Wikstone_

Why did you stop playing

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, IIJackoII said:

Do you think this is my first early access? well .... NO. I have backed a couple games on kickstarter (Hell Let Loose was the last one) and I can say that this (WW3) is one of the slowest in terms of development and updates. 

A year has passed, the map rotation is still to come in the next patch ... That's something BASIC in ANY FPS game, but here we have this "feature" ONE YEAR AFTER the launch ...... And don't get me wrong, I paid for this game and I want to play it.

One thing is PLAYING an Early Access with bugs, glitches, etc I can live with that because I know that the Earlys Access are meant for that .....But the thing IS that there is nobody playing this game, and this IS for the lack of updates. Not to mention the harsh launch with the servers.

That's the way I see all this.

In one big point I must agree a lot: the map rotation. 

To bring player back there must be another free weekend after the release of the 0.7 update, and when a server benchmark has been done. That means it's important to check if the servers can handle 60 players with different pings properly...

After that, a free weekend is a must.

About updates: people voted for slower updates. Has been several month ago. Proper and slow bugfixing instead of releasing on broken update after another in short terms... So, that they concentrate on bugfixing. And after testing and checking the PTEs, I must say they are doing a great job, even if people don't see it (because no content etc...). A lot of bugs and problems has been solved. And it is a big improvent now since the release of 0.6 live. Much much better. Well, not to say that the live 0.7 is what a EA title should be. And I don't want to say it, but several people are right. Has been to early for a release last year.... But now, with the 0.7, a good restart of the game is possible. And it's now good playable (because of the new added map rotation).

But for more, read all the news and announcments of F51 and you see what their major object is.

Edited by Terux

I love the game but NA servers are empty I used to be able to handle EU servers lag but it got worse a lot worse. Besides lack of players it would be I can’t find a gun i really like to use.

Posted (edited)

They kept adjusting stuff like TTK, recoil, gunplay for no reason. The core game was good at launch. Gun feel was great.

Horrible process to making changes to the game. .3 had a big hitreg issue that artificially increased the TTK. There was not a baseline to make a scientific decision for the changes they made going into .4. Seems like they adjust things just for the sake of it.

Kept making dumb little changes that no one or 99% of the player base did not ask for to solve non issues which just created issues.

Really wanted a non casual BF game since dice would not make it, WW3 at launch was less casual messy but had a good core gunplay.

They are pretty bad at knowing what to focus on. Vehicles should be a big part of the game, they are not bad but lack depth and the enjoyment they could have. But the core vic gameplay has been ignored while the fun gunplay was adjust over and over till it was a disaster.

Along with this they just did a 180 on what the games was about going into some random ass direction not explained before launch or what we expected from the videos and marketing from this supposed BF killer.

Fully agree with @Fullback strike spam was a Issue, I personally didnt deal with a lot of helis cus I GTFOd from the game around that time but they were cancer. I just come back to see if they reverted to the good WW3 which was pre .4

Also like to add that they still haven't fixed the biggest issue since .1 gut shots.

Edited by TZoningHard
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 часа назад, TZoningHard сказал:

Also like to add that they still haven't fixed the biggest issue since .1 gut shots.

Well, actually, gutshots are fixed even in live version. Was testing it with the guy that made the linked theme. He's a little mistaken with his drawings but nevertheless, Armor plate now ends ~5cm lower than waist belt. Now lethal are not the gutshots but almost literally "balls"shots.

I'll repeat: it is actual for both Live and PTE versions. 

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good read, we're basically in line with most issues you guys point out to us, so I think once 1.0 hits you'll be happy. I know some features and bugs have been in the game for a long time, but this has reasons: mostly queuing of the work. If we jump between tasks, this makes the whole process less efficient overall, so there are basically two ways we can go about updating the game:

1. Jump on anything that is the problem at this moment and waste a lot of time, possibly moving the 1.0 release date 6 months back, but having more people during the development. This sounds like a good idea on paper, but we have to take into account the fact, that more and more games will be coming out and someone could just make something similar to WW3 in the meantime. Other thing is that making games is *expensive*. In general, the word in the industry is, that on average you have to spend around $10k per developer per month. That's salary, hardware, software, licensing, building costs like electricity bills, air conditioning, rent etc. This is of course a lot lower for Poland, where we're located, so let's say that's 1/4th of that, $2,5k per month per developer.

We've got around 60 people working on WW3 right now, that's $150k per month, so moving release date by 6 months is around $900k. Those are of course massively skewed calculations and are in no way real (I don't have the data even if I could share it). This means that possible after launch support relies more heavily on the day one sales and makes the whole thing less stable, since costs are going up.

2. We're going according to plan and fixing stuff in bulk - so when we have animation problems like looking through walls and overall movement clunkiness, instead of patching and fixing it constantly, we know we're going to replace the whole thing in the future, so we're leaving it as is for now. This means the game is broken longer in some areas, but also gives us more time to polish it up and make sure the optimization at the end of the production won't suffer. It also means more money for advertising and possibly hiring more people to work on the game.

As you can see, it's not just the case of us 'not fixing old bugs', it's a very difficult balance to strike. I'm not saying we're doing it perfectly, by any means, but there are reasons for this.

Hope this clears some things up, @me if you have any questions :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1