[fll.fi] Wikstone

Why did you stop playing

On 3/11/2020 at 12:43 AM, DoctorMcBatman said:

What are your PC specs and what in-game settings are you using?

I have a i5 (3rd gen) with 8GB of ram, 2 HHD drives and a GTX Zotac 1060 (6GB vram).  IIRC I have the in game settings in medium.  Did follow up on game settings suggestions some time ago with WW3 but really didn´t see any changes.  At one time I had 16GB of ram and WW3 ran alot better but one of the stick went bad on me, so now Iam back to 8.

Without doing much setting tweaks my mentioned FPS games still run well on the specs above mention which is what matters to me.  Iam not going to add better hardware just to play WW3. I have another higher tir PC, i7 (8th gen), 32GB ram, 2xSSD and a GTX 1070ti, but that PC is a flight sim dedicated PC were I don´t have/play FPS games.

Red

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RedOneAlpha said:

I have a i5 (3rd gen) with 8GB of ram, 2 HHD drives and a GTX Zotac 1060 (6GB vram).  IIRC I have the in game settings in medium.  Did follow up on game settings suggestions some time ago with WW3 but really didn´t see any changes.  At one time I had 16GB of ram and WW3 ran alot better but one of the stick went bad on me, so now Iam back to 8.

Without doing much setting tweaks my mentioned FPS games still run well on the specs above mention which is what matters to me.  Iam not going to add better hardware just to play WW3. I have another higher tir PC, i7 (8th gen), 32GB ram, 2xSSD and a GTX 1070ti, but that PC is a flight sim dedicated PC were I don´t have/play FPS games.

Red

Your hardware is just OK - and for an EA game that isn't fully optimized and with WW3's texture/shader/lighting/etc. quality, yeah it's not surprising you're having a tough time. Medium is probably too high for your setup.

Your GPU is about the only piece of gear that I would say is "good" for WW3. 12-16GB RAM would be a big help (as you've experienced) and a SSD too. But the weakest component by far is that i5 3XXX. That's a tough one to workaround, aside from getting a new PC.

I don't think it's fair to say the game runs poorly when this is your setup. And even more bizarre that you have a much better PC that your refuse to play anything but flight sims on...

I'm also surprised you say you get good performance with these specs in HLL and Squad. 

You say "I'm not going to add better hardware just to play WW3" - well pretty soon that PC is going to have a tough time running any photorealistic  new or recent game on Medium+ settings. I'm surprised you haven't encountered this with more games.

Edited by DoctorMcBatman

Sorry but I don´t say things for the heck of it. Iam over 50 and been at this for quite awhile, like 20 years now.  Iam not going to bash WW3 just for kick´s. so the truth is what I already stated, I play those games without issues, and alot of others too on this PC.  This is the only game that stuters to a point that it´s not worth playing, especially because it´s a FPS game.  Same goes for GR Wildlands, it just wont run.  That said, I can run 80% of the rest of games out there, so is it really just my PC?

I used to run all my flight sims in this same PC last year, and again, no major problem (DCS, Prepar3D, Steel Beast Pro PE, IL-2).  The key is to have a balanced PC when it comes to hardware, and this PC while old is balanced and well maintened. 

The same apply´s to game design, split work loads between GPU and CPU, and hopefully the load wont all be on one core BTW.

Gamers think that you need a high end PC to play todays games, which is totaly not true. I built my wife a i5 (6th gen) with 8GB and a Zotac GTX 1050ti and she can play Assasins Creed Odyssey, Tomb Raider Shadow, A plagues Tale, The Witcher 3 among other titles with no problems. Might not have her settings set up high, but that´s about it.  If games today were made to only run on next gen PC´s, then the industry would not be as high as it is now days either, think about that for awhile.

So who is suprised here is me with your statment.  While on the Unreal 4 engine, WW3 is not well optimized, at least for now.   Will it be, I don´t know but what I do know is if not, then it will miss the piece of cake that the mainstream gamers with low-mid range PC´s could offer (sales).

My choice not to use my i7 would not sound so bizzar to you if you knew what it takes to run a sim that loads the whole world, including a weather engine and a bunch of realistic flight models as add-ons and have it run smoothly. Also, the more games and BS you have installed in your PC, the worst it runs in most cases. But that´s not the point, I have it installed on this everyday i5 were I run my everyday games and surf the web.

As I said before, I like WW3, I just think it could be better optimized, not to mention how bad it was on release, and how frustrated some of us were because of that while not bashing the devs like some did.  Iam ok with EA, supporting and all that in general, but what it is, is what is, and that´s to demanding for what you get.

But back to the topic, not everybody has 2-3k to spend on a PC so they can play WW3, again, that limits your player base, weather some like it or not.

Red

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RedOneAlpha said:

Sorry but I don´t say things for the heck of it. Iam over 50 and been at this for quite awhile, like 20 years now.  Iam not going to bash WW3 just for kick´s. so the truth is what I already stated, I play those games without issues, and alot of others too on this PC.  This is the only game that stuters to a point that it´s not worth playing, especially because it´s a FPS game.  Same goes for GR Wildlands, it just wont run.  That said, I can run 80% of the rest of games out there, so is it really just my PC?

I used to run all my flight sims in this same PC last year, and again, no major problem (DCS, Prepar3D, Steel Beast Pro PE, IL-2).  The key is to have a balanced PC when it comes to hardware, and this PC while old is balanced and well maintened. 

The same apply´s to game design, split work loads between GPU and CPU, and hopefully the load wont all be on one core BTW.

Gamers think that you need a high end PC to play todays games, which is totaly not true. I built my wife a i5 (6th gen) with 8GB and a Zotac GTX 1050ti and she can play Assasins Creed Odyssey, Tomb Raider Shadow, A plagues Tale, The Witcher 3 among other titles with no problems. Might not have her settings set up high, but that´s about it.  If games today were made to only run on next gen PC´s, then the industry would not be as high as it is now days either, think about that for awhile.

So who is suprised here is me with your statment.  While on the Unreal 4 engine, WW3 is not well optimized, at least for now.   Will it be, I don´t know but what I do know is if not, then it will miss the piece of cake that the mainstream gamers with low-mid range PC´s could offer (sales).

My choice not to use my i7 would not sound so bizzar to you if you knew what it takes to run a sim that loads the whole world, including a weather engine and a bunch of realistic flight models as add-ons and have it run smoothly. Also, the more games and BS you have installed in your PC, the worst it runs in most cases. But that´s not the point, I have it installed on this everyday i5 were I run my everyday games and surf the web.

As I said before, I like WW3, I just think it could be better optimized, not to mention how bad it was on release, and how frustrated some of us were because of that while not bashing the devs like some did.  Iam ok with EA, supporting and all that in general, but what it is, is what is, and that´s to demanding for what you get.

But back to the topic, not everybody has 2-3k to spend on a PC so they can play WW3, again, that limits your player base, weather some like it or not.

Red

$1200 (mobo price isn't listed for some reason, but it's $170) and this will reliably play most games at solid settings for the next 3-4 years. It's actually very close to your flight sim PC. And PCPartPicker doesn't always have the best price listed, I always recommend Googling each individual component - in which case you usually find another $50 - $200 worth of savings.

If you keep your 1060 GB, you save $300, bringing this down to $900. You do not need to spend $2-3K on a PC to get solid performance on newer photorealistic games. $2-3K is for Very High/Maxed settings at 1440p60, ultrawide, dual display, or 4K30.

As new console gen games get released for PC, you're going to have a tough time with your non-flight sim PC.

I'm still not sure why you won't play all games on your better PC (as most of the non-sim games you play would benefit from the FPS increase, whereas the sim games wouldn't be that affected by an FPS hit on your i5 PC), but that's your loss and I'm not going to try to convince you further. This is also a bit too relative since I don't know what settings you use on the games you claim run well, what you consider good performance, or what you (or your wife) are running for resolution.

With WW3, it sounds like it would run fine on your PC (at Medium) if you just had more RAM? You said it worked well when you had 16GB. So, that's a pretty easy fix... $40 for an 8GB stick and it will improve performance in every other game you play in addition to making WW3 playable. I bet you spend more at the grocery store or on coffees per week.

I'm sure WW3 could be better optimized currently, and I'm sure it will be in the future. But regardless of how you're able to get other games to run well, your CPU and RAM are on the lower-end and are holding you back, and I don't think it's that unreasonable given the entirety of your specs.

Edited by DoctorMcBatman

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, RedOneAlpha said:

Red

Dude i would prefer to use the better System for FPS and the lower for Simulators.As to me the more FPS the better 😋

I do so i use this settings atm

╠ CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @5 GHz | Cooling Corsair H115i Pro
╠ Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING Z390
╠ Hard Drive: Samsung 970 Evo M.2 SSD 500GB + 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO
╠ RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 Ripjaws
╠ GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! saving money for 2080TI
╠ Screen: Acer Predator XB272 1920x1080@240Hz +G-Sync
╠ Headset: Beyerdynamic 300MMX
╠ Keyboard: Tte Sport Challenger Edge
╠ Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Core @400-450DPI

But also with this system the Performance of the game is incredibel bad.

I use my old AMD FX8350 @4,7Ghz 32GB with GTX 980 Ti (spend by a friend) for Simulators. As im tired of flying Sims @ the moment i use it mostly for Racing Sims RaceRoom,ProjectCars,Dirt Rally,Assetto and others Bussimulator 🤪 just kidding.

BACK TO TOPIC: What makes me quit playing this is

1. This is a Tactical FPS Shooter? NOT any MORE it feels like a Battleroyal or Campers Shooting range.

2. Competetiv,Fairplay and Balance? Its NOT competetiv,Fair or balanced as you have no chance now with the server merge and the 300+ ms latency players.Strange that they always own even with 150 Ping and high latency 300+, I just take a look at some of these Chinese playersand every player i looked at has a VACban

"WHY Close to ALL Chinese  HAVE VAC banns?

I made a list with 10 players all VACbanned in under 3 Minutes.Cheating is cool in China you can go to I-netcafe and rent computer with Cheats allready installed.It just sucks every time you are allready behind cover and get killed. When i read in server merge patch notes "it is better to play with a high ping than do not play" I was thinking "Wow good answere!" for 1993 with 56k wood modem.We have 2020 the right answere should be "If your connection is to bad than we recommend NOT TO PLAY THIS or choose a server in your Region!!!!"  Yeah and the balance ridiculous... Mainbase Defending enemies in Moscow,Warsaw.

2. This wants to be a Teamplay or Squadplay based Game? No as my experience is in 1300h in 1 out of 10 games you get a Squad or a Team that does well.Like playing an ATTacker class and follow Squadleader and help. I guess i can count on 2 hands how often somone gave me meds or help repair a Tank in 1300h. Teamplay pfff Squadplay Pfff

I had hundreds of games where all of my Squad played ATT = Attacker this means to push for an objectiv! But my full Squad trys to Defend our Mainbase with G29 and Win by Tickets????WTF??? When you ask them to stop f****** Camping and help you get answeres like "I am a Sniper".   

Scoreboard looks like thisimage.thumb.jpeg.b66b05693ddf57d82a9cb17cee2b1a02.jpeg

this Cool we have 28 players and our Team has 10 Snipers (SNIPER LIMIT FOR F******SAKE MAX 2 SNIPERS).  Nobody Spawns on me when i was trying to capture B2 alone. At 0:3000 points i hit Alt+F4. There should be a timer that when u play ATT and you do not reach the obj within 2:30 you get kicked from the server as "COMMAND REFUSAL" 🤣

3. Game Performance and aim of Developers?! As i am an old Americas Army and Battlefield Mods veteran i compare this to games like Project reality or Arma. To me when i first played this i was addicted! It was exactly what i was looking for.

World War ³  is Not another stupid and sucked out WW1 or WW2 shooter or another go and Kill Arabian Terrorist shooter.This is amazing fun!!!

But then first came the engine Patch half of my friends quit playing this as the game gets worse and worse. By Numbers i had 32 friends playing this the only people who still play this are KK800Piepen and Laoge and friends raping ONLY EU servers.

Fazit: I now go on servers and play Warzone like TDM. Play like all the others Dont help!Dont follow orders! Dont Capture! just play this like Call of Duty Run n´Gun around shooting people.

Edited by Enigma
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I had hundreds of games where all of my Squad played ATT = Attacker this means to push for an objectiv! But my full Squad trys to Defend our Mainbase with G29 and Win by Tickets????WTF??? When you ask them to stop f****** Camping and help you get answeres like "I am a Sniper".   

as I said before..

everyone plays solo. They came to play how they want but not how the game meant to be played. Everyone plays their own "single-multiplayer" game, just with nonpredictable "bots" (which are actually other players, who ofc in their turn play their own "single-multiplayer" game)

So dont even try to teach them. Dont ask them to play how it is intended. Just relax, you can do nothing. And this is not WW3 only, but 99% of games. Thats just people

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Enigma said:

There should be a timer that when u play ATT and you do not reach the obj within 2:30 you get kicked from the server as "COMMAND REFUSAL"

The good idea to solve that is to rework scoreboard and get rid of KD from there, but add "CP captured / CP defended". And give more BPs but only for objectives

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atway said:

as I said before..

So dont even try to teach them. Dont ask them to play how it is intended. Just relax, you can do nothing. And this is not WW3 only, but 99% of games. Thats just people

Yeah Dude your so right on that 🥴

I miss you as well in WW³ Atway🤪 nobody plays Warzone with me and Piepen does not like WarZone 😝

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Atway said:

The good idea to solve that is to rework scoreboard and get rid of KD from there, but add "CP captured / CP defended". And give more BPs but only for objectives

I think its NOT the Scoreboard...its the people who play this.

To me it feels like they play 100 of hours without any learning effect!!! Some guys uploading vidoes of how they camp and still suck on the game. It hurts to watch these videos 🤣

Then they call me Cheater fagot, Homo, what they do with my Sister and Mom ...omg try hard and what ever,

Maybe add a Baby Server like in BF where u only can join with ultra low skill or rank 😋

Edited by Enigma
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@DoctorMcBatman

I don´t know were you get you´re prices, but here in EU they are NOT the same. First, you need the same RAM, and if your set up is 2x4, that means you need another 2x4 stick set to get to 16GB of the same exact brand/type/speed/CL of RAM. Then you have to find it, and pay for it if you were lucky to find it, and I mean NEW sticks.  My case some months ago, and paid €100 for a pair of 4GB of G-Skills Snipers.  It´s NOT my first built BTW.  One stick went bad for some odd reason which had me going crazy trying to figure out what was going on with my PC, and yes I did check to remove my RAM stick to see if that was the cause at first.

Bottom line....

- Unless this i5 blows up, I wont use my other rig for run of the mill games (sorry FPS lovers).

- If I can play all the mentioned games and have as much fun or more, why should I bother with WW3.

- Dealt with fanbois many times, so don´t bother cuz I wont continue this pin-pong. A question was asked (Why you don´t play WW3 anymore) and I gave my opinion, of which I think I extended long enough.  I don´t need strangers questioning me about if it´s true or not.  Meet me on some HLL,  Squad, Insurgency SS server to find out... BTW they ALL use the same engine!

Red...out

Edited by RedOneAlpha
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I miss you as well in WW³ Atway🤪 nobody plays Warzone with me and Piepen does not like WarZone 😝

just waiting for 0.9 :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, RedOneAlpha said:

@DoctorMcBatman

I don´t know were you get you´re prices, but here in EU they are NOT the same. First, you need the same RAM, and if your set up is 2x4, that means you need another 2x4 stick set to get to 16GB of the same exact brand/type/speed/CL of RAM. Then you have to find it, and pay for it if you were lucky to find it, and I mean NEW sticks.  My case some months ago, and paid €100 for a pair of 4GB of G-Skills Snipers.  It´s NOT my first built BTW.  One stick went bad for some odd reason which had me going crazy trying to figure out what was going on with my PC, and yes I did check to remove my RAM stick to see if that was the cause at first.

Bottom line....

- Unless this i5 blows up, I wont use my other rig for run of the mill games (sorry FPS lovers).

- If I can play all the mentioned games and have as much fun or more, why should I bother with WW3.

- Dealt with fanbois many times, so don´t bother cuz I wont continue this pin-pong. A question was asked (Why you don´t play WW3 anymore) and I gave my opinion, of which I think I extended long enough.  I don´t need strangers questioning me about if it´s true or not.  Meet me on some HLL,  Squad, Insurgency SS server to find out... BTW they ALL use the same engine!

Red...out

LOL I am from Germany 🙈 I built all my systems always by my self for 3 decades now (damn im old 😂).You can set RAM timing manual @ bios so they do not need to be absolut similar. But your right getting OLD RAM Modules is expensiv as f*** thats why i have a drawer with old RAM Modules here. 😜 You never know if somone maybe needs them.

Yeah i know it is all unreal engine...i try Insurgency and Ins SS but tired of killing Arabian Terrorists and Squad is not my Game.

Edited by Enigma

14 minutes ago, Atway said:

just waiting for 0.9 :)

Yeah i hope the performance will increase and all my freinds comes back to play again...

Posted (edited)
5 часов назад, Atway сказал:

Inb4, next iteration of "why did u stop playing? - Devs removed K/D from scoreboard".😁

For those, who don't know, Ragir'd said that they are going to do this ↑.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@Enigma

Ahh, so you have a piggy bank full of RAM? 😁 Yeah, I know you can set the timing in the BIOS, but the usuall and safe way is to match your other sticks.   When this PC dies, then and only then I will think of adding another SSD for my "other" games on my other rig.  I do have The Division 2 and Star Citizen on my better rig, but only because those games to me are worth it play wise. To add another shooter, Iam just fine how it is.

So you get an Idea, I have been playing shooters since the first Rainbow 6, and Ghost Recon back in 1998.

HLL is real cool, I think it´s the only game that really captures what others intend to do, teamwork.  Even if others in your squad don´t play as a team, you still feel like a unit with the rest of the team.  Maybe you should give that a try.  Most people do play it right, but as always there can be your tipical a-hole that I just ignore or switch squad.

Edited by RedOneAlpha

8 hours ago, RedOneAlpha said:

@DoctorMcBatman

Bottom line....

Red...out

If you switch the country to Germany, the Euro prices for these components are very close to the USD price. This build is still around €1,200, which is $1,350 USD. A bit more expensive than I suggested initially, but not too much. But do you know what does cost $2-3K unnecessarily? Buying two separate PCs to game on at the same time. 

And as long as you match the RAM specs, brand name doesn't matter. Even if you went out a bought 2x8GB matching new sticks, you still wouldn't be spending that much money. Plenty of DDR3 16GB packages on Newegg for well under $100. Not sure how you ended up spending €100 on 2x4... everything I'm seeing for DDR3 2x4GB is under $60. If you really wanted to correct your performance issue, you could pretty easily do it. And it seems silly to complain about price when you buy two separate PCs to run at the same time. 😛

If the socket on your MoBo is the issue, that's another story, but presently it seems worth it to try putting in more RAM.

FYI I'm still on DDR3 as well. And definitely not a WW3 "fanboi."  I don't have it installed at the moment, and haven't for some time. On the topic of this thread: I think the decision to add TDM was awful (really awful), and I've been a bit disappointed that content has slowed down over the last 6 months or so (compared to the first part of EA). I didn't like the decision to close/remove all 40-64 player servers, as I think WW3 is at its best on the bigger maps with lots of players. Like I said in my other post, the game deserves critique. But blaming it for performance issues with your specs (and considering you have a PC that could easily run it well), is silly.

To be fair to you though, your specs do meet the Minimum quoted on WW3's Steam page.  I personally think they're far too low given the game's visuals and current optimization state, but TF51 say you should be able to play, so you do have some credibility in complaining.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, RedOneAlpha said:

@Enigma

Ahh, so you have a piggy bank full of RAM? 😁

So you get an Idea, I have been playing shooters since the first Rainbow 6, and Ghost Recon back in 1998.

HLL is real cool, I think it´s the only game that really captures what others intend to do, teamwork.  Even if others in your squad don´t play as a team, you still feel like a unit with the rest of the team.  Maybe you should give that a try.  Most people do play it right, but as always there can be your tipical a-hole that I just ignore or switch squad.

Yeah i realy have Dude the bad thing is! On some are extended coolers so i can not read what it is any more XD. I am a Computer messie can not throw things away 🤪

I also have old stuff like C64 Floppydisk here 1541 II 3,5" Disk if you know what this is. Or if you are looking for RAMBO 3 Game for C64 on 3,5" Disk I have it 😋

I start playing shooters on Intel 4/86 DX2 i guess this was a monster machine with 33 MHz FSP 🙈 Wing Commander ALL NITE

OH i was thinking of buying HLL and watched a lot of videos ...and i though "Damn the Teamwork looks amazing F*** the hole gmae looks AMAZING"

But im so tired of the WW² theme 🥴

So to me im done and healed from WW³ virus just play it to troll campers...I Go back to Racing Sims and ARMA

Edited by Enigma

22 hours ago, RedOneAlpha said:

@Enigma

👍 for HLL.

• Like 1

@Enigma

Yes, the 486, I use to play "Gunnship" (helo) on that, that´s what got my into PC´s in the first place, and the Commodor 64 and Cubase for recording guitars. IIRC, Gunship ran on Windows 3.11. Man that´s many years ago 😁

@DoctorMcBatman

There´s nothing silly about having 2 PC´s, one for gaming and another for more serious things.  Not because you think in a way means it´s how others think.  Let me say this, these are examples of isolated higher end PC´s...

Graphical design studios (big projects, alot of calculations), Musical work stations DAW´s (same deal), 3D artist (same deal, redering), Engineering stress test (same deal), flight simmulators (same deal),  just to name a few. Aside from this, there´s also people who don´t want to be connected permanetly to the web, due to security reasons and/or personall information.  There´s plenty of peolpe with this configuration.  Again, the more BS you have installed in a PC, the less reliable it is.

As for RAM goes, tell me why motherboard brands recomend (tested) certain RAM brands? Why don´t they just say, use with ANY 1600Mhz DDR-3 module?  Also, I don´t care what price you find in the US, I live in EU and the price I paid is that, so stop questioning what is true, or what I can do or not do.

Ask this guy if he has ANY shooter installed in his PC!

• Like 1

There´s nothing silly about having 2 PC´s, one for gaming and another for more serious things.  Not because you think in a way means it´s how others think.  Let me say this, these are examples of isolated higher end PC´s...

Agreed. Having dedicated workstations is very common, definitely. But you have two PCs for gaming (simulators are games). And it is silly to complain about spending $100 when you have $3K worth of PCs after saying "not everyone has $2-3K to spend on a PC."

And with SSDs, the "more stuff installed bogs down your PC" argument is not really relevant anymore.

Mixing RAM generally works, so long as you match all specs (some even say it's OK to mismatch clock speed, but I wouldn't do that). Your MoBo recommends matching because that removes the potential problem of the consumer screwing up the match (which could put customer support pressure on the MoBo manufacturer). But if you're not comfortable doing that, it really isn't that expensive to buy a new set of 2x8 (sell your current 8GB stick on eBay and you get $20-30 back!).

Here you go, Amazon Germany, all 2x8GB are under 100 Euro. The USD vs. Euro prices really are not so different. 

Is your setup this comprehensive? It looks like this guy's setup is physically only set up to do flight sims. Yeah, in this case not wanting to physically move the entire cockpit every time you want to play an FPS is a valid reason. I assumed you just have a regular tower and plug in a joystick and pedals. Do most flight sim players have a setup like this guy's? I'll admit, it's not an area I'm too familiar with.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:06 AM, RedOneAlpha said:

I do have The Division 2 and Star Citizen on my better rig, but only because those games to me are worth it play wise. To add another shooter, Iam just fine how it is.

Wait... so you do have non-sims on your sim-only PC. So this is just a case of selective preference. And that's fine if you don't want to play WW3 that badly.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, RedOneAlpha said:

@Enigma

Yes, the 486, I use to play "Gunnship" (helo) on that, that´s what got my into PC´s in the first place, and the Commodor 64 and Cubase for recording guitars. IIRC, Gunship ran on Windows 3.11. Man that´s many years ago 😁

@DoctorMcBatman

Holy Shit YEEEEEAH GUNSHIP how can i forget that.... but there was another flight sim i forget the name...I just remeber you can fly above Alcatraz and through Golden gate Bridge.

Damn soxxx long ago 😆

By the way nice Cockpit private custom built or rental? Oh nevermind NOT FOR SELL XD Training ...dude that looks similar to the one i was flying with!!!

I have a video of me and a friend Flying Simulator here in Dortmund @PilotTrainingcenter. It was a special gift from our wifes and a good friend from the Training Center.

MY wife recorded the Landing with Cellphone. I tried 1st land on PKX Peking-Daxin but failed of weather conditions and to strong winds. Then take route to HK Airport Kai Tak and land it there 🤪. Was a great experience

Edited by Enigma

@DoctorMcBatman

- Iam not saying I don´t have a +2k PC rig, which took me four years before I could spare the money to buy it!  Iam saying NOT everybody can do that.

- You said it, mixing ram GENERALLY works, I personally don´t like to risk money especially on something that is bound to be obsolite sooner then later.  When I bought more ram, I only had one PC, but knew it´s not going to hold up to much longer.  Spending €100 on more ram was quite a decision, because I could basically build a new PC with €300, that´s if I had another €200 to spare at the time.  Which brings to the next decision, if I did build a new €300 PC, my simulators would not run smoothly either, so the benefit was not in cue with what I wanted to do.  Putting in ram was just a band-aid that cost me €100.

Here´s the exact store and ram, but cost was €100 8 months ago...

G-Skill Sniper 1866MHz DDR-3 DCL-9

Do you really think Iam going to spend another €60 just to play WW3?  Just for the record, I don´t buy from eBay or used.

Flight simulators may, or may not be considered games.  Most civil flight simulators are used for training, and or to practise procedures, or to practise ATC protocols (see PilotEdge), because real flight hours cost money!  Not everybody has a full blown homemade cockpit like the video I posted, but what alot of serious flight simmers have in common is a dedicated flight PC. That could be with 1, 2 or 3 monitors, added modules or what ever configuration they can afford, all the way up to a full blown B737 cockpit.  I doubt anybody who spends thousands of $ on a home built cockpit like that will think his simulator is a simple game...

There´s a reason why flight simmers go through all that trouble, the least thing they need is there PC to crap out on them.  World photorealistic scenery, real world elevation data, real-time true weather engine, now add a fully modled working B747, air traffic and possible real-time ATC controller.  All in real-time, ALL the world and no loading screen trasitions.

Happy now?

@Enigma

Kai Tak (HGK) that´s a tricky landing, especially if you never landed there before.

DCS in VR and a bit more 😉

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RedOneAlpha said:

@DoctorMcBatman

@Enigma

Kai Tak (HGK) that´s a tricky landing, especially if you never landed there before.

DCS in VR and a bit more 😉

I was not flying alone had my buddy with me as Co-Pilot otherwise it would be to expensiv also i would have failed.After that i know what kind of Pilot you have to be in real to land a plane like 737 without ILS ALL ALONE.*RESPEKT*  First approch we had so much wind that i could not get the plane down. It was realy hardcore landing with sidewind and heavy rain. The Pilot Trainer was amazed that we did it 😁 He ask us:"And you guys just fly at your Home Simulators?? "I was done after that

Yeah i saw that Video and show it to my wife... but can you believe my wife sad F*** NO 🙈 .

My Racing RIG is in the Basement because its to loud.🤪

At the moment im thinking of buying DD Steering wheel ... but first i want VR!! Because i went to a VR ARENA full 3D NO cable FPS shooter that was so amazing. You could also drive full motion there with VR. Dude i get so sick the first 2 round on Nordschleife 😆 But for VR I need better Graficcard thats all so expensiv...im srewed 🤣

Edited by Enigma