TZoningHard

Is WW3 "launching" on Oct 25th?

Heard that that it was coming out of EA and actually launching. Its with in the 12-15 months.

Devs say that they only had 1 or two things that they needed to address which I disagree.

Just checking if its true. Also that's when MW comes out which very similar to WW3 so...

That seems unlikely doesn't it? The animation system rework was confirmed for 0.8 a couple of times and given the weekly report did not mention it, next week would be the earliest date for 0.8 on pte. 

Nope, no way they will be able to make 4 new maps, new weapons, strikes, breakthrough gamemode and finish recon in 3 months. It's 100% getting delayed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salt Lord said:

Nope, no way they will be able to make 4 new maps, new weapons, strikes, breakthrough gamemode and finish recon in 3 months. It's 100% getting delayed 

Well we already know there's a Tokyo map, which could be at any point in development.

Break through is also clearly in the works, and from what I've heard is pretty close to landing on PTE so it's at least playable at this point.

Recon is playable from the last tests, but it's gone through a lot of development recently so who knows where it's at.

Content like weapons and strikes - they are getting added haphazardly. It seems likely that the MP7, KAC and MSBS-762N will all launch by 0.8.

If it does get delayed, it's probably still going to launch by March from what I can see. I may be way off, but based off the release times of previous patches that's the latest I would put it at.

How is 12-15 months ending this month? :P Also, we've always said that if the game needs more time, it will get more time, we are not going to release a half-baked game just to hit a deadline.

That said, we're actually pretty muchs till on track, 0.7 took a long time, but we were working on stuff in the background parallel to 0.7, so 0.8 should come out to the PTE relatively soon. We might switch stuff around on the roadmap a bit, but there's a lot of things that you haven't seen that just need a bit more time in the oven.

The reason is, that people totally don't understand 'work in progress' and releasing anything that's not perfect is instantly met with criticism, so we have to delay things until we think they're good enough so we avoid this.

This means that there's a lot of stuff like Recon, Breakthrough, new maps, movement system, new weapons and strikes and a lot of other improvements still in the works.

• Like 8

Yeah rushing stuff never works out great. Just look at Halo 2, if they had more time and Microsoft didn't force them to finish it by the holidays the game could've been so much better than it already is. At least Legendary difficulty would've been tested and tweaked in every encounter instead of spawning 20 FUCKING JACKAL SNIPERS WHICH CAN ONESHOT YOU IN 0.5 SECONDS.#%^&#@##------

But yeah no need to rush things

5 часов назад, Ragir сказал:

This means that there's a lot of stuff like Recon, Breakthrough, new maps, movement system, new weapons and strikes and a lot of other improvements still in the works.

I hope, one day the 5th game mode will be released (as it was written before). Something, like Defusion, or Search&Destroy. But the optimisation is the most important. I did't stop playing since 0.7, but it is quite difficult due huge FPS drop. And my PC isn't the weakest (i7-3770 + GTX 1070).

44 minutes ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

i7-3770

Ivy Bridge (3rd gen) CPU's are still is 5 generations behind the Coffee Lake (8th gen) series  and even the Kaby Lake series, so that could possibly be a problem.
Also a weird combo with a 1070 (no TI?)

But still it's an i7 with respectable clock speeds so it should still be viable on more modern games

ok good, still got a lil hope left to check in from time to time.

Search and Destroy should be a game mode, the game is almost built for it. Would be the gamemode that would push tactics and gadgets the most.

After that please fix gunplay, the player count is not low because of optimization. If the gameplay is good it will carry. Look at Tarkov, very unoptimized and very buggy at times but still is going strong.

The number one issue in the game is that its no longer like battlefield which is the only reason WW3 sold so many copies was for hopes of a non casual BF game. WW3 sadly gotten very casual and dumbed down patch after patch. You have to do something to retain players and content is already not keeping them interested.

18 hours ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

I hope, one day the 5th game mode will be released (as it was written before)

It's being talked about, but I can't really say anything concrete about it yet, we'll do a Weekly Report once we know more.

Air strikes don't contribute to lag that much, it's mainly the amount of players, that's why we're hesitant to bring it back right now, when the game is not performing as good as it should. Bringing it back now would only drop FPS for a lot of people to the point of the game being unplayable most likely.

lol.....it launched....it was great....ground war is awesome....was great to see the devs finally listen to the community. 😜

shit they even said they would put my small community patch in the game, i didn't even have to email them for months and do pro bono work for them...

😝