Sign in to follow this  
NeoOrNeon

Remove third person camera for armored vehicles

All of the armored vehicles you can call in have two cameras, a more protected gun camera with a lower fov and it is fixed to the cannon and a com camera that has a higher fov and can rotate but it's exposed. There is one more view that is third person and this view is attached to the com camera. My suggestion is to remove the third person view and allow the com camera to rotate 360 degrees. What are your thoughts? 

• Like 7

Just now, Fullback said:

Like it +1

Cool, I made a discussion first because I think this is controversial. Even if the com camera can rotate overall the tank has less visibility. However I think this is good because the way it is now you can't hide from a good tank pilot and you have no way of knowing if he saw you with his magical third person perspective.

3 часа назад, NeoOrNeon сказал:

All of the armored vehicles you can call in have two cameras, a more protected gun camera with a lower fov and it is fixed to the cannon and a com camera that has a higher fov and can rotate but it's exposed. There is one more view that is third person and this view is attached to the com camera. My suggestion is to remove the third person view and allow the com camera to rotate 360 degrees. What are your thoughts? 

I have already disabled third person camera for myself. Same as hitmarkers. So, I will support this suggestion.

I'm often using 3rd person view to look what's blocking the path this time. Without it it's much more harder to find what kind of small thing is blocking u this time.

And if u don't want enemy to see u - commander's camera can always be destroyed.

2 hours ago, tynblpb said:

I'm often using 3rd person view to look what's blocking the path this time. Without it it's much more harder to find what kind of small thing is blocking u this time.

And if u don't want enemy to see u - commander's camera can always be destroyed.

Driving would be more difficult...  

Why doesn't the com camera rotate while in third person though?

• Haha 1

Yeah the main thing for me is that there is all sorts of terrain that you can get stuck on that would make it extremely difficult to drive in first person

• Like 1

totally agree. But first need to up vehicles a little. Otherwise they will become way too weak

3rd person camera is very arcadey. I also think it should be removed from WW3. Makes putting you C4 on the back of the tank impossible, as the dirver always sees you.

We'll think about that, there are some changes coming to the TPP camera on vehicles.

Guest David.TT-133

hmm sounds familiar