Rozmo

Feedback on update 0.8

The icon that shows points on the map is a bit flawed when capturing. The area that gets filled on the icon clearly has boundaries lower and higher than the icon itself. In the picture attached, I have not yet captured this point, but it may look like it because the circle has been filled. It took approximately fifteen circles from a completely blue icon to actually result in a captured point for a one man capture. This could result in players inadvertently leaving points uncapped and would be very annoying for those who aren't used to the game.

20191030123745_1.thumb.jpg.79d061b945af5b66ea717cdaf54ccb95.jpg

• Like 2

Loitering Ammo dealing ~80dmg when hitting the rear of the tank and more than 50 when hitting the front... Is it intended?

If yes - I'm Suicide Drone man again!ūü§ė

Or is it a bug?

On 10/31/2019 at 4:06 PM, tynblpb said:

Loitering Ammo dealing ~80dmg when hitting the rear of the tank and more than 50 when hitting the front... Is it intended?

If yes - I'm Suicide Drone man again!ūü§ė

Or is it a bug?

We've decided to split the funtionality of SD and Quadrocopter, and make SD a dedicated inti-vehicle weapon and Quadro an anti-personnel one, so this is intended. The damage values will surely be changed, but that's how it should work.

• Thanks 1

Also the circular capturing icon is very low resolution compared to the square icons that show your captured points. Optics are also still very low res. 

Moving vehicle's icon on the compass that shows direction of the vehicle,¬†even if u don't see it, is kinda WALLHACKISH?ūüėē

compassicon.gif.ab3f50052896ee50a2a7fd15f2784216.gif

Edited by tynblpb
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/9/2019 at 7:00 PM, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

Just as 3D spotting and hitmarkers.

3D spotting was removed from normal player marking and is now only available with UAVs, but you seem to forget about that one ;)

Also, the marker on compass should only be visible if the vehicle is marked by someone else, not always.

• Thanks 1

31 –ľ–ł–Ĺ—É—ā—É –Ĺ–į–∑–į–ī, Ragir —Ā–ļ–į–∑–į–Ľ:

Also, the marker on compass should only be visible if the vehicle is marked by someone else, not always.

Should be. But the default vehicles have their icons on the compass from the start of the game. And the icon on the gif

compassicon.gif

belongs to the tank that retreated to base and then returned to B1 where I was waiting for it. I didn't see him for more than 3 minutes. It was default tank though. 

So I have huge doubts that icons on compass are disappearing after the time for spot expires. I'll  try to test it later but from my experience it's kinda bugged.

On the same gif can be seen icon of the quad bike. It was staying on Smolensk C2 CP for more than 10 mins since I committed suicide and leave it there. And it is overlapping with the icons of enemy vehicles that are on the base.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

So I have huge doubts that icons on compass are disappearing after the time for spot expires.

They might not tbh, this is something new and might be still bugged, we'll check it out.

7 —á–į—Ā–ĺ–≤ –Ĺ–į–∑–į–ī, tynblpb —Ā–ļ–į–∑–į–Ľ:

On the same gif can be seen icon of the quad bike. It was staying on Smolensk C2 CP for more than 10 mins since I committed suicide and leave it there. And it is overlapping with the icons of enemy vehicles that are on the base.

I was mistaken. It wasn't mine quad bike that was shown on compass. It's enemy's vehicle that is shown on compass as empty when players leave it. And yes game is rly showing where default vehicles from the enemy base are heading.

compassicons.gif.78054bc1a131cd432d862b1c295114f6.gif

• Thanks 1

DEVS, REDUCE PLZ 12.7 HMG'S DMG TO STATIONS. IT'S GAMEBREAKING.

14 PRE BULLET IS TOO HIGH. LET IT BE 3-5 MAX.

My other feedback will be later.

Upd. I'm fool.ūüė©¬†It should be in Breakthrough theme.

Edited by tynblpb

Kinda disappointed that the playercount wasn't increased to 30 or something. Still think the gamemode would be better with 30 people, 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 10:21 PM, Salt Lord said:

Still think the gamemode would be better with 30 people, 

It's not, we've tested it :P

Btw, we've figured out the lag issue, the workaround is to wait 3s before respawning and it should go away.

Remove sway and you will probably get some players back and retain them. Right now the game is pretty dead going from high 20's to 110's in playercount.
The guns used to feel good a year ago, now they feel like trash. Gunplay is the most important part of a FPS.

So far every thing the devs do to fix the player count issue like optimization, didn't work. The player count doesn't change based on if the game is well optimized or not.
Animations wont bring back or keep players playing, either. Good responsive gameplay will.

Come on think logically the game used to be great. Why is sway even a thing, That's what simulation games do to lower the skill ceiling. Fighting against the game more then the other players with sway.

• Thanks 1

I do not often agree with TZoning but I second the suggestion to remove at least the strong horizontal component of the scope sway. ^^

• Like 1

33 –ľ–ł–Ĺ—É—ā—č –Ĺ–į–∑–į–ī, HeiligeRobbe —Ā–ļ–į–∑–į–Ľ:

I do not often agree with TZoning but I second the suggestion to remove at least the strong horizontal component of the scope sway. ^^

I played some BF3 few days ago (Noshahr Canals), and I think, amount of sway in BF3 is nice (very little for low-middle magnification scopes, doing impact only on far ranges). For sniper rifles current sway seems good.

Another thing, which I must admit, is colourful picture of BF3, even with infamous blue filter. Graphics in WW3 is good, but only for nearest 5-10 meters, further, all soldiers models look absolutely gray. Lighting is bad too. I really think, that WW3 is game, that will have heavy impact from RTX support, both increasing clear vision, friend-foe identification, and fix lighting.

• Like 2

My main problem with the sway is the very easy to control recoil at the same time. In Mil Sims the recoil tends to be more significant so on longer ranges accurate fire is still incentivized. In WW3 you can circumvent the high sway by happily holding LMB - you will likely land more hits faster than someone going for tap firing on ranges where semi auto should in my opinion be the go to option. This is personal but to me it feels too easy to shoot accurately on ranges in full-auto and artificially dificult to do so in semi-auto.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:27 AM, Ragir said:

I'm fairly sure those new additions are not yet fully done, that's why we hid the shotgun (it has some bugs and obviously balancing). Don't worry, they'll be here as soon as we are sure they work ^^

Will the animations come to PTE next week? 

On 1/4/2020 at 3:57 AM, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

I really think, that WW3 is game, that will have heavy impact from RTX support, both increasing clear vision, friend-foe identification, and fix lighting.

WW3 has some of the best anti-aliasing implementation I have seen in modern games. The difference between low and high is massive, on ultra, very few jaggies appear and the image is very crisp. However, this game lacks good tessellation and most textures are fairly low quality, hope that changes some day. The current "Ultra" should be mid-high setting, we need a minimum of 2k textures for "Ultra." 

• Like 1

10 –ľ–ł–Ĺ—É—ā –Ĺ–į–∑–į–ī, Artaxiad300062 —Ā–ļ–į–∑–į–Ľ:

most textures are fairly low quality, hope that changes some day. The current "Ultra" should be mid-high setting, we need a minimum of 2k textures for "Ultra." 

The problem is that currently Textures on Medium require 3.3 GB VRAM on WZ map. When it's High it's 3.9-4GB and game starts to stutter a little. Majority of Videocards have 4Gb VRAM on board. Can someone explain me is it possible to increase detalization without requiring 8GB videocards?

Edited by tynblpb

On 1/10/2020 at 1:45 PM, tynblpb said:

The problem is that currently Textures on Medium require 3.3 GB VRAM on WZ map. When it's High it's 3.9-4GB and game starts to stutter a little. Majority of Videocards have 4Gb VRAM on board. Can someone explain me is it possible to increase detalization without requiring 8GB videocards?

You don't necessarily need more than 4Gb to run textures which demand more, alot of that workload is shared by your Ram, although it is optimal for the video card itself to handle all the textures, it's not a big problem if it does not. I run MHW over 60fps when the texture pack apparently requires 6-7Gbs of Vram, when I only have 4Gb. The stutter in WW3 shouldn't really be there, it is an optimization issue.  

• Like 1