Sign in to follow this  
Terux

Some questions for the next free weekend after 0.7 live

As my title says, there are some questions about the next free weekend. Because after 0.7 live update it should bring more players to the game and fill the servers:

1) What do you think about a free weekend version with the first 3 maps (Berlin, Warsaw and Moscow) including the new map rotation?

2) What about reducing the customizations cost? I am thinking about a discount of 75%. People can buy some "expensive" things to test. Of course also only in the free weekend version.

Well, that's all what I want to ask of to move forwared 🙄😏

I've asked about this before and apparently it won't happen because most of the changes were low level so the developers don't want players to think the game has become stagnant.

This is likely to happen at 0.8 because I've heard it will have a lot more content.

This is exactly the case, we don't want the players to think we didn't do anything and to reinforce the myth of WW3 devs going over to work on Chernobylite - there has been literally 1 person that join the CL team from WW3 and it was on that person's request.

Most of the work we did was relighting the whole game, massive changes to netcode to utilize the new tech in the engine and fixing all the bugs that rose from changing the basic structure of the code.

During this time the rest of the team worked on future updates and those should come at a lot quicker pace now, so the next FW is probably going to come after 0.8.

11 minutes ago, Ragir said:

During this time the rest of the team worked on future updates and those should come at a lot quicker pace now, so the next FW is probably going to come after 0.8.

really hope that new animation is coming in 0.8, because its literally the most noticeable thing by newcomers

2 hours ago, Atway said:

most noticeable thing by newcomers

That's why doing a FW now is not a good idea :P

Yeah... somehow I can understand it. I hope the 0.8 update is coming faster then 0.7 (I know 0.7 is primary a graphic engine update with a lot of code changes, so it's more difficult to develope it than game content).

0.8 will definitely come faster, it's actually pretty close to being released to the PTE, we planned to do it last week, but there were some problems with Live patch and we had to focus on that - we, unfortunately, don't have enough people to do everything at once :)

On 10/18/2019 at 10:51 AM, Ragir said:

0.8 will definitely come faster, it's actually pretty close to being released to the PTE, we planned to do it last week, but there were some problems with Live patch and we had to focus on that - we, unfortunately, don't have enough people to do everything at once :)

Thx for the answer. I hope for you that it's not as difficult as planned to modify the animation/movement system and of course the other stuff you planned 🙂

9 hours ago, Terux said:

I hope for you that it's not as difficult as planned to modify the animation/movement system

It's been as difficult as we planned, took around a year to make and it's still being finalized :P

On 10/21/2019 at 10:13 AM, Ragir said:

It's been as difficult as we planned, took around a year to make and it's still being finalized :P

Well, that's what I call a full-time job.... Playing  with animations/movements. Ok, almost 1 year for moonwalks.... I have something to laugh at 😋

13 hours ago, Terux said:

I have something to laugh at

Let's hope there's a good archive of bugs saved so we can all have a alugh after it's finished :P