weedtime

Feedback on update 0.7

Performance is even worst than before ? I run a 6700k + 1070 with 3200mhz ram and I can't even run the game in medium without having drops below 60 when there's a firefight (1440p). It sucks having a decent PC yet I'm only able to play on very low to stay competitive which is ridiculous. I can run TW3 on ultra with 1-2 graphic option tuned down but on WW3 I'm so far away...

I'd prefer you guys spend 1-2 month making the game run smoothly rather than add new content. Considering the engine and the graphics of the game, it should at least run @1080p 100+fps on a 1060 + i5 and 1440p 100+ fps on a 1070 + i7

Edited by JiggyJinjo
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 10:08 PM, Matt_dOvale said:

I'd just go into task mgr and kill the program manually. No need to reinstall every time this happens

Well I couldn't find it in the task manager anymore - that's the weird part 😜

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, --=REAPER=-- said:

Well I couldn't find it in the task manager anymore - that's the weird part 😜

Yeah one time it was hiding somewhere in system processes instead of running apps, so I know it can be frustrating at times

• Like 1

Considerable amount of players say that their performance dropped with introduction of 0.7 patch. To my regret I'm among them. On other hand there are ppl who say that their performance increased. 

Devs, why don't u make a poll with question like:

My CPU is AMD my performance: A - dropped; B - increased.

My CPU is Intel; My GPU is AMD; My GPU is NVidia.

Will be there any correlation.

As for me, I'm simply waiting because on old maps there is nothing serious with performance(90-100 on empty map in 0.6, 75-80 in 0.7) and my main problem is with this:

I'm trying to abstain from playing on new maps or I'm forced to play Effects, Shadows, PostProccessing Low. I think soldier models are too heavy for my PC. Sometimes when there is 1 soldier in front of me in empty room my FPS drop from 70-75 to 35. Or sometimes when there is decent amount of players near me, FPS start to drop even if I don't see them. And even more - I was ADS in the empty room and all my FOW was wall and my FPS were 20. I don't know how it is working but it is.😂 So, or the Effects and Shadows are Low and my FPS on new maps are somewhat decent or hello 20fps when zooming.

And I wouldn't stop repeating this:

HeliDrone is OVERNERFED. Today I destroyed it with coaxial 12.7mm MG on my tank. 

6 bullets. 6, Carl!

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

Agreed they nerfed the heli to basically a flying papper plane. Why would i pay 7500 BP for a heli with rockets that can't even kill infantry and dies in 6 seconds when being shot at? I don't know who the balancing guy is but he or they did a very poor job with these changes

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Devs, why don't u make a poll with question like:

I think they need more than some flimsy poll, they need a whole survey with ~10-15 questions.

4 hours ago, tynblpb said:

HeliDrone is OVERNERFED. Today I destroyed it with coaxial 12.7mm MG on my tank. 

Do keep in mind it's a DRONE: a devise for free kills without being in danger yourself. This one even has unlimited range so IMO it's better now. 
The player using the drone also should've payed more attention and not called in a drone while a tank was active on the battlefield, unless he was gonna try to counter it ofc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Salt Lord said:

Agreed they nerfed the heli to basically a flying papper plane. Why would i pay 7500 BP for a heli with rockets that can't even kill infantry and dies in 6 seconds when being shot at? I don't know who the balancing guy is but he or they did a very poor job with these changes

Health is very good now imo. You can still tank a lot of shots but cant just fly into 6 people anymore expecting to kill everyone and just move on. 

Have you tried the 50cal on the chopper? 4500 bp cost and you can one or two shot people and just wreck them. But you have to aim and hit them to do so (I know crazy isn't it??).

I agree the rocket pods are useless right now but the chopper with other weapons fells in a good state right now.

(so you can see that you can kill people very easily without the risk of dying)

55 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Health is very good now imo. You can still tank a lot of shots but cant just fly into 6 people anymore expecting to kill everyone and just move on. 

Have you tried the 50cal on the chopper? 4500 bp cost and you can one or two shot people and just wreck them. But you have to aim and hit them to do so (I know crazy isn't it??).

I agree the rocket pods are useless right now but the chopper with other weapons fells in a good state right now.

(so you can see that you can kill people very easily without the risk of dying)

Well actually they gave it a really easy to hit weakpoint on it's belly which if hit, u can destroy it in around 30 lmg shots. Also i was refering to the rocket balance being poor. The machine guns are fine 

7 minutes ago, Salt Lord said:

Well actually they gave it a really easy to hit weakpoint on it's belly which if hit, u can destroy it in around 30 lmg shots. Also i was refering to the rocket balance being poor. The machine guns are fine 

which you can only really hit if you are below or behind the chopper. If he is facing you you can't hit the weak point. So its a matter of pilot skill and awareness and not just mindless flying into the battle. I thinks its very good. 

The rocket pods are useless but I prefer that over what we had.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fullback said:

which you can only really hit if you are below or behind the chopper. If he is facing you you can't hit the weak point. So its a matter of pilot skill and awareness and not just mindless flying into the battle. I thinks its very good. 

The rocket pods are useless but I prefer that over what we had.

That would be true if that was the only weakpoint the heli had. The front and the sides of the heli are also weakpoints and the rotor aswell. A i don't mind the rockets not being as useful as the machine guns against infantry but it could have been done a lot better without making them useless 

So I've fiddled around with a lot of settings, wiped the configs, reinstalled the game, but performance (with fucking ugly and painful visual noise on top) is still kinda halfed, compared to early 0.7 PTE.

In PTE I had almost no problem running 100-120 fps on ultra on a i7 7700k 1080 GTX 32 gigs rig - now it's like 50-70 fps on shitty settings.

Hit detection also was a lot more consistent.

To me, it just seems like the netcode is back on 2 ways sync mode for whatever reason...

• Like 1

I noticed there's a new option in keybinding - lean toggle - which I think is very good but it needs a fast way to release the toggle!

I suggest to implement the possibility for us to choose what key can cancel the toggle but I think the space bar (jump key) is a very good option to cancel the toggle because when the character is leaning it cant jump, so in the first space bar press the lean toggle is canceled and if the player press it again the character jumps.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nyquist said:

I noticed there's a new option in keybinding - lean toggle - which I think is very good but it needs a fast way to release the toggle!

I suggest to implement the possibility for us to choose what key can cancel the toggle but I think the space bar (jump key) is a very good option to cancel the toggle because when the character is leaning it cant jump, so in the first space bar press the lean toggle is canceled and if the player press it again the character jumps.

hey Nyquist, - lean Hold- i think it is way better and faster when you get used to it.. if you are struggling with leaning while moving, try to set leaning key bind with X & C or C & V ( where ever your Thumb finger rest or feel natural) - i recommend this because you can move freely with 3 finger and lean at the same time with thumb and you will start moving like olympic gymnast after getting used to it or you can bind them with mouse 2 extra buttons.

my own bindings are C & V for leaning and Space for crouch so i can lean and crouch the same time with one finger freely.

i hope you find this useful.

Also huge performance drop for me :(

0.6 was OKish, but 0.7 is terrible,

everything on LOW and still getting 35-45 fps :(

ultrawide: 3440x1440

AMD Ryzen 2600X, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM

3 hours ago, MilesTeg said:

everything on LOW and still getting 35-45 fps :(

ultrawide: 3440x1440

AMD Ryzen 2600X, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM

Ok so first off you're on ultrawide, which will drops frames for every game.

Secondly, have you checked if GPU buffering is enabled. The default setting on High Performance is off because low end PCs with low end CPU tend to have a hard time keeping up. So only enable this with a decent CPU. The game also seems to give more problems with AMD CPUs than with Intels CPUs for some reason.

Third, Polyarny and Smolensk run badly for everyone, especially with high magnification scopes FPS tends to greatly drop to ~30. If you really don't want to play 35fps then I'd recommend trying to stick with the classic maps (Berlin, Moscow and Warsaw) and the TDM maps. 

Well, about my performance I've said already many times so now I'm patiently waiting.

Here are my impressions on 0.7 patch so far.

Was using Smoke arti strike. What can I say...

First. It having the same CD as explosive arti strikes is hugely disadvantageous for it. I'm talking now not only about strike's CD that is 180 sec, that is IMO too high for clearly "supportive" strike, but adding to that that fact that normal artillery CD is going on CD too is kinda breaking the mood.

My suggestion:

or let Smoke strike have separate from normal strikes CD.

or make its CD around 100-120 secs, so it wouldn't force u to wait 3 mins to call in explosive arti strikes.

And one more thing. I was recording and if I'm correct smokescreen duration is 15 secs. From my experience it's kinda low. U can't call in strike while staying open, so u have to hide urself. And when u call in Smokestrike u usually are losing up to 5 secs to leave the cover and start rushing to the smoked area. And 10 remaining secs is usually is not enought and u find urself in the open and halfway to the target/cover.

So, my suggestion is:

or increase smokescreen duration,

or add 5-10 secs delay between the call in and the time when the shells would hit the ground.

So the side that is using the strike would be prepared and would use the advantage that this strike is giving them.

Next is heavy armored vehicles. Currently there are 2 types of heavy vehicles in game: tanks and MRAPs.

While AFV/IFVs maneuverability and acceleration are close to be called balanced situation with Tanks/MRAPs is unsatisfying. Many have said here and there about tanks now being too slow. And my voice was one of the first. And in the same time the every moment I'm driving the MRAP there is 1 thought in my head:

This! This is how tank should move! Speed, acceleration, it would be perfect tank! Why the vehicle that is staying most of its lifetime has it all and tanks that need it the most - don't?!

So, here is my suggestion, devs, could u plz swap acceleration and max speed for MRAP and tank and then then look what players reaction would be. IMO it would be welcomed.

Also, thx, @Rozmo, for helping with stolen tank experiments. After 1 round of wasting time asking dear WW3 community members in enemy team to take an empty AFV that was staying right in the front of exit from their base... I've almost lost a hope. And then u were like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.😁

And then these useless dumbasses call me toxic...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tynblpb said:

So, here is my suggestion, devs, could u plz swap acceleration and max speed for MRAP and tank and then then look what players reaction would be. IMO it would be welcomed

The problem is, that tanks are threaded vehicles and MRAP isn't, also, we're taking into calculations the mass and center of gravity, so copying values won't work at all - those are two separate driving models. That said, there current model is not final, we're still testing different setups and we'll make sure it's well balanced closer to 1.0 - remember, this is still an Early Access game and we're still testing stuff heavily!

22 часа назад, Ragir сказал:

so copying values won't work at all - those are two separate driving models

I understand that, I was talking about resulting numbers.

One more question. Is the footsteps sounds volume untouched? Because recalling how clear were footsteps in late 0.7PTE and how they are in 0.7Live the difference can easily be noticed.

Am I mistaken or not? If not, is it possible to know why it was done?

41 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Is the footsteps sounds volume untouched?

I think there were some changes, but reports like that are very important for us, especially when it comes to sound, so I'll tell the audio guy what's what ;)

• Thanks 1

Still struggling to place an artillery/bombs strikes when there is no spot from teammates / no UAV I finally made a theme with thoughts how to make stikes placing more "player friendly".

Read and vote plz. Objections and opinions are welcomed.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

I am not entirely sure if this post is best placed here because it is more about the general state of the live version than the 7.2 patch specifically but given there is no general feedback thread I will leave it here.

As of now I am a bit worried about WW3 for a number of reasons, but having said that I want to make clear that I am fully aware that the team is working as hard as possible on the game. I try to give this post some structure 😄 lets see how this works out. In the first part I want to give feedback about some of the core mechanics of the game and in the second part thematize the current progress and communication a bit more.

This might be quite subjective but for me many core mechanics are kind of/partially broken or at least in a bad state which is taking the fun away from the game more and more (annoying is a key word to come 😄).

Part I

Sound: I know you are working constantly on the sound and it was a lot better on PTE ( @tynblpb has mentioned this somewhere) and maybe it's just my settings, but it annoys me so much to get killed by someone who runs up directly behind me, and there is just no sound played. And to make that sure I also get a lot of kills on players who cannot have heard a thing while I was approaching them. On some surface there appear to be no footsteps and in all honesty I would expect to hear someone in heavy gear srinting to me from some distance. Are you aware that there are still many issues with the spatial sound? And if so have you maybe already a hint what causes these problems and how to solve them?

Strikes: This one is simply and also quite subjective, but in my opinion strikes are way too spammable. An arty strike or stormbreaker should be something special and not used as the main anti tank weapon. But as said this is subjective and maybe the majority thinks elsewise but yeah at some point a constant stream of arty shells becomes annoying :D.

Gunplay: Again this is something quite subjective but you have said multiply times that you want skill and accuracy to be decisive in a firefight but I wonder if this is the case currently. Of course my understanding of what is skilled and what not is subjective to a degree and maybe I am just bad. On short range I would say the gunplay is quite fine, but on longer ranges ... Recoil in WW3 is very! easy to control (especially if the random horizontal kicks some have issues with become replaced with something more predictable). Thus also on longer ranges you can happily hold M1 and spray all day. Recoil control skills don't play much of a role here because it is just so easy (again @tynblpb has thematized this in his barrel suggestions I think).

Trying to get a tap fire headshot on the other hand is on longer ranges a matter of luck depending on the sway. I really can't count anymore how often I held an angle, waiting for my enemy to peek and when he finally does my aim got kicked of by a random horizontal sway. This is absolutely annoying. This is by nature unpredictable and thus makes something which I consider skilled artificially difficult to the point where it is often the better option to take a gun with a large mag and just hold LMB on the approximate peeking spot. Eventually enough bullets will hit. Then on top strafing left and right has like no impact on accuracy. So again holding LMB together with A and D is very easy and the dominant strategy while going for accurate shots is made artificially difficult. That is not to say that battle rifles are too weak. On the contrary, they are even easier to control full auto than most ARs due to the lower RoF.

This holds for bolt action rifles too. Why go for the headshot, which is randomly difficult while going for a much easier body shot will most of the time give the same result? But differently it is hard for a very good sniper player to differentiate himself from a more mediocre one.

I have to admit that my preferred playstyle is to run a BR and thus anybody might say that this is just whining but my point is not that this playstyle is not effective or you cannot be successful with it (you absolutely can!). But in certain situations in a fight between two equally good players the in my opinion more skilled play is made artificially difficult while something not that skilled is made very easy. I would really like to hear what others think on this and directed at the devs: Is the way sway works currently going to stay and exactly what you want it to be like? I would propose to at least get rid of the strong horizontal deviation and include a pause while breathing out.

Technical issues: I understand that .7 was mainly a QoL patch which was supposed to provide technical improvements so here is a simple question: Where are they? This is not meant as rantly as it sounds first. But can you at least confirm that the patch brought server side improvements in some way? For many (me included) the fps became worse and the game also crashes/freezes quite frequently. Not only that: I thought the patch was supposed to improve lag/sync related issues? If I got that wrong will this be part of the final optimization or come earlier? And if I got that right and the patch was supposed to improve the network related performance I wonder again where these improvements come into effect? Superbullets? Check (or the hit feedback on the receiving end is just so minimal that I mix that up sometimes?)! Significant peekers advantage? Check! Desync? At least occasionally. - Together with the sound issues this is probably most annoying for me at the moment.

Likely related to the animation system, I assume are situation like this: "Hey, there is someony sprinting with the barrel pointing down, lets shoot this guy. ... Oh I am already dead and got shot from a barrel pointing to the ground - great!". This happens frequently and yeah is annoying :D.

Part II

And in some way this leads me to the second part. Again, I am absolutely sure that you work your ass off constantly but still I am not that happy with the current progression of the game. I was absolutely fine with .7 being a QoL patch not bringing much new content only there are absolutely no improvements on my end. Maybe the majority does not experience these technical issues? And maybe this is still a consequence of the engine switch but then I wonder if this could not be communicated clearer? It might seem technical and boring but I would be very interested in the process behind improving the server side performance or a report on the technical issues you are working on right now and how you do so. The recent weekly reports where also a bit disappointing given who vague they were in many ways.

Then, many features are repeatedly reported to come closer to 1.0 including the animation system rework. Am I the only one, who interpreted many forum posts so that the rework system was supposed to come with .8. Given the problems related to the old one I was definitely looking forward to it. Now, I wonder how the progress is going, when it can be expected, etc.? And as much as I like the concept of Breakthrough - it won't keep me playing the game if the above mentioned points don't get adressed.

So to conclude the second part: Can you give us a clearer picture about the current progress? Don't spare the dry details, even if we don't understand exactly how the everything works it tells where current problems are, what is holding new content back etc.

I hope the one or the other has the stomach to read through all this 😄 but to give an overview over the questions I asked the devs:

Are you aware of the the spatial sound issues and if so how are you approaching them?

How happy are you with the current gunplay/how final is the gunplay and the sway mechanic specifically?

Was .7 supposed to improve lag/desync etc.? And if so, how happy are you with the results and are more improvements expected to come soon, or closer to 1.0?

Is it possible to give us a clearer picture about the current progress behind the scenes?

Have a nice evening everybody and sorry for the veeeery long post. ❤️

1 час назад, HeiligeRobbe сказал:

Thus also on longer ranges you can happily hold M1 and spray all day.

One note: in 0.8PTE with fully implemented and working Horizontal Recoil shooting full-auto is significantly less effective than in previous patches. And grip stats were revised too.