tynblpb

New killscreen in 0.7 patch.

Posted (edited)

At first, when I've read this

New Kill Screen will now show you an approximate direction the kill shot got you from via a small minimap

weekly25-killscreen-1024x547.png

I was  like

tenor.gif.125530d467d9ba01b128539d23c3c7ff.gif

But then I reminded myself that in early days of playing WW3 I was running with KD 0.7-0.8 asking myself "and where did that shot came from? AGAIN." And I remembered few streamers asking the same question. And much more whining about that in the days of FreeWeekend. So, if that could help newcomers not to su... suck less hard...

...?

let it be... 

P.S. Info about customization of the weapon u've been killed with... Show dem noobz who's daddy and THIS IS HOW U CUSTOMIZE.?

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

Yeah, well I also have quite mixed feeling about the direction indicator. I would rather not have it in but yeah if it helps with the playercount. Why not :)

Well if it's working like the red icon when we get shot, It wont be precise at all hahahaha

• Like 1

You are really like a bunch of old people. The old times are better and nothing is allowed to change. 

Give it at least a try when the patch hits before saying its bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, this gives you just a vague idea where the shot came from, you still need your own eyes (or scouting) to locate the enemy. It won't also hand out sniping spots to you like killcam does.

I think this is a fine in between because it gives you a hint of what happened without being a cheaty killcam. It will help mitigate the "wherethehelldidthatcomefrom.jpg" problem of "random" deaths, which we consider one of the few last major gameplay issues the game has; with the animation system being in very advanced stages, what's left is fine tuning like this before 1.0 release.

• Like 2

Bad Idea more dumbing down of the game. Let the game have some level of a learning curve. But with how bad the spawn on squad spawning is maybe since situational awareness is out the window now.

The best way to mitigate whining of where did it come from is "get gud". The easier you make the game the lower the player count gets.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:50 AM, Fullback said:

You are really like a bunch of old people. The old times are better and nothing is allowed to change. 

Give it at least a try when the patch hits before saying its bad.

Gave many things a chance they were pretty bad. Its almost as if we had already had experience with mechanics like these before in other games and can make sound judgments.

When it hits patch the devs wont undo it, the only chance to keep the game from being worse is to give feedback while its still being built. Pretty illogical to say just wait, its just diffusing the criticism and feedback instead of actually contributing to the discussion. 

I think it's too specific in that image.

A simple left arrow, right arrow, up arrow, down arrow (MAYBE show two arrows for a diagonal like up and right arrow), but showing a specific area is too much info IMO.

• Like 2

If some one was at least not dumb they could figure out the exact spot from that picture. There are only three spot that you would get shot from in that cone. The barricades near the coloums, the path from a2 and the barricades with the steps. It gives a non dumb person a 20 meter area of where enemy was. A better idea would to keep the hit indicator on after death since people dies so fast that its only noticeable for a fraction of second. Hit indicator when you alive means nothing when you cant see it.

All you need is a diagram you shot on the right, the left, the back, or face. If you can think fast you notice the hit marker when you die but not every one has fast reaction times. Giving out the location is bad for game.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 3:54 PM, Borreh said:

Honestly, this gives you just a vague idea where the shot came from, you still need your own eyes (or scouting) to locate the enemy. It won't also hand out sniping spots to you like killcam does.

I think this is a fine in between because it gives you a hint of what happened without being a cheaty killcam. It will help mitigate the "wherethehelldidthatcomefrom.jpg" problem of "random" deaths, which we consider one of the few last major gameplay issues the game has; with the animation system being in very advanced stages, what's left is fine tuning like this before 1.0 release.

image.png.24843376cda3b1281d70d7095dead2ff.png

This pretty much tells me exactly where I got shot from. Its too cheaty for sure and there isn't a issue for  this to even be needed. There are only a few spots on the map to snipe/shoot from and this will 100% tell them where you are.

Leaving the hit register up after death so they dont miss it. Thats like the only thing that needs to be done.

And WTF. Did you just say this game only has a few major gameplay issues left? Like what game are you playing. This game is completely fucked up right now. How can you even say such a statement. I'm crying laughing right now this is so bad of a statement. I'm sorry but that was supper outrageous to say. This game has so many issues and is no where near 1.0 gameplay wise. Do you need a list of whats wrong in this game.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying the be mean and wasn't going to make this post about that comment but dear Jesus that was bad statement when I noticed it afterwards. Is this like a personal statement or the F51s party line you are forced to say. You guys have like no direction to this game how can you say its almost done.

Guys, I think I'll repeat. It was made for newcomers. So they would know where to look when they will spawn. Newcomers that DON'T KNOW THE MAP. For us it's pretty much unusable but... it wasn't made for us.

That's why I'm not against this feature.

I don't know why it is a problem if you vaguely know where you got shot from. It is not specific at all and most players will move to attack the objective anyway. So it only impacts snipers a little bit (which isn't a bad thing). I don't know why everyone is so against this as it helps newcomers a lot and doesn't change anything for experienced players.

• Like 1

lol for people that already know the maps, it's super easy to know where u were shot from so this doesn't really change anything for experianced players while it helps new players. 

Not saying i like it but i don't mind it being in the game 

• Like 1

It's funny when people who act like they're the best (when they're not) say things and act like children thinking their opinion is facts and logical when there is no facts or logic behind what they're saying.

The direction where you died from is a good thing. If you think it dumbs the game down then stop camping. After you kill someone you move and change positions. 

I've been doing fine since early access release - present because I've adapted. It seems some "great" gamers can't and want it to be how it's good for only them specifically then come here to bitch and complain, why? Because your not as good as you claim? I think it's that but this is just my opinion :).

• Like 6

We don't need casual bullshit like this.

We all learned the game the normal way, same should apply to new players even if they have an IQ of a mouth-drooling neanderthal.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

The people here are why the game is dead and doing so bad. Shilling for the devs after every horrible decision. 

If you keep dumbing down the game and taking away the learning curve. People wont play for a long time because the game will be very shallow. That is already the reason this game lost so many players and cant retain any players.

The map layouts are already supper simple. I play run and gun I dont sit still so its a BS argument to try and say "Muh Camping". The point isnt about to stop campers it about telling them your location. If you shot some one and they respawn in a couple of seconds then they will know exactly where you where. If you were trying to perform a flanking movement and weren't camping they now know they are getting flanked and will strike the area or get a angle to shoot you as you try to move away fro m that area. They will know either are going based off what objectives are under control of who and where there teammates are. People spawn so fast that they can counter you since they know where you were in under 15 seconds.

The game is getting dumbed down to the point that there is no learning left to this game. Every challenge to make the game more interesting and require more though is being take out of the game. Its also nerfing the skill of players and there making no point to try and put effort into the game which is major content for some players.

At least I have Planetside Arena and the new MW to hope wont be shit. Really hoping for WW3 to un-fuck its self but it looks like its just going to end up in the trash heap and stay dead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TZoningHard said:

The people here are why the game is dead and doing so bad. Shilling for the devs after every horrible decision. 

If you keep dumbing down the game and taking away the learning curve. People wont play for a long time because the game will be very shallow. That is already the reason this game lost so many players and cant retain any players.

The map layouts are already supper simple. I play run and gun I dont sit still so its a BS argument to try and say "Muh Camping". The point isnt about to stop campers it about telling them your location. If you shot some one and they respawn in a couple of seconds then they will know exactly where you where. If you were trying to perform a flanking movement and weren't camping they now know they are getting flanked and will strike the area or get a angle to shoot you as you try to move away fro m that area. They will know either are going based off what objectives are under control of who and where there teammates are. People spawn so fast that they can counter you since they know where you were in under 15 seconds.

The game is getting dumbed down to the point that there is no learning left to this game. Every challenge to make the game more interesting and require more though is being take out of the game. Its also nerfing the skill of players and there making no point to try and put effort into the game which is major content for some players.

At least I have Planetside Arena and the new MW to hope wont be shit. Really hoping for WW3 to un-fuck its self but it looks like its just going to end up in the trash heap and stay dead.

Completely agree with this.

... except Planetside Arena and their Devs, they can fuck off for all I care lol

24 minutes ago, Boursk said:

Completely agree with this.

... except Planetside Arena and their Devs, they can fuck off for all I care lol

Understandable. I know H1Z1 was a shit show.

2 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

If you were trying to perform a flanking movement and weren't camping they now know they are getting flanked and will strike the area or get a angle to shoot you as you try to move away fro m that area.

except when you try to flank you don't shoot anyone to remain undetected?

The other arguments are fair, though I'd like you to stop wanting this game to be tailored to you.
Like, come on. The game is nowhere near completion and a lot is gonna get reworked.

I think this little picture is still better than a killcam...

• Thanks 1

2 часа назад, TZoningHard сказал:

No, game is now quite... empty due very poor optimisation.

BF1 has bad gunplay and is full of cheaters, but it has enough players.

Overwatch has the worst gunplay, I had ever seen (hitboxes are bigger, than graphic model), awful graphics, full of autoaiming skills. Even my ex-girlfriend, who played shooter first time, build an autoturret and got a lot of frags, due this turret headshots people from another corner of the map. But Overwatch is Competitive.

These games are perfect in technical aspect. WW3 is not. FAR NOT.

Edited by †FeuerEuphorie†