Please, add patch version in brackets "[ ]" when making a new thread at front of the title of the topic. Example - [0.1.2], [0.1.5], [0.6.7]. Not needed for two-digit patch versions like [0.1] as each patch have own forum section.
tynblpb

[0.8] Bipods are useless as they don't decrease horizontal recoil.

No point in having bipod and lying down with ANY weapon that has automatic fire mode. On pic below we can see 100 rounds burst from Pecheneg. Generally it si moving to the right. But when shooting it has kicks to the left.  And in comparison to the 0.6 bipoded firing current horizontal recoil makes it unplayable. 

I think bipods should decrease horizontal recoil too or the would be close to zero meaning in attaching them. Tried bipods with various weapons. If it has low horizontal recoil like SA80, then u can try to attach bipod to it. If it something like AK Alpha - bipod is utterly useless.

bipodedpecheneg08.jpg.542af43bf2c551faf24dc8757d33cb0c.jpg

Ak Alpha bipoded...

akalphabipod08.gif.dfb203ed1c68051e9f485caa3a5dea31.gif

Edited by tynblpb

It might be a bug, I've sent it to the designers to check out.

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry if I'm being annoying, but if bipods are working incorrectly could the works of fixing them be moved higher in the shedule?

It's just was already a habit of mine running with bipod but now I can't😭 as it's migrated to Live.

Edited by tynblpb

@Borreh, sorry for bothering, but seeing u being active on the forum, I just can't not to ask:

There still is normal not reduced, horizontal recoil when lying down bipoded. It's almost half of a year since I've stopped using bipods. Can something be done with it sooner than later or it depends on works of movement/animation?

@Borreh, sorry for bothering, but seeing u being active on the forum, I just can't not to ask:

There still is normal not reduced, horizontal recoil when lying down bipoded. It's almost half of a year since I've stopped using bipods. Can something be done with it sooner than later or it depends on works of movement/animation?

We'll be doing a major balance pass once the new anim system is done and we'll add vertical recoil reduction, it's a major oversight it's not there.

13 минут назад, Borreh сказал:

We'll be doing a major balance pass once the new anim system is done and we'll add vertical recoil reduction, it's a major oversight it's not there.

Emm, mb horizontal? 😟

Yeah, sorry, my mistake :P OFC I meant horizontal.

• Thanks 1