Sign in to follow this  
KDP

[Gameplay] Respawn

Question

I think the 10 second, respawn waiting time is short after death, it's too fast for, gameplay

Even in and Battlefield V games 15-sec. after respawn time death, and the map is bigger in BF games, and they are also said to be a faster gameplay.

in more serious shooting games, 20+ sec. to respawn...

i suggest the 20-second respawn.

the 20-second may make players more thoughtful, 

and can help with many complaints about the chaotic resuswn system.

This was the best suggestion. It got declined because of not being active enough?

The spawn system is pretty bad and chaotic. The amount of times that I have seen player spawn on another and either get killed after spawning or kill the attacker as he was attacking the player that was spawn on is a common thing to see.

The old system was much much better. It was not perfect but it was so much better. Players spawn way too fast and are spawning everywhere. .6 has been out for months we know its bad, Its been tested. Either get rid of spawning on other players or increase the time. Maybe both if you want to make a great change for the game. We have mobile spawn but never tested it by its self. Mobile spawn should be enough to get rid of spawn camp which I never saw as a problem and still see happening in game now.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

I think, current respawn system is temporary consensus. If we get some day 30v30 Warzone with LARGE map and D1-D2 control points, I would like next respawn system:

Squad Leader has respawn beacon, which can be deployed and destroyed by enemies. Players can respawn only on control points, mobile spawn point, or respawn beacon. And there shouldn't be enemies near to respawn.

Edited by †FeuerEuphorie†
  • Like 1

It would work only with "3 BTK headshots". Battlefield has revive system for its 15 seconds spawntime.

I still remember running in bushes on the Go Shi Min road for 2 mins only to be killed in secs by some "gook" with AK. And again. And again.

Without reviving those, who aren't that good would only spend their playtime looking at spawnscreen. NO, THX.

20 seconds might be too long, but 15 could potentially be a deal. One does spawn quite fast and this can lead to some problems if you fight a squad and they keep spawning on each other over and over again (this is a different matter of course). Didn't not that .6 was bad though :( At the moment I simply have not much time for gaming but I always had a lot of fun with .6.

I think we have to wait until we have more people in one game (30v30) and the maps have more people in them and then begin thinking about reviving and longer respawn times.

Right now with 15v15 there are too few people on the map to have longer respawn times

• Like 3

9 hours ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

I think, current respawn system is temporary consensus. If we get some day 30v30 Warzone with LARGE map and D1-D2 control points, I would like next respawn system:

Squad Leader has respawn beacon, which can be deployed and destroyed by enemies. Players can respawn only on control points, mobile spawn point, or respawn beacon. And there shouldn't be enemies near to respawn.

I absolutely love the spawn beacon for respawns. Been pushing for a squad style respawn with rally spawns placed by SLs since .2 or .3.
Give it a mini radar and show deaths around the rally point to prevent spawn camping.

Then the game would have more strategy and a logistic of spawn feature to the game instead of chaotic unorganized spawning on players.

getting killed because of a enemy player spawned on the player you were killing or vice versa would not be a issue because you understand that's a spawn point and enemies will spawn here.

You actually have squad cohesion instead of spawning on one of the random squadmates out doing random things not together. Could even make it where squad mates have to coordinate or be cohesive to put down a rally.

But devs told me that they dont like this idea continually.

I dunno if a longer timer would make people more thoughtful. It could be annoying for a lot of people. Personally I think it is the movement speed that makes WW3 so fast paced and chaotic. Everybody should be slower.

6 hours ago, NeoOrNeon said:

I dunno if a longer timer would make people more thoughtful. It could be annoying for a lot of people. Personally I think it is the movement speed that makes WW3 so fast paced and chaotic. Everybody should be slower.

Which is in the works and being tested so that's nice