Sign in to follow this  
InfroD

Game loosing his players

After the post the game is loosing his soul, now its the game is loosing his players. I am aware you guys are working extremly hard on your new build, I know it takes lot of ressources, lot of time, but in the meantime, the population is decreasing really really baddly, to the point their is 1 server running on NA on evenings.

Things you should bring to your players is what they asked the most outside the performance.

1. Map rotation:  This is one of the most requested thing I think on here, it is annoying to have to go to the world map to pick a new server for a new map, and most time its an empty server, so people just stick to the server with people until they get bored of playing the same map over and over, which bring players to close the game since the other servers are.. empty.

2. HitReg on Heli: This has been requested a lot too, the entire Heli should be hittable, right now only parts are and allow the driver to escape most of the time. I will add ways to take down the Drone, like Stingers etc, off course if you had a counter to the drone the drone should be allowed to have evasive protection such as flares, but with a timer. Or if you want to spice it up, add a Tracer pistol like Bad Company 2 so you'll need to trace the Heli first then be able to lock him with rockets, this way no need for flares.

3. Armor: Right now having armor or not doesnt do anything, with the actual TTK I would rather have no armor to be a lot more mobile then wear armor who doesnt even protect me but slow me way too much.

4. Teamplay: Right now with the actual mechanic in game, only the squad leader really benefits to have a good teamplay, their is no need for people to run with Armor Pack, Med Packs, Ammo Packs and Equipment packs since they are on every flags, they should be removed from flags. What you should work on is a way to press F on your squad member to use their backpack, so if your teamate isnt dropping his pack, at least you can use it, and make it only usable by squad with this method. Reward for helping your squad leader and feeding your teamates with packs should be increased too.

5. TTK: I will not speak for the TTK in overall, but the damage instead, right now damage is kinda... random, you either one shot someone or take 5-10 bullets, its either the netcode or the ttk, also their is no feel in using a different gun for a bigger caliber, at this point I rather take a high RPM gun this way im sure to win over a slower gun.

As for promotion, you guy did great with your free weekend, however you should of allow all maps, Polyarmy is ... Ok? but isnt the best map to show your game, Berlin, Warsaw or Moscow are your best pick if you plan to do another one, screw this allow ALL maps, you want people to see how beautiful your maps are, they need to test them all too. Get high subs streamer to stream your game, offer them the freaking game at this point, its kinda sad to see on Twitch WW3 having 10 viewers while some 2010 games have more and Im not talking about classics talking about crappy 2010 games who get more viewers than this game. 

Last and not least, be with your community, I know you post weekly reports, but wanna know what? Those reports arent personalize, they are generic informations. We need to see you communicate with us via Facebook, Twitter, forum interact with your players, awnser their questions, tell them the idea is great and might be worth working on it. We need you guys to be our friend, we need to play with you too, why not make a Dev Stream where you play versus your players, and players watching you etc get rewards,

Just so you know, I might look like im complainning, but I am not, I want this game to succeed because I truly believe in it, I truly love playing it, and most of what I wrote are general stuff people do want.

21 минуту назад, InfroD сказал:

TTK: I will not speak for the TTK in overall, but the damage instead, right now damage is kinda... random, you either one shot someone or take 5-10 bullets, its either the netcode or the ttk, also their is no feel in using a different gun for a bigger caliber, at this point I rather take a high RPM gun this way im sure to win over a slower gun

It's called armor. And as for bigger calibers... I prefer them, so it's heavily dependant on individual playstyle.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

It's called armor. And as for bigger calibers... I prefer them, so it's heavily dependant on individual playstyle.

No armor isnt working, since a while, its really a matter of hitreg, you get hitmarker but you havent hit etc.

• Haha 1

Game lost its players in the first week after release because of idiotic behaviour of devs.  Right now it's nothing more than a dead game.

38 minutes ago, User5253353 said:

Game lost its players in the first week after release because of idiotic behaviour of devs.  Right now it's nothing more than a dead game.

This game hasn't been released yet, and which idiotic behavior you mean?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Free To Play during every weekend would liven the game up quite considerably.

I found this game through a free weekend myself.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/21/2019 at 6:45 PM, User5253353 said:

Yet you are still visiting the Forums. I think you still want to play this game when it get's more players.

On 8/15/2019 at 8:28 AM, InfroD said:

No armor isnt working, since a while, its really a matter of hitreg, you get hitmarker but you havent hit etc.

sometimes I get the red marker (set to show up only on kills), but then they still live somehow and I die. there is no killed confirmation on respawn either, just ~80-90 points of damage.

Please, use multiquote
weedtime

What are multiquotes

Edited by Matt_dOvale

We'll be doing a major pass on weapon damage and armor somewhere in the near future, we have a number of ideas how to improve the armor situation. Armor *is* effective, just the differences are too subtle and there is a ton of edgecases where armor can be completely omitted (gutshots et cetera). We'll work those out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2019 at 3:57 PM, Borreh said:

We'll be doing a major pass on weapon damage and armor somewhere in the near future, we have a number of ideas how to improve the armor situation. Armor *is* effective, just the differences are too subtle and there is a ton of edgecases where armor can be completely omitted (gutshots et cetera). We'll work those out.

Revert TTK changes please. Its math not opinion on why the game has issues.

A good middle ground TTK is what works best for weapon variety and balance.

I do hope you fix the gutshot issue since that was the only real problem with the past version of the game. It will allow you guys to balance weapons to need more accurate shots like snipers so you dont have the mess of a balancing now where a sniper grazes a chest for a instant kill but still be underpowered to ARs that can kill almost as fast.

Armor isnt not effective 1extra shot from a 3 chest shot kill is so minute it doesn't matter. 1 extra shot from 5 chest shot kill or 3 head shot kill now makes it more worth having instead of using light weight to just not get hit because every thing is practically instant kill do to the relation ship between reaction time and TKK.

15.08.2019 в 08:32, InfroD сказал:

1. Map rotation:  This is one of the most requested thing I think on here, it is annoying to have to go to the world map to pick a new server for a new map, and most time its an empty server, so people just stick to the server with people until they get bored of playing the same map over and over, which bring players to close the game since the other servers are.. empty.

Fully agree.

2. HitReg on Heli: This has been requested a lot too, the entire Heli should be hittable, right now only parts are and allow the driver to escape most of the time. I will add ways to take down the Drone, like Stingers etc, off course if you had a counter to the drone the drone should be allowed to have evasive protection such as flares, but with a timer. Or if you want to spice it up, add a Tracer pistol like Bad Company 2 so you'll need to trace the Heli first then be able to lock him with rockets, this way no need for flares.

Agree. Heli was nerfed on PTE last update, and its hitreg is better now.

3. Armor: Right now having armor or not doesnt do anything, with the actual TTK I would rather have no armor to be a lot more mobile then wear armor who doesnt even protect me but slow me way too much.

It's arguable. In first case, I think armor should protect not only frontal chest. It should be front and back plates for light armor. And heavy (ceramic and steel) should have either side and groin protection. In other case ALL my loadouts are heavy and I use ceramic-steel armor. It really helps toe-to-toe engagements.

4. Teamplay: Right now with the actual mechanic in game, only the squad leader really benefits to have a good teamplay, their is no need for people to run with Armor Pack, Med Packs, Ammo Packs and Equipment packs since they are on every flags, they should be removed from flags. What you should work on is a way to press F on your squad member to use their backpack, so if your teamate isnt dropping his pack, at least you can use it, and make it only usable by squad with this method. Reward for helping your squad leader and feeding your teamates with packs should be increased too.

Partially agree. Packs form flags should be removed, but squadmates receive addtional 400 BP at the moment, when they obey orders. I think, it's enough.

5. TTK: I will not speak for the TTK in overall, but the damage instead, right now damage is kinda... random, you either one shot someone or take 5-10 bullets, its either the netcode or the ttk, also their is no feel in using a different gun for a bigger caliber, at this point I rather take a high RPM gun this way im sure to win over a slower gun.

It's because armor. It has bad square protection now, why we have these issues. For example, if you shoots somebody with VEPR AR in his balls, you need only 4 bullets to kill hit. But if you shoot in his chest, and he wears steel armor, you need 8 bullets. That's why body armor should have more square protection,

I kinda like the packs on points but at the same time I don’t like it. with them there I can run c4 the little heli-copter or the rc car without too high of a negative but at the Same time I don’t like it because packs aren’t as useful so I wouldn’t mine if they were removed from points or stayed. 

3-4 bullets to kill every where but the center of the front chest. Great game idea ?

Just be bad at game hit not the center of the target and win. Or be MLG pro ball shooter.

Balls > Chest > Headshots = WW3

Dont make armor bigger make the lowest BTK hitbox get covered up by the 1:1 aspect real life sized plates. More BTK to kill when you dont hit the center of the chest. Front of chest vital area covered by the plate. Back is not so accurate back shot kill faster. Head shot/back shot > Chest Shot > ball shot

Why make bigger unrealistic sized plates. You wear the appropriate size plate for your size like you wear shirts.

Pack on flags looks like a lazy idea. Place holder if they are smart but doubtful with that. You get so many points that supporting the team doesn't matter. Kill a enemy gets so many points quick but throw down a ammo pack get not much at all. If you can kill 3 players and sit on a objective to get a strike why would you ever try playing support. You already get so many points for doing so little.

Why get a job if you get enought welfare for rest of your life to buy everything you could every want

Map rotation should be a thing as of launch still dont have it.

On 8/15/2019 at 8:32 AM, InfroD said:

I can't believe that still there is no map rotation.

Everyone talks about this since 0.3.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/21/2019 at 8:45 PM, User5253353 said:

SORRY for not being sorry

World War 3 Screenshot 2019.08.30 - 23.53.08.11.png

Edited by Majestec
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/15/2019 at 6:32 AM, InfroD said:

After the post the game is loosing his soul, now its the game is loosing his players. I am aware you guys are working extremly hard on your new build, I know it takes lot of ressources, lot of time, but in the meantime, the population is decreasing really really baddly, to the point their is 1 server running on NA on evenings.

Things you should bring to your players is what they asked the most outside the performance.

Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

As for promotion, you guy did great with your free weekend, however you should of allow all maps, Polyarmy is ... Ok? but isnt the best map to show your game, Berlin, Warsaw or Moscow are your best pick if you plan to do another one, screw this allow ALL maps, you want people to see how beautiful your maps are, they need to test them all too. Get high subs streamer to stream your game, offer them the freaking game at this point, its kinda sad to see on Twitch WW3 having 10 viewers while some 2010 games have more and Im not talking about classics talking about crappy 2010 games who get more viewers than this game. 

Last and not least, be with your community, I know you post weekly reports, but wanna know what? Those reports arent personalize, they are generic informations. We need to see you communicate with us via Facebook, Twitter, forum interact with your players, awnser their questions, tell them the idea is great and might be worth working on it. We need you guys to be our friend, we need to play with you too, why not make a Dev Stream where you play versus your players, and players watching you etc get rewards,

Just so you know, I might look like im complainning, but I am not, I want this game to succeed because I truly believe in it, I truly love playing it, and most of what I wrote are general stuff people do want.

I think on here, it is annoying to have to go to the world map to pick a new server for a new map, and most time its an empty server

Edited by samwisewilton

On 8/15/2019 at 6:32 AM, InfroD said:

Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

I do hope you fix the gutshot issue since that was the only real problem with the past version of the game. It will allow you guys to balance weapons to need more accurate shots like snipers so you dont have the mess of a balancing now where a sniper grazes a chest for a instant kill but still be underpowered to ARs that can kill almost as fast.

Edited by samwisewilton
  • Like 1