VValkyr

Make small mags more useful

Question

As we know, there is literally no reason to pick small mags for weapons (below 30) unless youre roleplaying, which is pain to do. What if we get an options for rechambering our weapons to a higher caliber (essentially turning them into DMR's) and making dragunov out of vepr, in a trade of single fire/10 bullet mag? They could be on pair with battle rifles (scar and m417) but for example with bigger recoil or bullet drop. There is many things we could make with them. Why not make something of those sorts (look image below) a cool and not joke loadout!ee2aff59422974c088d42d11d6f59da5027adf9e

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

I made a suggestion a while ago about this. I suggested we have a per magazine weight and carrying smaller mags would mean less weight. That was the only realistic use for them I could think of.

Edited by NeoOrNeon
  • Like 1

One rifle can usually use only one bullet type: the chambers simply aren't fitted for other sizes of ammo. Depends on the weapon though.

For instance the Deagle fits both .50cal and smaller bullets.

• Like 1

Making a receiver modification would be cool for some weapons. I've seen people chamber aks in .308 by boring out the barrel and modifying the receiver.

• Like 1

I think smaller mags should be just benefited with some stats, like less weight and faster reloads or maybe more overall ammo. For example you would have 2x60 drums or 5x30 mags. So you would trade your overall available ammo for greater capacity.

7 hours ago, PartTimeAHole said:

I think smaller mags should be just benefited with some stats, like less weight and faster reloads or maybe more overall ammo. For example you would have 2x60 drums or 5x30 mags. So you would trade your overall available ammo for greater capacity.

I get it from a balancing POV, but more mags takes up quite some space and gets pretty heavy after a while

The main benefit of the smaller mag is it's weight (what can be utilized for better scope) and equip speed (if you use gadgets frequently). I use it regularly with AR and my AR conversion to DMR (Beryl as a DMR is my guilty pleasure :>). With 0.7 patch comes a rather massive attachment rebalance so those things are still subject to change. We are open for discussion. ;)

• Thanks 1