tynblpb

Devs, why did u kill HeliDrone?

Posted (edited)

Well, whiners, r u happy now? Hated by all of u HeliDrone is finally nerfed and is pretty much useless now, if we talk about 0.7.10 patch realities. It's now a lulz strike. U can use it when u don't know how to spend ur BPs. 

Previously HeliDrone was lulzstrike when it was equipped with machineguns. Now it's with whatever turret u would choose. Why? - u would say. Okay, look here.

First, let me remind u that the bug with jumping crosshair when u press A-D buttons when flying is still there. 

BUT! If with previous HUD even with jumping crosshair still would show u where ur rockets and bullets would fly, now, with new STATIC aerial vehicle's HUD u can only GUESS where ur rockets/bullets would hit.

And? - would say u, - jumping crosshair didn't stop heliwhores from raping the map.

And here comes the second fact. Look at pic below. Do u see anything strange?

rocketradius.jpg.e399e77c07615c1a31327761b799744f.jpg

No? Compare then with pic for 0.6 patch.

rockets06.jpg.32203caebd61fa3c5f03298a53deff31.jpg

And now? When I've seen it for the first time, I didn't believe it. So I decided to test. Now the heaviest and mightiest Zuni HE rockets have 1.5 meters SPLASH instead of 5m!!! Just to make it clear - 30mm HE shells have 3.5m explosion radius. Add to this that fact that Zuni rockets have big trajectory drop, combine it with jumping crosshair and u'll understand that now u can kill ppl with rockets only if...  u can't kill players with Zuni rockets anymore. I've spent ~20 Zuni HE rockets while trying to kill 1(!) guy behind the sea container on Moscow. Duel ended with my HeliDrone being destroyed by this guy's RPG grenade hit.

And u know what is the most funny thing? U need only 7500(4000+3500)BPs to call in useless HeliDrone with rocket pods. Yes. Now rocket pods cost 3500BPs.

Are u happy now, whiners?

Seriously, devs. What is this? There are 2 ways to nerf(balance) HeliDrone. Or u increasing the cost of rocket pods, but rockets remain scary and powerful. Or u decrease their explosion radius, but  the cost remains untouched.

I hope it's some kind of bug/mistake because otherwise u literally have destroyed HeliDrone. Strike for lulz, not for impact.

P.S. Just so there would be no misunderstanding. I'm HeliHater No.1 here. I hate helis in BFlike games since year 2005 and not gonna stop doing this ever. And in game I would try to destroy HeliDrone next moment I see it. But this is no good.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They should have just nerfed the damage and firerate of the rockets instead but noooo that would make too much sense. Now heli drone is basically a flying papper plane that can be destroyed in 30 bullets if u hit the big plate on it's belly. The machine guns are also completly useless now. No idea who thought this was good idea 

That's what I'm talking about. Now rockets are good only vs vehicles.

uselesszunihe.gif.c634f6ef19b882628e1a02aedd0119a2.gif

2 hours ago, tynblpb said:

That's what I'm talking about. Now rockets are good only vs vehicles.

uselesszunihe.gif.c634f6ef19b882628e1a02aedd0119a2.gif

Oh wow that’s horrible. Really hope they change this 

Dear devs, don't listen to cry babies who criticize an aspect of the game in order to compensate for their laziness, I know this huge nerf was done to literally troll and show them what happens when they get what they wish for. In honesty, I really want the Heli drone to come back as a solid threat on the battlefield, it should take a decent amount of effort to kill it, not one magazine with an assault rifle. I'd say a decent estimate would be 200-350 bullets to destroy it, or 1 tandem and 2 regular rpgs. 

• Like 1

Heli drone will be balanced back up, this was purely done so we're not nerfing it down, but boosting up - so it doesn't distrupt the whole game while we're doing it. It's not going to stay this way for sure, but it will also not be the best strike in the game.

If it was my decision, I'd just make it as good as it was before and give it a 10k BP cost with 15 minutes cooldown and that would be it - they'd be rare, but also very powerful.

• Like 1

1 час назад, Ragir сказал:

Heli drone will be balanced back up, this was purely done so we're not nerfing it down, but boosting up - so it doesn't distrupt the whole game while we're doing it. It's not going to stay this way for sure, but it will also not be the best strike in the game.

If it was my decision, I'd just make it as good as it was before and give it a 10k BP cost with 15 minutes cooldown and that would be it - they'd be rare, but also very powerful.

Good to know that u don`t work on balance 😃

I think at this moment 0.7.1 heli with machine guns balanced perfected, Bug with jumping crosshair anoying, of course, it interferes and it needs to be fixed. But if u can fly on heli even this bug  not a problem.

P.S. i hope i shouldn`t record video to show, that me still flying and killing well. =D

Leo tank with it's SPAAG vs. Heli Drone right now = "Oh look, a harmless bug in the air. I'm going to eat it."