Sign in to follow this  
KOMORA

[Feature] Revive Teammates

Question

Any thoughts on having a one time Revive Feature only if killed by gun fire. For example Nades, Airstrikes,  Rockets, or any explosive would not allow for a team revive.  If you are revived and get killed again you can't get revived until you redeploy. This would only apply to Squad members so no one outside of squad can pick you up. I think reviving promotes more teamwork. 

Thoughts?

11 answers to this question

Very unlikely to happen and honestly I don't support a Revive system being added to the game. Nothing personal against anyone, I'm just not in favor of it personally.

The Developers have also expressed multiple times they're not interested in having Revive in the game. Here are two Developer comments over Revive mechanics,

Now I know these are old. But, here is a screenshot from Discord that is probably no more than maybe...2 - 3 months old at best?

ReviveWontHappen.png.181804ce3b51eb2f4cdc44bbec91c15c.png

Now I obviously can't stop you from wanting it or others for that matter, nor can I obviously stop People from requesting it. But, if I had to give you a little bit of advice it would be this; don't get your hopes too high up on it being added to the game.

• Like 2

yeah, it was suggested many times. And all vet players and devs are against it. Please stop trying to turn ww3 into bf :D

• Like 3

16 минут назад, Atway сказал:

yeah, it was suggested many times. And all vet players and devs are against it. Please stop trying to turn ww3 into bf :D

No! I'm for revive system. With that remarks that soldier can be revived only once and only if he wasn't killed by headshot or explosives.

7 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

No! I'm for revive system. With that remarks that soldier can be revived only once and only if he wasn't killed by headshot or explosives.

image.thumb.png.6ab25b511a6397b727584d658c9ff9cd.png

9 минут назад, Atway сказал:

image.thumb.png.6ab25b511a6397b727584d658c9ff9cd.png

😭🤧

I'm vote for revive system because IMO it would be gadget and guy with defib would have no health pack, ammo pack, syringe etc. and thus would be heavily dependant on teammates with aforementioned gadgets. And in the same time guys without defibs would want to stay closer to him to be possibly revived. Guy with defib wants to stick together, guys without defib want to have him near.

T - Teamwork.

Revives are not something we thin would actually benefit the game. The main reason for our thinking is that we want you to feel the value of your life - with revives and short respawns, you loose that, you don't have that thought of 'if I die, I'll have to respawn and we might loose this point' and you might play more recklessly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 часов назад, Ragir сказал:

Revives are not something we thin would actually benefit the game.

So, what about not reviving, but heavy injure mechanics. Like it was in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and RS6 Siege. When character falls to the ground, but is vulnerable to any instance of damage. So, if you fall injured in fire, you are immediately dead.

Ofc, it's should be in special circumstances. For example, the last hit, you received, was in the leg or arm, or in armor without depleting it. Headshot, flesh penetrating shot or something heavy such as tank round should be 100% lethal.

6 minutes ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

So, what about not reviving, but heavy injure mechanics. Like it was in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and RS6 Siege. When character falls to the ground, but is vulnerable to any instance of damage. So, if you fall injured in fire, you are immediately dead.

We had it in one of the earliest versions of the game, so I'm not talking just out of thin air here. Instead of dying (if it was a limb hit), your character kneeled down and waited for help. Unfortunately it didn't really work and created a lot of weird situations and unexpected behaviors (at this time we also had 1 damage dealt when you got hit by a grenade, so people just ran around throwing grenades at fallen soldier, killing them before the explosion :P). 

After a few months we decided it didn't really fit the game well and it was making us design around it more than being an integral part of the game, so it was removed.

• Sad 1

4 минуты назад, Ragir сказал:

We had it in one of the earliest versions of the game, so I'm not talking just out of thin air here. Instead of dying (if it was a limb hit), your character kneeled down and waited for help. Unfortunately it didn't really work and created a lot of weird situations and unexpected behaviors (at this time we also had 1 damage dealt when you got hit by a grenade, so people just ran around throwing grenades at fallen soldier, killing them before the explosion :P). 

Wow, that was... nice)

55 минут назад, Ragir сказал:

(at this time we also had 1 damage dealt when you got hit by a grenade, so people just ran around throwing grenades at fallen soldier, killing them before the explosion :P).

So, basically, devs themselves admit that they with their own hands removed the possibility of having fatalities in the game?

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1