Sign in to follow this  
NeoOrNeon

[Feature] [Strike] "auto-pilot" for drones.

Question

An in game option to make your deployed UGV follow you in exterior locations and attack enemies you (the operator) mark. In addition you should be able to order it to deploy it's supplies if it has any. This would allow the drone to become the battle bot I always wanted them to be, I've tried using it aggressively by pushing up with the drone but unfortunately it just isn't as effective as just sitting in spawn and using the drone like a tank.

6 answers to this question

The biggest problem here, I think, is how to balance the accuracy of drone. One of reasons, why I hate Overwatch, are automatic turrets, which are headshotting people at the opposite corner of the map.

7 hours ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

The biggest problem here, I think, is how to balance the accuracy of drone. One of reasons, why I hate Overwatch, are automatic turrets, which are headshotting people at the opposite corner of the map.

I thought about this to, I thought increased spread and a slower turret rotation. Remember it still only fires at enemies marked by the owner.

We're not currently pursuing adding Ai to the game, and Ai controlled vehicles would require a big revamp to the levels and how we build them. Also, having the UGV play for itself would make it one of the best strikes in the game.

Love the idea, loved the auto titans in Titanfall, but it's not possible to do for now without major reworks.

2 hours ago, Ragir said:

We're not currently pursuing adding Ai to the game, and Ai controlled vehicles would require a big revamp to the levels and how we build them. Also, having the UGV play for itself would make it one of the best strikes in the game.

Love the idea, loved the auto titans in Titanfall, but it's not possible to do for now without major reworks.

I kinda figured Ai would be problematic. I can't see it not getting itself stuck. 

21 minutes ago, NeoOrNeon said:

I can't see it not getting itself stuck. 

You can work around this issue by level design and some other clever methods, but those take a lot of time and could negatively impact play for 'human' players.

• Like 1