Wikstone_

Why did you stop playing

For me one thing only: no map rotation. I want to play with same people / squad in new map after round ends.

• Like 2

And don't forget 30vs30 ?

Very strange and confusing that they didn't program the map rotation earlier, means in the first quarter of the year ?.

• Like 1

WW3 is installed on my PC since launch. 

During the Early Access this game had some low that make me stop and some good that makes me come back in.

The core game is solid and i really like it, but i don't want to get bored of playing it before release (i'm already Mayor General).

Player count always matter, and WW3 has bad numbers. Still does not means it is dead. At all.

There is much else to play out there, and i know a lot of people that does not play since months but always keep an eye of forum and reddit and will be more than happy to jump in again when it will be more polished and complete.

Edited by Ziogualty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Super low player numbers in the US is my main thing.  There is hardly ever a server with enough people to have any fun anymore.  I also think that Modern Warfare, after playing the beta this weekend, will be a decent enough game that I won't really need this game anymore.  It's sad to say, because I've been playing since the alpha, but it's taken so long to finish that most hype is gone along with the player base and I think this year's Call of Duty will take the rest.

• Like 1

No Updates since three months or so. Hate that they tweaked gunplay, hitreg and ttk to death.
Small players numbers, no map rotation, stupid heli drone and almost no teamplay put the nail in the coffin atm. Maybe coming back with the next patch. Depends on performance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I kinda look at the game every month to see whats changed but the map rotation is still the biggest problem for me. And i would like to play the 60 players warzone but sadly no one is playing the PTE which runs far better for me than the public game.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 7:10 AM, Wikstone_ said:

For me one thing only: no map rotation. I want to play with same people / squad in new map after round ends.

Hey!

I hope you still here, Rotation map has been added to our latest patch on PTE 0.7, and it works! Hope to see you in World War 3 once 0.7 comes to live servers ❤️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thnks Rozmo and  FARM 51 .!!

... but map rotation need to be fixed a lot of CTD's, Our reports were send already,  still map rotation bug .

WW3 it's on the right track, but ... still dono if its gonna be enough to bring back the players.

We here still form time to time play a round or two and report some new and old bugs, but its tiresome and frustrating , not to see this game to advance properly, time will tell .

For us was the gameplay , TTK,  performance and CRAZY CTD's that kill the momentum to our Player Branch, just one squad plays now.

Cheers

On 9/27/2019 at 2:10 AM, HALCON4 said:

Thnks Rozmo and  FARM 51 .!!

... but map rotation need to be fixed a lot of CTD's, Our reports were send already,  still map rotation bug .

WW3 it's on the right track, but ... still dono if its gonna be enough to bring back the players.

We here still form time to time play a round or two and report some new and old bugs, but its tiresome and frustrating , not to see this game to advance properly, time will tell .

For us was the gameplay , TTK,  performance and CRAZY CTD's that kill the momentum to our Player Branch, just one squad plays now.

Cheers

Map rotation should be working fine, there is a issue with the map loading and many players get stuck on it. Devs are working to get that fixed before 0.7 hit Live.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I stopped playing because of the optimitation (hard word lol) and because of the movement. It's a mix of arma 2 and battlefield movement, which kinda puts me off.

• Like 1

I'm guessing a lot of folks aren't playing in NA due to low player count.  I go to EU now to play because I love this game.  I think the next patch will bring back a lot of players in NA so I'm excited that 0.7 release is close...

• Like 3

On AS servers, there were multiple full lobbies on the free weekend, and even for a bit after, but it all died down because everyone speaks different languages so it's impossible to coordinate moving to a different server when everyone gets bored of the map on rotation. There was also a big skill gap between experienced and non experienced players, as the noobs had no idea how to fight the heli.

Posted (edited)

(1). Constant crashes to desktop happen randomly (many people I play with have the same issue).

(2). Server will boot everyone out of round back to War Map at times.

(3). Endless loading screen after deploying into game from server browser (seems to be random - others I play with have same issue).

(4). Spawn bug - You re-spawned back to main or another objective regardless if you selected squad lead before hand.

(5). Player counts - NA servers are dead, no one to play against - EU ping times are high for NA crowd to play on EU.

(6). No master server for load outs & XP... Grinding for every server region is just plain stupid (everyone I play with feels the same).

(7). Map size and max player count in game - Many of us wish larger map versions return with 64 player servers.

(8). The dreaded "fucking" heli-drone - Now there's news of another one added in near future (Really? WTF!).

(9). Overall quality of the textures have gone down hill - Sure, it's for performance reasons - but many things look bad now.

(10). LOD has been reduced for distant meshes and textures for the potato crowd - People with higher end systems are stuck with the ugly because there's no way to turn up the LOD at those distances - It'll be argued that people with potato systems can't see things with higher detail at distance so it would be a disadvantage for higher end systems to have better LOD's... That said, the environment's, meshes, and textures at distance look like shit compared to other games in 2018-2019 (it just looks bad - first & last impressions).

(11). The lighting is bad in many ways (more specifically, the eye adaptation - or auto exposure). The speed in which the camera adjusts from well lit areas to a darker one is slow. The result is a very visible "pumping effect" when the camera transitions from light to dark areas (even looking at bright or dark walls can trigger this).

(12). Lastly - Content (not weapons and stuff, but maps). Many of us are just bored to death playing the same small 3-4 maps "day in /day out". New weapons and toys are great to play with - but - if there isn't a major push to add new maps, it's all for not (because it's become stale).

Edited by Meatsac
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was some little things.

TTK. I tried to adjust after the change they made but I just couldn't. I thought I need to get used to it after months of playing like that but still I'm not fond of it.

The amount of strikespam made it way less fun.

Of course helicopter drone. Every match with it was just no fun anymore. Its not about balance it was/is just not fun to fight against.

I miss the bigger maps with more players. Was looking forward for some really big maps but instead they went smaller. (hope wz large comes back -  a lot of unused awesome parts of the map are currently unused)

I can't play on smolensk because it's so blurrys and I don't like the imo asymetric/unbalanced gameplay of moscow and polyarny. So there is only warsaw and berlin left which are nice maps imo but after 500h+ just 2 maps gets stale very quickly.

So I'm currently just waiting and lurking in the forums and eagerly reading every patch notes until there is something which brings me back.

• Like 3

On 10/4/2019 at 4:03 AM, Meatsac said:

(1). Constant crashes to desktop happen randomly (many people I play with have the same issue).

(2). Server will boot everyone out of round back to War Map at times.

(3). Endless loading screen after deploying into game from server browser (seems to be random - others I play with have same issue).

(4). Spawn bug - You re-spawned back to main or another objective regardless if you selected squad lead before hand.

(5). Player counts - NA servers are dead, no one to play against - EU ping times are high for NA crowd to play on EU.

(6). No master server for load outs & XP... Grinding for every server region is just plain stupid (everyone I play with feels the same).

(7). Map size and max player count in game - Many of us wish larger map versions return with 64 player servers.

(8). The dreaded "fucking" heli-drone - Now there's news of another one added in near future (Really? WTF!).

(9). Overall quality of the textures have gone down hill - Sure, it's for performance reasons - but many things look bad now.

(10). LOD has been reduced for distant meshes and textures for the potato crowd - People with higher end systems are stuck with the ugly because there's no way to turn up the LOD at those distances - It'll be argued that people with potato systems can't see things with higher detail at distance so it would be a disadvantage for higher end systems to have better LOD's... That said, the environment's, meshes, and textures at distance look like shit compared to other games in 2018-2019 (it just looks bad - first & last impressions).

(11). The lighting is bad in many ways (more specifically, the eye adaptation - or auto exposure). The speed in which the camera adjusts from well lit areas to a darker one is slow. The result is a very visible "pumping effect" when the camera transitions from light to dark areas (even looking at bright or dark walls can trigger this).

(12). Lastly - Content (not weapons and stuff, but maps). Many of us are just bored to death playing the same small 3-4 maps "day in /day out". New weapons and toys are great to play with - but - if there isn't a major push to add new maps, it's all for not (because it's become stale).

The last time I "played" and uninstalled this game was ... December 21, 2018 ... Now, reading this post and checking on Steam's servers, I'm pretty sure this game is doomed....It could have been a good game.

*SIGH*

• Angry 1

40 minutes ago, IIJackoII said:

The last time I "played" and uninstalled this game was ... December 21, 2018 ... Now, reading this post and checking on Steam's servers, I'm pretty sure this game is doomed....It could have been a good game.

*SIGH*

It still could be a good game, give it more time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, weedtime said:

It still could be a good game, give it more time.

😏

There is no game without player base ... All servers in NA are empty ... I mean ALL of them.

• Angry 1

46 minutes ago, IIJackoII said:

😏

There is no game without player base ... All servers in NA are empty ... I mean ALL of them.

Wait for 1.0 for you judgement. It is a game in development. Many people think EA means a finished game but it means witnessing a game being built. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Fullback said:

Wait for 1.0 for you judgement. It is a game in development. Many people think EA means a finished game but it means witnessing a game being built. 

Do you think this is my first early access? well .... NO. I have backed a couple games on kickstarter (Hell Let Loose was the last one) and I can say that this (WW3) is one of the slowest in terms of development and updates. 

A year has passed, the map rotation is still to come in the next patch ... That's something BASIC in ANY FPS game, but here we have this "feature" ONE YEAR AFTER the launch ...... And don't get me wrong, I paid for this game and I want to play it.

One thing is PLAYING an Early Access with bugs, glitches, etc I can live with that because I know that the Earlys Access are meant for that .....But the thing IS that there is nobody playing this game, and this IS for the lack of updates. Not to mention the harsh launch with the servers.

That's the way I see all this.