Wikstone

Why did you stop playing

Changes after .3 mainly adjustments to the gunplay and the short TTK makes it a who see who first wins game.
Other gameplay like vehicles get boring after a while of playing because lack of challenge and depth. You work a little to understand the vehicle game play then you pretty much have nothing else to learn or improve upon.
The whole game suffers from low skill ceiling, which makes little content for those who are good at shooters.

Along with a already casual game getting more and more casual each patch adding free vehicle, the combat being more oriented to streak spam, and spawning on players.

• Like 2

I think the animation and movement update should follow up with a free weekend, where not just one map is free, but the whole whole game is unlocked. 

• Like 3

I started to suck at it, even individually. Team play is important but sometimes it's important to be able to do well yourself. I couldn't stay alive long enough.

I am getting on and off with the game.

18 minutes ago, Rivy said:

I started to suck at it, even individually.

maybe just got rusty due no practice? :)

30 minutes ago, Atway said:

maybe just got rusty due no practice? :)

I don't know but sometimes the longer I play the worse I get after a time I am really good. I think it may be also down to the fact that I'm feeling tired and stressed and generally uncomfortable.

5 minutes ago, Rivy said:

I don't know but sometimes the longer I play the worse I get after a time I am really good. I think it may be also down to the fact that I'm feeling tired and stressed and generally uncomfortable.

are you getting old? :c

Just now, Atway said:

are you getting old? :c

I'm 22 as I write this but my mind is in a dark place a lot of the time. That and my body clock's terrible, which has been this way long before this game came into being. There's also real life stuff that's bringing me concern but all I want to do to cope with it is simply try and play games or put off stuff to do.

7 minutes ago, Rivy said:

I'm 22 as I write this but my mind is in a dark place a lot of the time. That and my body clock's terrible, which has been this way long before this game came into being. There's also real life stuff that's bringing me concern but all I want to do to cope with it is simply try and play games or put off stuff to do.

well, wish you all the best, hope you will cope well with all you stuff :)

• Like 1

weedtime this game and f51 will never lose me as a fan i say it before multiple times and will continue to say it your team is the only one who are so brave and passionate to do such a game ( no one has been able to reach so far away in modern militery fps shoters ) .

• Like 2

Dont know if I posted here before.

And just for the record.

The gunplay requires very little effort which makes the game very boring after a short time to figure out the game.
Im not 100% sure but It looks like they added random sway to the game which is a cliche of realism shooters to lower the skill ceiling because the TTK is too fast to work well.
Something changed with the gun play just under a year ago which made the game suck.

Other small things are gutshots are broken, head glitching is a issue, vehicles get dull fast as in not really much fun after a while, Too much steaks happening, and I really don't like having players spawn on other players.

I like many people bought into the WW3 hype for a non casual catering Battle field game. WW3 is very casual, and being non casual doesnt mean having to sweaty try hard. You can have a game that requires some effort with out lowering the skill ceiling to make bad players able to kill other players.

33 минуты назад, KDP сказал:

Other small things are gutshots are broken

Again with this bull$hit.

3 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Again with this bull$hit.

Yeah as you've pointed out, gut shots have been fixed. To get the gut shot, you would have to aim for the balls, which is harder to do when most players are crouching. In my opinion the game is going in good direction. 

3 hours ago, KDP said:

The gunplay requires very little effort which makes the game very boring after a short time to figure out the game.
Im not 100% sure but It looks like they added random sway to the game which is a cliche of realism shooters to lower the skill ceiling because the TTK is too fast to work well.

I agree with this, people were complaining because the game had pretty low recoil before 0.4, but for me it was fun and much more realistic. What they could have done is added the new horizontal recoil, coupled with more vertical recoil, and removing the "sway" which is 100% there. When you are firing your weapon at any range, after 5 bullets your barrel will start jumping like it's on crack. I'd say half the community despised it,  while the other claimed it was good because it stopped fullauto at long range. What I have suggested is that a slightly higher TTK is brought back from 0.3, but the TTK remains the same on headshots, so if someone does try to cheese you fullauto at long range, simple burst 2-3 shots at his face, this would create a much higher skill ceiling. Players will then try their best to use special ammo like armor piercing or hollow point, or try their best to get headshots. In most of present ww3, headshots are rarely a thing, people are still spraying at the chest and maybe by chance getting a headshot. Limb damage should also be much lower, players shouldn't die from being sprayed into arms and legs. Some other things could also take effect, a certian amount of arm damage causing slower reload, or damage to the legs causing slower sprinting, which of course can be removed after healing. 

12 hours ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

They've been so quiet, at least give us an eta so we can hype up our friends and others... 

I feel you man. While writing my feedback post a couple of weeks ago I wanted to stress this too, but then I reconsidered. We should not forget that the team is working very hard for months and just took a well deserved break over the holidays. Before christmas their activity on the forum was significantly higher and I assume it went down because they are closer to finish something big and focus on that so that the communication falls short a bit. Over months the weekly reports where not really interesting or giving a lot of information but the last one and the christmas present I did like very much. So I got my faith back. :D

@KDP I start to grow fond of your story "this game takes no effort to be good at" because it makes me laugh every time I read it. You do notice that we have some kind of double accounting here? If a gameplay decision leads to a significant improvent of your KDR it means that somebody else's has become worse. It is just not possible that the changes in the TTK you dislike so loudly lead to everyone having a better KDR. So what would you tell those who are worse off?

If you are speaking about general performance it would most likely mean that the players focus on the objective (or BP earning actions) more, which is arguably a good thing.

I regularly look at the steamcharts and thats why I dont bother install the game again... When it reaches 500+ I would gladly try it out. But with 40-60 people its not worth my disk space.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:02 PM, KDP said:

Dont know if I posted here before.

And just for the record.

Something changed with the gun play just under a year ago which made the game suck.

Other small things are gutshots are broken, head glitching is a issue, vehicles get dull fast as in not really much fun after a while, Too much steaks happening, and I really don't like having players spawn on other players.

I like many people bought into the WW3 hype for a non casual catering Battle field game. WW3 is very casual, and being non casual doesnt mean having to sweaty try hard. You can have a game that requires some effort with out lowering the skill ceiling to make bad players able to kill other players.

I like that it's rather casual. I don't like the level of thinking and seriousness that's associated with Squad and Arma, and I don't want to feed the beasts in the gaming industry.

Sadly i think im done with this game, have been supporting this game since ea started. Lets see what future patches bring and may join then.