Sign in to follow this  
Anachoretes

Soldier rap

Hi. I want to clarify one thing in this game.  Namely, the tendency of my character to comment on everything that happens around him. "Oh! Grenade! OMG! Nice shot my boy my baby oh yeah commmon! " 
And you know.. even when i am alone on a whole goddamn map this trigger doesn't even check a teammate existence in a close range and just loudly pronounce - "i'm Here! I saw this grenade and i'm just doing a little rap about it for you boy... because i can" No... because i can't....

If this is an important part of the game mechanics can you place some decoy granade that looks like a premium edition of CoD:WW  or a rubber boobs ?

If no... why? This game TTK's is actually living on the spine of a map listening and situational awarness in general. And this stupid replicas.... doesnt make it better i guess.  Not any of them.. But at least they could be much quieter.

Edited by Anachoretes
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is something we're going to address in the future for sure, it's not going to be left like this. It's also a lot more tame then it used to :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ragir said:

This is something we're going to address in the future for sure, it's not going to be left like this. It's also a lot more tame then it used to :)

I hope for a compromise of sorts. The dialogue of the soldiers adds a lot to what's going on and I've had a few laughs at some of the more wacky lines. Perhaps a "sneak" mode or something.

• Like 4

I like a lot the dissing when you kill someone. Hope it stay!

But some of the chat are useless and annoying at the same time... "Squad leader is down! What the F* we gonna do!" is the perfect example.

Other should be still in game but much more short (and effective): "Grenade!!!" is enough to alarm you, we don't need stuff like: "hey bro, the damn enemy have just launched a grenade toward us and it can be really harmful is it explodes in our vicinity!".

Even the commander voice over should be revisited and be much more clean and short in comms.

Usually people will use TS, discord or the new VOIP to communicate. 

Then we have our char AI chat a bit, then we have teammates AI chat a bit, then enemy AI chat a bit, and the commander too. Is really a lot of stuff.

It can be very taxing for our ears while we try to focus on the game sounds like enemy footsteps or gunfire.

I really hope you guys will find a good balance!

Edited by Ziogualty
  • Like 1

just keep helpful voice reactions as they are (like "grenade")

and make others less frequent. atm you comment literally every single action: sl is down! i killed someone! i made 2 more steps! i forgot to turn iron off! my leg is so itchy! am i exist? And so on)

30 minutes ago, Ziogualty said:

"Squad leader is down! What the F* we gonna do!"

That one is actually very important, you should react by backing up and waiting for your leader to respawn on you to not loose your position by a squad wipe :P

Overall we'll reduce the amount of barks in the future for sure. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ragir said:

That one is actually very important, you should react by backing up and waiting for your leader to respawn on you to not loose your position by a squad wipe :P

Overall we'll reduce the amount of barks in the future for sure. 

I wish it would but the leader will respawn in like  5 secs over any of the squad mates. And 5 secs are really not worthy to change what you are doing, because action is quite frantic specially around objectives.

More, it sounds like a crybaby that is lost because the leader dies..."What the F* we gonna do?" Answer: "Stay alive and keep firing you idiot! i'll spawn on your back in 5 secs and you whine like a 4 years old left alone in the grocery store! I should shoot you myself damn pussy!" :D

Edited by Ziogualty

1 hour ago, Ziogualty said:

Answer: "Stay alive and keep firing you idiot! i'll spawn on your back in 5 secs and you whine like a 4 years old left alone in the grocery store! I should shoot you myself damn pussy!"

You'd still be talking after respawning :P

But yeah, remember that we're not native speakers, so some stuff might sound better to us than people that speak English daily - there's going to be some revisions to this for sure, and discussions like this one help to guide us a lot, so keep it going!

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 8:43 AM, Ragir said:

You'd still be talking after respawning :P

But yeah, remember that we're not native speakers, so some stuff might sound better to us than people that speak English daily - there's going to be some revisions to this for sure, and discussions like this one help to guide us a lot, so keep it going!

Do you guys need English speakers? I'm sure we could get a thread on the forum going to help with that. And creating/changing soldier dialogue together would be fun.

There's around 700-1000 lines of dialogue per voice, so it's a lot of work that has to be good quality - and I'm not really in-the-know on how this works, but if you create a thread and people can post some snippets, I can send it where it's needed ;)