Rozmo

Feedback on update 0.8

Welcome Soldiers!

Please feel free to leave your feedback regarding update 0.8.

Breakthrought thoughts: 

Full patch notes: 

- World War 3 Team

• Like 3

... Um... Lol, where is the animation rework and the movement system? I thought 0.8 was mainly to rework the game and make it feel and look fluid, make it look pretty and engaging, like AAA games. I even remember a dev saying it will "sky-rocket" the quality of the game. I know this isn't the whole 0.8, but seriously where is the REAL good stuff and when is it coming? That's really what we've been waiting for now a year or so. I haven't tried breakthrough yet, it's still downloading, but I'd imagine it would be a solid mode when finished. But please guys get those animations and movements out on the pte. 

• Angry 1

1 минуту назад, †FeuerEuphorie† сказал:

New HUD looks cartoonish. I hope it is really WIP in early stages.

I double this. To fat/bold letters and stripes. I think it should be at least 2 times thinner. Like they are in Vehicle's HUD.

• Like 2

C'mon guys you have to expect this to be rough... We are alpha testing the game for a reason. 

First impressions:

1. HUD - not the best. Previous version was just better. I don't know how exactly explain why... now it's ugly and thick and illegible despite its minimalism. Maybe because of font.

2. Breakthrough - it's fun in general but:

• lack of information! - even I don't know that am I attacker or defender and some players has the same observation. You must clearly inform players what they should do in every situation - which point they should attack or defend, which area on map is available etc, make countdown to detonation more visible on hud etc.
  • spawns - lot of spawns near the enemy etc, but I think you know it
  • some bugs: dissapearing crosshair in vehicle when you change camera and more but I need more time to observation.

• Like 1

HUD is kinda cool. I like how the indicators for things like secondary sight are now more clear, and it's easy to see mid combat.

Breakthrough also seems pretty good. Since I am in AU time zone I haven't been able to play a full game, but the radio stations work and I like how you get to go to other parts of the map like the Warsaw school. The problem is, however, you can tell that these locations weren't given as much thought as the Warzone control points, so they have some limited access points and open areas that may allow them to be held very easily once a few people are on point. Again, as I haven't played a proper match, I can't comment on whether this is better or worse.

The spawns are also good though, doesn't drop you a mile away like in BFV.

Highlighted the TL;DR parts in green/red depending whether it's positive or not :)

HUD

Seeing as the HUD seems to be a hot topic.... I personally prefer this HUD over the previous one, but it could possibly be made a bit thinner. Although, there's more to come so I suppose the contrast between old and new is what makes people not like the new one, I'd say that judgement should wait until all of the HUD is in the game.

BREAKTHROUGH

Regarding breakthrough, I feel like the mode is good but once again I am personally undecided whether I prefer the community breakthrough or the dev breakthrough, because of the objective differences. Also, even at 10v10 the mode does feel a bit empty, I'd say it would probably be safe to go for a 15v15. The defenders seem to be lacking a lot when it comes to getting points, while the attackers get plenty of points. Even for the attacking team, there's a large contrast in score due to the fact one person gets between 1000-2000 points for destroying the objective, so maybe reward the rest of the team with some sort of bonus if they're close or have done damage to the objective even if they didn't put the final hit into it. And perhaps reward defenders for every X time the objective wasn't destroyed with Y points, maybe 500 or so. Although I think this mode is far better balanced than Warzone and TDM combined, not sure if it's the players we're playing with, or the mode itself, but the games seem to be a lot more close, and therefore fun.

I've also heard complaints some people find it hard to know if they're attacking or defending, although I personally got to understand it quick. On top of this, I think the stations should give some visual and audio alert when a charge is planted. Right now it's sometimes hard to notice something was planted.

Overall though, the experience has been great, it brought a great fresh air to the game, and I thank the devs for making this happen. I feel like it's better than 0.6 in regards to making the game feel a lot different, and a lot better.

OTHER

There appears to be some slight spelling issues when it comes to breakthrough, I will attempt to list as many of them as I can find/remember. Not sure if they are known, and I do not think they should be under bug reports, so I will place them here. Do not take this as the definite list.

"Defenders As Retreating" - When defenders lose objectives, the "as" should be "are".
        "Difuse charges planted on Stations using [F]" - In loading screen under defender tips, "difuse" should be "defuse".
        "You can only move in resions already conquered or currently attacking" - In loading screen under attacker tips, "resions" should be "regions.

I feel like when polished, and when the new animations come, this update should be considered the greatest update, the one which made the gameplay so much better. But I feel like before people need to join, the technical state must be improved. Until then, I thank and congratulate F51 for continually making this game and not backing down, and I patiently wait till the day :)

Edited by TCPPolak

10 hours ago, TCPPolak said:

Seeing as the HUD seems to be a hot topic.... I personally prefer this HUD over the previous one, but it could possibly be made a bit thinner. Although, there's more to come so I suppose the contrast between old and new is what makes people not like the new one, I'd say that judgement should wait until all of the HUD is in the game.

Agreed, this hud is vastly better, it looks cleaner and prettier overall. 

My comments on the HUD:

It is so far much better. Makes it easier to see information but isn't massive. I overall like the format, and it should probably be tweaked a little, but is good.

I would like to see the health bar return to having three segments. Unless you plan on changing the whole gadget meta by having health regen have four stages, I would suggest breaking the health bar into three parts as right now it is confusing and frankly pointless.

I would also like to have an option to re-bind the key that switches to the underbarrel shotgun. Although I am unlikely to ever use it that much, it's annoying to have to pay double as much attention to the fire select and have to cycle through to access it, and it would be good to be able to use one of my side mouse buttons to switch. The secondary shotgun also seems to reload instantly, so I am unsure if this is intentional or a bug but seems very powerful.

• Like 3

5 часов назад, nubbits сказал:

I would like to see the health bar return to having three segments.

+1

I can’t even play just crashes on the loading screen I can play the normal WW3 but not the pte. 

So far I'm overall liking what I'm seeing. But, I also have some gripes which are mainly with Breakthrough than anything else so far. I will save those gripes though for when I actually give feedback on it. So, I will get into the nit and grit.

---

New Content

Breakthrough Game Mode

I'm happy that the Community Game Mode is here for testing finally. With all due respect to the Devs, I've been far more interested in Breakthrough than I have Recon (and you can bet it's going to show in my Feedback over it.) However, I'm rather sad to see that it's only a 10 vs 10 game mode currently and hope it will change at some point. Again though I will save my major feedback on it for the actual Breakthrough feedback post.

Six12 Underbarrel Shotgun

Even though it is shut off right now, I did get to play with it for at least one game of Breakthrough, and oh my god did I fall in love with having that extra firepower just a few quick fire modes away. However, I do hope the Devs are keeping a close eye on the stats of this thing and whatever future Underslungs they may add. That extra firepower should not also come with more beneficial stats than the Grips & Bipods do for their general performances. Trade off is key!

New Vehicle Turrets

Between the new Turrets for the IFVs & AFVs and the SPAAG turret for the Leo Tank. I'm absolutely just salivating at the idea of new toys to test out on my Vehicles. Hopefully I will get to test these things at some point beyond having @TCPPolak drive up in his Gepard to let me shoot it for a little bit. Poor Helicopters are going to get turned into swiss cheese real quick once that Gepard unleashes it's anger upon them.

New Vehicle Armors

Much like the Turrets, I haven't been able to test them just yet. But, more is more in my opinion and it's nice to have more options. Now to just be able to test said options...

New UI

Still formulating a solid opinion on this. But, I can say right now it's mostly mixed with things I like & don't like.

General Game Performance

I've noticed a variety of first time bugs for me this go around. One was prior to the Six12 getting turned off which made it so I could not switch back to my primary weapon after switching to my secondary, another was being unable to Deploy on the map after getting killed in Breakthrough, and another that has been sticking with me so far is the inability to see my 4th Strike in my loadout no matter if I'm in Warzone or Breakthrough. I will be tampering with my loadouts here in awhile, so maybe something will get fixed. Bugs aside though, performance seems about the same for me overall currently.

---

The hour has grown late for me though and wanted to test a few things before getting to sleep. Just wanted to post a basic feedback for now and edit the post later rather than making multiple posts in this feedback. So, expect edits to come after getting some testing in and rest!

20 hours ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

New turrets and an underbarrel shotgun? Those are not in the patch notes are they? 

They may have been mistakenly put in or just not covered by sheer accident. But, the Six12 is in the game files and the new turrets can be played on the PTE right now.

Edited by Dunabar
  • Thanks 1

I'm fairly sure those new additions are not yet fully done, that's why we hid the shotgun (it has some bugs and obviously balancing). Don't worry, they'll be here as soon as we are sure they work ^^

1. DZIURA - Na Warszawie jest dziura (brakuje chyba drzwi garażowych - nie wiem do końca bo było ciemno), można spaść pod mapę - sreny z podpisem "dziura". 

2. KRZAKI - czy można usunąć krzaki w Warszawie (kilka z nich zaznaczyłem na screnach z podpisem "krzaki" ) ? Dziady w czasie obrony tam podchodzą i "kampią" - nie widać ich a po 5 zgonie robi się to frustrujące.

3. CIEMNA OPTYKA , coś się stało z optyką - stała się  przyciemniona co nie jest komfortowe a jak się doda jeszcze problemy ze światłem (zbyt ciemne lub zbyt jasne miejsca), to  zaczyna się robić frustrujące. 

4.INFORMACJA - brakuje mi informacji o tym co się aktualnie robi (wiem, ze w lewym dolnym rogu jest napisana nasza rola atak/obrona) ale to za mało. Sam potrzebowałem ok godziny aby to odkryć, wiele osób pytało się co mają robić. Przydał by się jakiś komunikat (np. atakuj przekaźniki/ broń przekaźników). Dodatkowo przydał by się jakiś alarm gdy przekaźnik jest uzbrojony (chodzi mi o dźwięk oraz czerwone światło).

5. Koniecznie gdy jakaś drużyna utraci przekaźniki np. A1, A2 to strefa B1,B2 powinna być zablokowana przez ok 30 sekund dla atakujących. Ile razy po utraci przekaźników w kilka sekund okazywało się, ze kolejne są już uzbrojone . . . musi to być zmienione :)  

6. Pierwszy raz się spotkałem aby przekaźniki w takich trybach były na otwartej przestrzeni, powinno się je schować do budynków. . . w przeciwnym razie atakujący mają przesrane i są wystawieni jak kaczki na odstrzał. 

7. Czy da się zablokować widoczność postaci które stoją w dymie lub za dymem przez noktowizję ? To dotyczy całej gry, ktoś się napracuje zadymi obszar/korytarz a cwaniaki z noktowizją i tak wszystko widzą.  

8. Optymalizacja gry trochę padła :/ ale zapewne optymalizacją będziecie się przejmować później . . . :)

9. Kilka crashy (na ok 5h grania było z 6-7), raporty zostały za każdym razem wysłane.

10. Dowódcza może nam rozkazać obronę przekaźnika mimo, że to my atakujemy. Dzieje się tak gdy rozwalimy np. A1 a zostało jeszcze A2. Dowódzca może rozkazać obornę przekaźnika A1  co jeszcze bardziej dezorientuje .

11. Ogólnie trochę za dużo kampienia w tym trybie dlatego należy wprowadzić wiele poprawek, przede wszystkim zmienić lokalizację przekaźników. Na dolej jest jeszcze jeden scren z Berlina gdzie atakując mało co człowiek się nie zagotował. Długi i odkryty dystans do A1 oraz wąski korytarz na A2 okazywał się sieczką nie do przejścia. Drużyna to wykorzystała i zaczęła campić na masową skalę. 

Podsumowując bardzo fajny tryb,  dużo się dzieje i gra dużo zyska . Wystarczy wprowadzić kilka drobnych zmian :)

20191025220356_1.jpg

20191026124544_1.jpg

20191028211353_1.jpg

20191028211358_1.jpg

20191028211405_1.jpg

20191028211409_1.jpg

20191028211449_1.jpg

20191028211451_1.jpg

20191028211535_1.jpg

20191028211919_1.jpg

Almost everyone are discussing the Breakthrough mode. But IMO much more important changes were done and devs were silent about this. So hear me out:

in 0.8PTE patch there is finally added and working Horizontal Recoil!

And it affects gunplay and gameplay much more than u would think initially.

For example machineguns. If u want to run'n'gun with MGs u need to choose grip with horizontal recoil reduction. But for MGs the only one grip that isn't blocked by the foregrips is the UKM Angle Grip. For example MG5. U can attach Angle grip to it and have decent dispersion of bullets, but the vertical recoil is now that big that if u aren't accustomed to it u can simply sent 3-4 bullets above the target before u'll compensate the recoil. Same is for SA80 with Potato grips. If u are not that good with compensating recoil u can choose Monster grip and attach it to ur MG5. Now ur bullets don't fly higher than target but the horizontal dispersion is now close to that of shotgun. And u have to thoroughly test how ur gun is behaving now before choosing the grip. Yes Juno grip is still very good grip, but for some weapons NOW it is not best grip.

So it's time for testing the behavior of guns in the new reality of Working Horizontal Recoil. 

IMO it's much more important change than introduction of Breakthrough mode. 

Some idiots low experience players were saying that grips in WW3 are only visual and have no effect on weapon handling...  Would it be enough to shut their mouths?..

• Like 1

1 час назад, tynblpb сказал:

Some idiots low experience players were saying that grips in WW3 are only visual and have no effect on weapon handling...  Would it be enough to shut their mouths?..

We still have absurd amount of sway. I'm not against it at all, it's realistic and makes snipers less OP. But can it be limited for amount of BF3-4, for example. Also, I have no information about spread. Does it even exist in the game?

And random side kicks? Is there any point of them with introducing  of horizontal recoil.

5 часов назад, †FeuerEuphorie† сказал:

We still have absurd amount of sway. I'm not against it at all, it's realistic and makes snipers less OP. But can it be limited for amount of BF3-4, for example. Also, I have no information about spread. Does it even exist in the game?

And random side kicks? Is there any point of them with introducing  of horizontal recoil.

Don't have any problems withside kicks and sway. So don't care. Those who don't like sway can lie down and there would be almost no sway.

Edit. Now in PTE too...

20191029001446_1.thumb.jpg.da77139f0a84a72f47a3de40c829ce79.jpg

Edited by tynblpb