Rozmo

Feedback on update 0.7

Yeah the menu seems to be bugged. I have an M417 with a long barrel. Initially it did show a base damage of 37 for the long barrel. Switching to medium barrel the damage remained at 37. The short one then displayed 40. Switching back to the long barrel it did now show a base damage of 43. Switching to the medium one it was back at 37. Switching back to long it did now show a damage of 40.

The menu is indeed bugged, you need to click on a barrel twice to get the correct damage curve. Damage dropoff differentiation will be added soon.

• Thanks 1

PTE 0.7.9 Patch Notes

[GAMEPLAY]

Different damage over distance for different barrel types

So this has no real effect so far? 

4 minuty temu, HeiligeRobbe napisał:

PTE 0.7.9 Patch Notes

[GAMEPLAY]

Different damage over distance for different barrel types

So this has no real effect so far? 

I think there is some kind of bug on this mechanic

Yeah I read your report last night. So you tested it ingame right? And are not referring to the menu correct?

Another question which came up last night: have the armor plates been increased in size?

Sadly map rotation didn't work for me. :( infinite map loading. 

6 minut temu, HeiligeRobbe napisał:

Yeah I read your report last night. So you tested it ingame right? And are not referring to the menu correct?

Yup we tested it. And yes dmg didn't change with distance. And i didn't know why long barrel do less damage than short 🤔

Given the new weekly report I assume this is fixed? While not being outright game breaking it would be a very annoying thing if the barrel/damage system would be messed up.

@Borreh are the damage values displayed after clicking on a barrel twice the intended ones? If so I am quite a bit sceptical about long barrels having a significantly lower base damage. I understand the intuition behind that because long barrels reigned supreme so far, but one would have to balance the damage drop off carefully so that Short Barrels would not become the go to option on longer ranges.

E.g. as of now tbe menu says the drop off starts at 105m for all bullets. Given the average engagement distance I see no reason to pick a long barrel. Letting the drop off start a lot earlier would lead to shorter engagement distances I think. Personally I prefer the longer distances.

On top it is kind of counter intuitive as the bullet would have a higher muzzle velocity and thus energy. To buff short barrels relative to long ones I would prefer to see a more pronounced increase in the rpm and maneuverability increases like a (significantly) shorter ADS time, the ability to ADS closer to obstacles, stuff like that. But that's quite personal again. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I would double the post above, but for me preferable would be adding difference in RoF that actually works. Though for me as machinegun-user difference in dmg has close to zero meaning.

Edited by tynblpb

1 hour ago, tynblpb said:

[...] difference in RoF that actually works. [...]

How do you mean that? Do the displayed multipliers have 0 effect atm?

Posted (edited)
4 часа назад, HeiligeRobbe сказал:

How do you mean that? Do the displayed multipliers have 0 effect atm?

When half of a year ago I was testing Pecheneg and MG5  long and short barrels there was no difference in RoF between them.

Upd. Tested just now: no difference in RoF for different MG and AR barrels.

Edited by tynblpb

20 hours ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

Given the new weekly report I assume this is fixed? While not being outright game breaking it would be a very annoying thing if the barrel/damage system would be messed up.

@Borreh are the damage values displayed after clicking on a barrel twice the intended ones? If so I am quite a bit sceptical about long barrels having a significantly lower base damage. I understand the intuition behind that because long barrels reigned supreme so far, but one would have to balance the damage drop off carefully so that Short Barrels would not become the go to option on longer ranges.

E.g. as of now tbe menu says the drop off starts at 105m for all bullets. Given the average engagement distance I see no reason to pick a long barrel. Letting the drop off start a lot earlier would lead to shorter engagement distances I think. Personally I prefer the longer distances.

On top it is kind of counter intuitive as the bullet would have a higher muzzle velocity and thus energy. To buff short barrels relative to long ones I would prefer to see a more pronounced increase in the rpm and maneuverability increases like a (significantly) shorter ADS time, the ability to ADS closer to obstacles, stuff like that. But that's quite personal again. 

Those stats aren't final, we will be iterating soon. Dropoff differentiation will be added.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:58 AM, Zvolteh said:

And for that weird little argument that y'all's are having, you're all wrong in some ways and right in others, and a lot of opinions too. 

Gun balance is mostly good at the moment, barring any bugs. Sway, eh, who cares? The sway in this game is such a non issue, stop being babies. Go play Arma 3 and come back here and you'll forget sway exists anymore. 

ARMA 3 is a roleplaying game that is not supposed to focus on skill full gunplay being the determining factor of a engagement. If every one could use gun with any effectiveness the RP carebears would get wiped out.

That's a good thing, btw. Why would you want more sway? What's that gonna do but make it universally more difficult to kill the guy you're aiming at? Idk about you, but when I'm sitting there in a rough place and there's multiple enemies pushing me, I need my bullets to go where the hell I'm aiming, and to do their job. 

And sniping takes skill, don't act like it doesn't. If it took no skill you'd be doing nothing but sniping yourself. Nothing to do with morals. The reason it always looks cheesy or unfair when someone is repeatedly killing you with a sniper (especially in cqc) is because they're outplaying you. 
I agree but devs dont and are trying to remove quick scoping like this out of the game they said on steam fourms. They have tried already but said currently its a bug. ITs only a matter of times before they mess this part of the game up. 

Here, once you can do this you'll understand 
this is how I prefer to play and do play. CQC bolter is really fun. Only thing in this game that hasnt been casualness or dumbed down top the point its not interesting

horizontal recoil isn't fun, luckily new attachment system has horizontal recoil reduction and stats for that, altho it's not fully implemented yet it seems, but it should be a way to optimize recoil on a gun-by-gun basis. 
IDK what the devs are thinking at this point, the issue isnt hor recoil its sway. modifying its to make the guns more customization is a weak attempt at sudo customization

Tanks would be more fun with out third person. But would be horrible to navigate in the cramped area's 
When I was bored in a tank just playing FPP made the game a lot more enjoyable but would be harder for newer players who would get stuck and forcing your self to play at with a handicap to make the game fun is a game design error

On 10/8/2019 at 8:16 PM, HeiligeRobbe said:

Maybe you can detail this out slightly more? Will it be something like this in the end:

M417 Damage.jpg

Pretty much exactly that :)We don't want to rush out any untested changes right now but the barrel damage curves will look very simillar to the above pic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well then let's see how that plays out :) I have to admit I would prefer the same base damage for each barrel and other advantages of the short barrel as mentioned above.

• Like 1

Thank you for all of your feedback. See you in 0.8