Sign in to follow this  
Nyquist

0.7.1 patch - Feature needed and a question!

I returned to the game after this last patch. I noticed there's a new option in keybinding - lean toggle - which I think is very good but it needs a fast way to release the toggle!

I suggest to implement the possibility for us to choose what key can cancel the toggle but I think the space bar (jump key) is a very good option to cancel the toggle because when the character is leaning it cant jump, so in the first space bar press the lean toggle is canceled and if the player press it again the character jumps.

I just tried the game for a couple of minutes today so I didn't notice any performance increase yet but I noticed that when I use some scope with zoom the performance decreases while zooming. When we are using zoom, the portion of the map shown in the screen is smaller so it may be possible not to lose performance.. Could you add some setting to make the game smother while zooming?

• Like 1

I tested the game for more time and the performance seems much better now with all performance related optimizations enabled(like gpu bufering etc).

• Like 1

The zoom hitching is being dissected as we speak, we're aware of this issue. The lean toggle will also be reworked before 1.0 :)

4 hours ago, Nyquist said:

The lean toggle is almost perfect! It just needs some key to fast cancel the toggle!

Should be the same key imo. press Q to lean and press Q again to "unlean"

When you have to perform many actions fast, its easy to press the wrong key. If you press the other lean key, your character will lean to the other side, which something you dong want.

If space bar cancels the lean, it would be great option to fast cancel the lean position with lot less probability to confusion or error.

16 часов назад, Nyquist сказал:

When you have to perform many actions fast, its easy to press the wrong key. If you press the other lean key, your character will lean to the other side, which something you dong want.

If space bar cancels the lean, it would be great option to fast cancel the lean position with lot less probability to confusion or error.

Sprint button(Shift by default) disables lean...

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 3:56 AM, Nyquist said:

I returned to the game after this last patch. I noticed there's a new option in keybinding - lean toggle - which I think is very good but it needs a fast way to release the toggle!

I suggest to implement the possibility for us to choose what key can cancel the toggle but I think the space bar (jump key) is a very good option to cancel the toggle because when the character is leaning it cant jump, so in the first space bar press the lean toggle is canceled and if the player press it again the character jumps.

I just tried the game for a couple of minutes today so I didn't notice any performance increase yet but I noticed that when I use some scope with zoom the performance decreases while zooming. When we are using zoom, the portion of the map shown in the screen is smaller so it may be possible not to lose performance.. Could you add some setting to make the game smother while zooming?

Hi buddy, to be frank this was mostly due to faster gameplay or else there is almost no such chance.

Regards,

Nasaka Smith https://plex.software/ https://tutuappx.com/ https://vidmate.onl/

Edited by nakasa

2 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Sprint button(Shift by default) disables lean...

Yeah but this puts you in movement. When you are picking and just need to fast return to default position because someone is shooting at you, a key to fast un-lean is good to you just hide a bit and lean again to return fire.

If devs implement this functionality, it will help very much those using lean toggle and  won't cause any problem to any other players.

Edited by Nyquist

32 минуты назад, Nyquist сказал:

Yeah but this puts you in movement

No.

Anyway its good to have the option to choose what key we want to use for this function because if you play more titles, what is the case of most players, we can maintain a more consistent key bindings scheme among many games.

About the performance, now that I have played more, the Smolensk(the forest) map is the one with worst performance. Other maps are much better but I know devs will improve that with time.

Edited by Nyquist

I don't think we need more keysfor things as if now. They won't leave any room for new stuff if there will be any

37 minutes ago, Matt_dOvale said:

They won't leave any room for new stuff if there will be any

There will be and it's been a struggle for years :P