Sign in to follow this  
nubbits

[WEAPON] SVCh Russian battle rifle

G'day everybody

For a while I have thought that the SVCh Chukavin rifle would make a great addition to WW3, and thought I should probably use @Dunabar's format for this because it is so good. If there is anything that I haven't edited correctly apologies.

Contents of this post

• Section 1 - The SVCh - Real life information behind the SVCh
  • Section 2 - Favored Playstyle & Stat Comparisons - Comparing stats between current in-game battle rifles, sniper rifles and the SVCh.
  • Section 3 - Special Features - Special features I think the SVCh should have and things that make it different
  • Section 4 - Customization - Customization options for the SVCh

----

Section 1 - The SVCh

image.thumb.png.aafe93d93dc26ff0ee2484a9b44c9cb6.png

image.png.f0de94fa037173d67ede84c91168ed3a.png

Videos of the SVCh in action:

Extra Information sources.

The SVCh is a modern marksman rifle designed to replace the ageing SVD in the Russian military and for export worldwide. The rifle fires in semi automatic, and can fire the 7.62*54 and 7.62*51 rifle rounds (some sources say it can also be fired in .338 Lapua Magnum if the receiver is changed, but I haven't found any evidence of this yet). As the SVCh is replacing the SVD, it will soon be found throughout the Russian military, and is likely to be found in the hands of nations and militias that already use SVD rifles as they have magazine commonality.

For the purposes of an in game weapon, the SVCh is difficult to categorise. Although it certainly isn't a bolt action sniper rifle, it also can't utilise the automatic fire found on all other battle rifles thus far. Regardless, I think the SVCh should probably be classed as a BR, as this would increase the diversity of those rifles with a weapon in 7.62*54 as well as avoid the possibility of a semi-auto Tochnost.

----

Section 2 - Favored Playstyle & Stat Comparisons

The SVCh is a long range rifle and should favour players using tap fire to take out targets that may otherwise be hard to hit. I suggest that for the game it should be chambered in 7.62*54, as we will soon have 3 battle rifles chambered in .308.

Now for stat comparison. As much of this is copied from a template, I will avoid replacing all that is unnecessary to change.

• Green - The gun is better compared to this weapon's stats on the list.
  • Yellow - The gun is equal or competitive compared to this weapon's stats on the list.
  • Red - The gun is worse compared to this weapon's stats on the list.

Please note:  I cannot test these stats to confirm balance, so think of these as more of a proposed starting place for testing on the PTE, and I'm comparing the stats of the weapons from a stock design against another stock design without taking customization into consideration. This is primarily to help keep the post small and avoid making a massive amount of variables to take into consideration. For this comparison, I will also include the Pecheneg Bullpup LMG and Tochnost sniper rifle to give a better idea of how it fits into the game.

SVCh proposed and compared stats.

• SVCh Effective ranges: 120m (56 damage) decreases to 38 damage at 135m
    • SCAR-H: 105m (40 damage) decreases at 105m-120m to 32
    • M417: 105m (40 damage) decreases at 105m-120m to 32
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 120m (46 damage) decreases to 27 damage at 135m
    • Tochnost: 45m (125 damage.) Damage decreases at 46m - 90m (110 damage) and bottoms out at 80

EDIT: There is a bug where damage numbers show up incorrectly when switching between weapons in the customise screen. I will write on this later.

• SVCh Weight: 14
    • SCAR-H: 16.4
    • M417: 17.1
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 16.6
    • Tochnost: 15.11
  • SVCh Recoil: 2.0
    • SCAR-H: 0.92
    • M417: 0.95
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 0.78
    • Tochnost: 4.5
  • SVCh Spread: 0.12
    • SCAR-H: 0.2
    • M417: 0.14
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 0.35
    • Tochnost: 0.1
  • SVCh Reload time: 3.0 Seconds
    • SCAR-H: 4.0 Seconds
    • M417: 1.0 Seconds
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 8.7 Seconds
    • Tochnost: 3.0 Seconds
  • SVCh Rate of Fire: 300 (semi auto)
    • SCAR-H: 525
    • M417: 430
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 550
    • Tochnost: 65
  • SVCh Caliber: 7.62*54R
    • SCAR-H: 7.62*51
    • M417: 7.62*51
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 7.62*54R
    • Tochnost: 7.62*51
  • SVCh Muzzle Velocity: 1000 m/s
    • SCAR-H: 714 m/s
    • M417: 817 m/s
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 900 m/s
    • Tochnost: 1293 m/s
  • SVCh Bullets to Kill: HDPE: 2 / PTLN: 3 / Cer: 4 / STL: 4
    • SCAR-H: HDPE: 3 / PTLN: 4 / CER: 4 / STL: 5
    • M417: HDPE: 3 / PTLN: 4 / CER: 4 / STL: 5
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: HDPE: 3 / PTLN: 3 / CER: 4 / STL: 5
    • Tochnost: HDPE: 1 / PTLN: 1 / CER: 1 / STL: 2

Next, we go to special features.

----

Section 3 - Special Features

The main special feature about the SVCh that differentiates it from other firearms in game is its use of the 7.62*54R cartridge in a semi-automatic rifle design. With this in mind, the SVCh could function as a rifle that can fight against sniper rifles without the one shot capability. The SVCh could perhaps function with a one shot headshot mechanic, however this is all up for debate.

The other main special feature I would have is scope displacement. Automatic weapons usually displace in a semi-random pattern that goes upwards. As we don't want the SVCh to be a death laser where the player with the fastest finger dominates the game, I propose that each shot taken displaces the reticle upwards and to the right, with a small random component that doesn't make the recoil entirely predictable. Players can either wait for the scope to automatically come back on target or move it manually, similar to how it works in PUBG. This will mean that while the SVCh remains a very dangerous weapon, it requires a considerable amount of practice to be able to use it most effectively.

----

Section 4 - Customization

I will try and do what I can to fill in all relevant info, however due to the scarcity of publicly available info on the SVCh not all can be put down.

• Primary Sights
    • All Sights optional
  • Secondary Sights
    • All Sights optional
  • Barrels
    • Medium barrel
    • Long barrel (there seem to be two barrel lengths mentioned in the reading I've done but I can't find any picture that compares the two
  • Muzzles
    • All Muzzles optional. It looks like the SVCh uses a muzzle brake similar to the PKM muzzle brake in game.
  • Lower
    • All Lowers optional. As far as I can see the SVCh does not have a bespoke bipod.
  • Side
    • All side mounts optional
  • Magazines
    • SVCh 5 round magazine
    • SVCh 10 round magazine
  • Ammunition
    • All (Gun) Ammunition Types optional

As for bodyparts, it seems like the only body part changes available are pistol grips and stocks, which look to be AK compatible.

Thanks for reading everyone, and I wanted to again give credit to @Dunabar for all his posts that inspired me to write this.

Edited by nubbits
  • Like 5

I cannot tell you how many times I've stumbled across the gun, said I would cover it, and just never did because I saw some other awesome gun. I swear I get like james Woods in Family Guy at times with these guns..."Oh piece of candy...Oh piece of candy...Oh piece of candy." Anyways!

Reading one of my personal trusted sources - SVCh Sniper Rifle - Modern Firearms.

I would say this would be a semi-automatic PSR (Precision Sniper Rifle) instead of a Battle Rifle. But, this is classification stuff that differs between nations and I'm pretty tired right now, so I'm going to spare us the debatable differences between PSRs & BRs lol. Either way though, more toys are always good in my book. ūüĎć

On 10/19/2019 at 9:16 PM, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

Oh yes!  EAST (Russia) in WW3 still has no its own Battle Rifle. So modern 7.62x54 rifle will be very nice!

I found this in one of the weekly reports: " Finishing up the trio of 7.62√ó51 Battle Rifles (expect future ones to feature different calibers) " in reference to the MSBS in 7.62 Nato. Seemed like a good idea to put forward one for them, and I think a semi auto only rifle would fill a spot that is currently empty.