Sign in to follow this  
Spaghet

Better optimization

hello to the team that's currently working on world war 3.my friend suggested me that game and i enjoyed it because it gave me vibes of games like battlefield and medal of honor which made the experience way better,but one down side i had is the fps and optimization for i was forced to  play on low settings and got frames from 60 to 100 fps in warzone and 110 to 170fps in deathmatch.i suggest the developers to focus on optimization for now and leave the improvements of the gun mechanic and other stuff because i just dont want the game to be another pubg with crap optimization for i really like it and like idea it holds and gameplay that comes with it <3.please optimize and take your time much love and good luck

Hey

Optimization process takes a lot of time during development, it's something which can't be done right now, at least not fully - full optimization will be done at the end of development. I wouldn't worry about it, for now, Developers know about performance issues and they're working on it, for now, they preparing 0.7 update which consists of engine switch to UE 4.21 and Optimization.  You can read about it here:
https://worldwar3.com/en/2019/07/08/weekly-report-19-engine-upgrade-and-optimization/

As developers also playing the game, I bet they're focused mostly on it, also they split team which can work on both - new content and game performance, because, no one wants to play in a game which has a lot of stuff added but is poorly optimized. ?

You can also read newer weekly reports https://worldwar3.com/en/articles/
Tomorrow comes out new weekly report, there could be some interesting informations.

Also check our Roadmap

The upcoming 0.7 update changes the game engine from UE 4.19 to 4.21. 4.21 has a new feature called the 'replication graph', which means that servers will be able to better predict which objects need to be sent to each computer. This feature will certainly give the servers a higher performance overhead, and by having less objects to render your computer should have a performance increase. As things like engine updates are still happening in the development process, it's just not worth fully optimising a game weeks before you pull the rug out underneath it. Early access is a work in progress, and that's just the way it is.