tynblpb

CoD MW 2019 and russian's hate.

Was following this year's CoD as it supposedly should destroy all upcoming FPS hopes for high sales. Have tried beta multiplayer. Wasn't impressed. Then watched the singleplayer trailers with so called "white helmets" and russian Su-25 bombing the convoy. I was: what, again "bad russians"?

But no, IW promised us that there would be no black&white this year. They'll show us "grey morality". Okaaay, we'll look.

So, yesterday I was watching few streams of CoD MW 2019. And I'm sure as the majority of russians I was: well, WTF is this shit?..

I wouldn't say that there was no need in attacking bases and stealing the chlorine gas or whatever as it can be easily produced if u have enough salt and electricity.

But how russians where portrayed. It's unacceptable. And I'm not talking about it being unacceptable in game. It's unacceptable for majority of russians to act like it was shown in game by themselves.

"Russians do not fight with civils." It's an unspoken rule. So no killing women and children.  And we see hanging the civilians because someone killed the russian soldiers.

And this how soviet citizens were executed by fascists and their allies during occupation in WW2 if some of them were killed by partizans.

1 thing. Russian execution is only shooting. The only times when hanging was performed it is for a short time after WW2 when the citizens that were guilty in mass murders in collaboration with german fascists were executed. So it would work as the reminder that there is no forgiveness for betrayal and murdering the civilians.

And when u r showing russian this scene it is the same as calling them fascists. I could not find easier way to make us mad.

And it was the only 1 scene in the 2nd mission.

Also, if I'm not mistaken russians were raping women. Another one popular myth about russians being rapists with its epitome:

2 mlns raped german women during WW2.

There is funny arithmetic about how this number appeared. If somebody wants I can translate. There was death penalty for raping and a limited numbers of soviet soldiers were executed. So, since then rape is rly unwelcomed in soviet/russian army.

Catching children to use them as the human shield just like german fascists were doing it in WW2.

Gas attacks. The only time when russians were using chemical weapon is the times of WW1. But it when it was used by everyone else, so it's when everyone are equally guilty.

And against civilians? Absolutely no.

Russians do not like "white helmets" for participating in staged attack with "chemical" weapons? How to disguise them? Painting "white helmets" with green paint in version that is for Ru region players would definitely work!

Ehm, RLY?

Oh, I see,  they are "green casks" not "white helmets"! All is good now.

Highway of death... Originally attack of USA AF now is the russians doing.  Well, okay.

Russian army in all other versions. "Barkov's ppl" in russian version. Hmm... Okay.

Someone can say: It's only a game! Why u have to be mad?

Or someone else can say: it is not all the russians who are bad. It's only a group of mercenaries who are lead by russian general that act like this and are bad!

And here ppl are missing few things. Russian generals can use their military forces only when executing orders. Yes, it can be in wide limits but only when government has given them right and order. No order - no soldiers to command. And no armored vehicles. Especially if we are talking about invading countries.

-But they are mercenaries!

Mercenary activities in Russia are prohibited and count as criminal act. So if u see any group of Russia citizens that are performing mercenary duties it means that it was "approved" by russian government and they are acting in the interests of Russia. More or less. Especially when they have aerial support.

And returning now to CoD MW  2019.

All the sane russian players see that game is clearly dehumanizing them, showing how the large group of russian warriors under command of the russian general are acting like fascists, without any sane reason killing civilians including women and children while using chemical weapon.

Russian army is acting like fascists.

That's what we see here. Thank u IW and Activision.

I decided to make this long post, because I didn't see that even single western commentator/streamer understands what he is seeing on the screen. Everybody was just saying about how deep was campaign and how it shows the horror of war and blablabla.

Mb westerners see here the group of bad russians and don't think that all russians are bad. But for us, russians, it's no less than spit in the face and a clear insult.

Sorry for all this speech but I needed to vent a little.  Mb if someone was wondering why are those russians bombing CoD MW rating, they  now would know why.

Edited by tynblpb

naah, same sh!t everytime. Russains are invaders-psychopats. You had to get used to it. But tbh i dont care about CoD plot (what sounds funny) - it always looks like a 3rd grade action movie with all these cliches. For me new cod is "x2 speed warface" - just add Benny Hill theme on it and its complete!

Since the start we specifically didn't want to specify who started WW3 in our game, the lore is basically "there was tension, fighting broke out on multiple fronts". We can see how Russians get the short end of the stick in most games, so we didn't want to go with the obvious - though not having a singleplayer campaign makes this easy. There's East / West, but nobody is branded the 'good' and 'bad' guys, at least that's the idea :P

I'm a bit surprised by the one-sidedness of the new CoD, I also heard they were going for the more balanced storytelling, that's a shame tbh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Ragir said:

Since the start we specifically didn't want to specify who started WW3 in our game, the lore is basically "there was tension, fighting broke out on multiple fronts". We can see how Russians get the short end of the stick in most games, so we didn't want to go with the obvious - though not having a singleplayer campaign makes this easy. There's East / West, but nobody is branded the 'good' and 'bad' guys, at least that's the idea :P

I'm a bit surprised by the one-sidedness of the new CoD, I also heard they were going for the more balanced storytelling, that's a shame tbh.

Well all know it was germany again :  ) 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Salt Lord said:

Well all know it was germany again :  ) 

thats just German tradition :D (no offence, just joking)

5 hours ago, Ragir said:

What about the zombie looking posters scattered around? Or is that propaganda or something portraying soldiers in a bad way?

On 10/28/2019 at 4:35 PM, Matt_dOvale said:

What about the zombie looking posters scattered around? Or is that propaganda or something portraying soldiers in a bad way?

Didn't notice them tbh, can you post a screenshot? Got over 1kh in the game since it is on Steam, but I didn't see those :P

@Ragir 

These kind of posters and banners:
Rally people to join the army on Berlin BRE:

Spoiler

20191105153403_1.thumb.jpg.dffd2aed85461bf8d4a8512c8bac5d33.jpg

Some random posters of soldiers (here: Berlin BRE):

Spoiler

20191105153339_1.thumb.jpg.e9391a10a3cff297b0f283baf91c0fdd.jpg

And finally, the zombie graffiti (Warsaw C location, this SS is on Warsaw BRE):

20191105153732_1.thumb.jpg.aa748fe823b534e335838c06250b8b34.jpg

It says "people rise up" next to it, suggesting a civil war or riots and civil unrest

I don't really know the genesis of those, that's on the level designers and artists, I strongly doubt there's any real meaning behind it, but I might be wrong.

Would be funny if this game blows up to see people overreading this whole thing

"Polish based development studio makes war game with roots in civil unrest: why politics have gone too far!!"

All jokes aside though, there are definitely partizan forces in different countries that would attempt propaganda campaigns in the event of a large scale war, and it's not unrealistic to have posters for different militias or movements around the maps.

On 11/9/2019 at 1:29 AM, nubbits said:

All jokes aside though, there are definitely partizan forces in different countries that would attempt propaganda campaigns in the event of a large scale war, and it's not unrealistic to have posters for different militias or movements around the maps.

Makes sense to me. And if someone wants to blow this out of proportion, be my guest, more eyes on the game :P

Maybe you could have a meta meta narrative where World War Three is started by tensions that arose from people playing a video game called WW3 that made them fight each other

• Haha 1