Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Matt_dOvale

[Feature] shooting from rifle instead of your head (reticle)

Rozmo

Suggestion has been sent for verification

Message added by Rozmo

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

As the title says.

Right now when shooting you shoot bullets from the reticle of your scope or iron sight. I suggest this to be changed to actually shooting from the barrel of your rifle. This would mean that you have to pay attention to where your barrel is pointing; if the barrel is pointing at a wall/fence when aiming down your sight you won't shoot through it. 

 

Kind of off topic but i  the same alley: when standing close to an obstacle and pointing your rifle at it, the gun should be held down or upwards. Right now there is a weird ghosting effect on the weapon when standing so close to a wall

I found a pretty nice video of rifle collision vs the world around the player. It's a bit extreme and I'd even be happy if the player would just lower the gun or rifle when standing against a wall.

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by Matt_dOvale
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the devs said already that this would be a change not as easy as one would hope but still I am all for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

I think the devs said already that this would be a change not as easy as one would hope but still I am all for it. 

It would probably be a pretty big overhaul to the gun system I think, yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a uh oh moment when the AMA said that bullet came from head not gun. They should have known better. It is a big problem in shooters now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KDP did you really not notice this before the AMA? Aren't you always claiming to be such an experienced player to whome everybody should listen to? ^^ The head glitching made this quite obvious from day 1 on.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that the second part of the suggestion is just as important because it can be a way to balance long and short barrels. If I am not mistaken one of the main advantages of short barrels is the increased mobility and agility in enclosed areas (the guys who actually served might confirm or correct this :D ) Probably this can be implemented if going ADS is denied by certain objects and this happens sooner the longer the rifle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

Probably this can be implemented if going ADS is denied by certain objects and this happens sooner the longer the rifle.

It would definitely take more time to raise a rifle with a longer barrel up on a wall or window compared to short barrels.
You'll have to pull the rifle back a bit before it's above the obstacle. 

What I was trying to convey though that guns should act more like this in videogames:

Spoiler

Things like this are very unrealistic

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor fps world rifle collision

It's a bit extreme, but it's a really nice example. I'll put this in the main thread as well.

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I literally asked this question in the Q and A to see if they were going about this right.

I knew there was going to be head glitching ever since they said yes in the Q and A. I just hoped they had a plan around head glitching.

Most games go for head projections for a reason because rifle projections are hard but they should of worked through it especially when they are going for 1:1 realistic maps and leaning that cant alleviate head glitching through making the cover short enough that they cant hide all of their hitbox except the small part that actually shoots.

This was a major oversight especially with leaning and the map design. Any decent player could smell this as a issue even before the game came out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

I literally asked this question in the Q and A to see if they were going about this right.

I knew there was going to be head glitching ever since they said yes in the Q and A. I just hoped they had a plan around head glitching.

Most games go for head projections for a reason because rifle projections are hard but they should of worked through it especially when they are going for 1:1 realistic maps and leaning that cant alleviate head glitching through making the cover short enough that they cant hide all of their hitbox except the small part that actually shoots.

This was a major oversight especially with leaning and the map design. Any decent player could smell this as a issue even before the game came out.

You are totally right my man. All people have to do is pop out their heads and they are not even vulnerable because they have bullets coming out of their heads. I've been killed this way numerous times and it infuriates me sometimes.

The shooting from the rifle also comes with a bit of true first person perspectives, which are fucking hard to make if not done from the beginning. For example Ground Branch and Squad have these these thing nailed down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...