

And it's my second suggestion: Reduce Height Limit for HeliDrone to 100-120 meters.

Third. Out of bounds timer.

Heliwhoring players know how to deal with UCAS-D jamming. First 4 secs of jamming when they still have control over HeliDrone they are trying to increase the distance between themselves and enemies and in the last secs they'll simply press Space button. As the jammed HeliDrone procceed moving in the direction it was doing right before being jammed, it'll fly up all the jamming duration. And there is 1 moment. Not only Out of Bounds Height limit is 190m, even if jammed HeliDrone will find itself out of bounds it still would have damn 9 secs to go down. Look at pic(Finally I was jammed!!!).

20190803200826_1.thumb.jpg.e35af9c2f6c04f4e2947e940c2853245.jpg

I pressed Space button right after the UCAS-D was callled in. And even so I was still 265 meters high. I tested: if u press Shift+Crl u'll go down 150m in 10 secs. So, even if ur height is 300m u still would be able to safely return to allowed height. Is there need to mention that the chances to deal any sufficient dmg to HeliDrone that is 300+m far from u are close to none? So,  UCAS-D against decent HeliDriver is ineffective. When the Space button is pressed right before jamming 12 secs later HeliDrone should be 200-220 meters high. It's a big threat, yes.

And here is my 3rd suggestion: make that the Out of Bounds countdown would start when HeliDrone passed the Height Limit and not when its driver regain control over it.

If there would be pissing me off HeliDrone, to counter it I'll simply call another HeliDrone with 12.7mm MG, destroy enemy in 20 secs and then I will do the usual stuff. But for commoners HeliDrone is currently rly OP and i don't think that reducing it's HP to 450 would change something. Because mediocre pilots aren't threat even now, but those who know hot to fly usually don't give chances to the RPG carriers and they are the ones who force ppl to whine on forums about HeliDrone being OP.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 3

The helidrone strike has to be timed, say 3 minutes and expires. And the problem is not problem.

The main problem I see is that the maps currently make it very easy for the heli to hide, especially urban maps. Usually when playing it feels to me like WW3 was intended to be a ground game. I'm not against the heli being in the game, it just seems like it is the only thing in game where the counters for it require more skill than the thing itself, and it also doesn't encourage team play in any way. I'm hoping that in the future there will be more mechanics added that increase the amount of counterplay here, because for now it's just trying your luck.

+add weight system: more powerful weapon = more weight. More weight = less speed, maneuverability

• Like 2

Oh, and yes. This thing. Without fixing this bug there is absolutely no point in choosing MGs.

It is hard to shoot when it is high but even so it's a helicopter drone. I had personally thought that the height limit should be higher, the worst case is on Polyarny where the map on a hill but the height limit is flat so flying straight put you out of bounds sometimes. As for holding the input once jammed; this should be removed. When jammed the heli should automatically land that way there is a chance for it to be destroyed or for it to be defended.

• Like 1

I have to say that the Heli Dron will be rebalanced in future. Get users vote this topic and I will send it over ;)

Add stingers to the game, aa mines, soflam or pld for guided rockets, add this to tanks and light vehicles as an added deterrent and  make it so it fires  fast so heli can't out maneuver it behind buildings. 

Posted (edited)

A stringer could be useful if you could use it on all drones including uavs but discludimg jammers. AA mines don't really have a place in the game in my opinion though. Soflam and pld from bf4? We already have a few wire guided and gunner guided rockets.

Edited by NeoOrNeon