Sign in to follow this  
--=REAPER=--

visual noise

The visual noise is way more than it needs or even used to be.

Smolensk is constantly frying my eyes with all the brightness overwash.

The pixel pooping shadow map has become waaaaaay worse - especially on low shadows / lightning.
Now it's haunting and straining my eyes so much I literally cannot stop seeing it after I've stopped playing for an hour.

Using high/ultra AA settings washes everything out and you're practically blind, is that really intended?

Chromatic abbreviation (or abomination) - why!?

I wonder if it's just the old config... but on the other hand I changed a lot of my settings in game while trying and failing to get rid of that annoying visual torture.

image.thumb.png.9d85a51d859efbcb43431d89f30099e9.png

• Like 1

It happens for some people - for some reasons is more visible for you than others.

We will investigate, thanks.

Good to hear - hopefully you come up with a solution, this has been pestering me since release...

If it's any help, I'm running the game on an i7 7700k, nvidia 1080 GTX - default driver settings.

It gets better, if I up the resolution scale to 200, but as soon as I drop AA to medium - it looks like shirt again. =(

For me it kinda looks like this texture overlay - just all over the place. (screenshot of your main page, but it's in the game menus as well...)

image.png.8ed330ac8f645e4df3f0fccb520994a2.png

11 минут назад, --=REAPER=-- сказал:

Good to hear - hopefully you come up with a solution, this has been pestering me since release...

If it's any help, I'm running the game on an i7 7700k, nvidia 1080 GTX - default driver settings.

It gets better, if I up the resolution scale to 200, but as soon as I drop AA to medium - it looks like shirt again. =(

For me it kinda looks like this texture overlay - just all over the place. (screenshot of your main page, but it's in the game menus as well...)

Try playing with the "Sharpen" bar in Advanced Video settings. Sharpen lower than 20 works almost as AA(with AA disabled). With Sharpen higher than 80 it almost negates AA's blurring. Not fully but difference can be seen clearly.

I've made tutorial few months ago. Closer to the end u can see screenshots with different Sharpen settings. Look and try it for urself.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1739485311

Edited by tynblpb

Yup it does help on high / ultra AA settings, but it shouldn't be necessary to begin with...

here's another screenshot with medium AA... the game looks absolutely retarded

image.thumb.png.50eb322b9e88e33fae48fb772103f822.png

Edited by --=REAPER=--

Yes, it is a texture, it could be a feature, but it's really annoying in some places...

5 hours ago, weedtime said:

Yes, it is a texture, it could be a feature, but it's really annoying in some places...

more like every place - if the AA settings ain't maxed.

It just makes WW3 look bad - like highly compressed jpegs.

Btw. BF3 also wanted to be cool and made everything blue - I didn't like it either. 😜

• Haha 1

11.10.2019 в 16:56, --=REAPER=-- сказал:

Yup it does help on high / ultra AA settings, but it shouldn't be necessary to begin with...

And 1 more thing. Set PostProcessing to Medium. And 1 more: when u r in VideoSettings - press F and u'll start to see background. And then u can adjust ur settings in realtime. And plz, do not write here "AllUltra - must be the best picture game can offer".

Trust me, I tried a LOT of different settings, and as long as that texture is in there, it's ugly as f.
You can just try to get rid of it by adjusting settings, but it'll still be there unless you really remove or replace it.

And another thing, Ultra has to be the best visual setting the game has to offer out of the box, that's just plain logic, as there is no Mega.