Sign in to follow this  
†FeuerEuphorie†

[Weapon] Concept about attachements

Question

Posted (edited)

After some times of brainstorming I write here some ideas, how to balance attachments and make every gun something unique. These ideas are bold enough and maybe, you guys, will crucify me for that=)

1) So these parameters should be constant and depends only on the gun and unchangeble by attachments.
Damage - it depends most on muzzle energy and ammo caliber. Unique right now.
Rate of Fire - depends on gas engine of the gun. Make this unique.
Recoil Pattern - it depends most on muzzle energy and ammo caliber (bullet weight) as well as design features of the gun. Make this unique.
ADS Speed - more for SMG and pistols, less for machineguns, heavy rifles and RPG.

2) Barrel attachment.
Lenght of barrel should affect Spread, Eqiup time, Weight, Bullet Velocity, Damage Drop and Hipfire Bloom per Shot
Standart barrel has these parameters by default.
Long (LMG) barrel.
Better: Spread, Bullet Velocity, Damage Drop.
Worse: Equip Time, Weight, Hipfire Bloom per Shot.
Short (Carbine) barrel.
Better: Equip Time, Weight, Hipfire Bloom per Shot.
Worse: Spread, Bullet Velocity, Damage Drop.

3) Foregrip attachement.

Foregrips are ergonomic attachements and should affect Sway,  Recoil Decrease and ADS Time (make them "better" in cost of some weight).
Vertical Foregrip: Sway.
Cobra Foregrip: ADS Time.
Potato Foregrip: Recoil Decrease.
Monster Foregrip: ADS Time and Recoil Decrease hybrid (lower effect).
Juno Foregrip: Sway and Recoil Decrease hybrid (lower effect).
Angle (UKM) Foregrip: ADS Time and Recoil Decrease hybrid (lower effect).

Bipods should drastically decrease Sway and Recoil when proning (or if there will be deploying, like in BF).

One more about hybrid Foregrips/Bipods (RGL) They should be sligtly worse than a foregrip and bipods and have some transformation time.

4) Muzzle attachements.

In one hand, adding difference parameters (in 0.7 patch) for muzzle attachements will create more combinations. In other hand this makes each gun less unique, and is less realistic. Even more, muzzle attachments for different guns are frequently not compatible for each other. So, I'd prefer to see not such large quantity of muzzle attachments overall, but few and unique for each gun. In this suggestion words "muzzle brake", "flash hider" and "compensator" are just words. They mean different variants of one attachment called "muzzle brake".

Muzzle Brake (standart option for many guns)
Standart Vertical Recoil and Horizontal Recoil.
Flash hider.
Better: Vertical Recoil.
Worse: Horisontal Recoil.
Compensator.
Better: Horisontal Recoil.
Worse: Vertical Recoil.
Supressor.
Better: hide muzzle flash and decreases sound.
Worse: Overall Recoil.

Special Thanks for HeiligeRobbe for the idea of sway-decreasing foregrips=)
UPD: 10.10.19. Heavily remade the suggestion.

Edited by †FeuerEuphorie†
Make every type of attachement change only their parameter.
  • Like 3

5 answers to this question

I will just link my old suggestion here: 

Your's is obviously far more fletched out. Regarding the suppressor I would argue against a reduction of bullet speed and increase in bullet drop though, because that's not what suppressors do as far as I understand. In reality they increase muzzle velocity (for supersonic ammo), eliminate muzzle flaah and decrease recoil.

To balance this out ingame, they could have an unrealistically high weight and probably increase ADS time because of the added barrel length. Although, I find the sway too pronounced at the moment I find it also kind of plausible that suppressors increase the sway due to the altered weapon balance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

Supressors should supress sounds and muzzle flash, but make recoil bigger with addition of drastically decreasing Bullet Speed and increasing Bullet drop.

Except suppressors in real life increase Bullet Speed due to the barrel being slightly longer and a suppressor is designed to use the escaping gasses to push the bullet "again"
(speed increase most noticeable on handguns which gives about a 1-3% increase) 

Recoil would actually decrease on handguns, because of the weight added to the front of the gun. So the bullet goes faster and faster bullets don't drop quicker than slower ones.

Check out this video on suppressors 

So technically and realistically, using a suppressor should even add just a little bit more damage and bullet speed

7 минут назад, Matt_dOvale сказал:

Except suppressors in real life increase Bullet Speed due to the barrel being slightly longer and a suppressor is designed to use the escaping gasses to push the bullet "again"

I agree with one exception. In real life suppressors are most effective with subsonic bullets.

31.08.2019 в 17:01, HeiligeRobbe сказал:

In reality they increase muzzle velocity (for supersonic ammo), eliminate muzzle flaah and decrease recoil.

Compared to "naked" barrel, decreasing of recoil is true. But compared to gun with big muzzle brake such as AK-15, changing muzzle brake to suppressor will increase recoil.