Jump to content
Chef_Scott

Damage Through Buildings

Recommended Posts

I would love to see some of the damage from artillery and airstrikes go through buildings, even if the environment isn't destructible like battlefield and such, I think it would help gameplay a lot if the damage from these incredibly powerful attacks wasn't negated by standing inside a flimsy grocery store. Similar to Insurgency Sandstorm the damage taken could be reduced significant by going low to the floor and moving away from doors and windows. Have kind of an AOE to the damage that would go through ceilings that way air striking a building isn't a complete waste if the enemy is indoors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a suggestion in June about reworking bomb/arti strikes so they would penetrate roofs with 50% chance... Almost no reaction. But I still voted Yes here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think bullet penetration needs more work but strikes going through buildings is a bad idea. Killing a player in a place where he thinks he should be safe isn't fun. Besides where could you hide at that point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 час назад, NeoOrNeon сказал:

Besides where could you hide at that point?

Under the ground. No underground hideout - be prepared. It's bomb/artillery strikes. 

1 час назад, †FeuerEuphorie† сказал:

I'd support this, if spamming of strikes will be reduced.

Spamming is in CoD:MW Ground War. In WW3 strikes are nothing extraordinar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NeoOrNeon said:

I think bullet penetration needs more work but strikes going through buildings is a bad idea. Killing a player in a place where he thinks he should be safe isn't fun. Besides where could you hide at that point?

You could also hide in buildings that have multiple stories or just go prone to avoid most of the damage, it wouldn't be full blast either, just enough that if people are sprinting around in the middle of a strike they regret it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Chef_Scott said:

You could also hide in buildings that have multiple stories or just go prone to avoid most of the damage, it wouldn't be full blast either, just enough that if people are sprinting around in the middle of a strike they regret it

I like the prone idea actually. You hear the coms tell you about the enemy strike and just get away from windows and get down. Even more so this would make jamming the area before launching an airstrike ideal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice idea but newcomers will whine a lot like "how TF it has killed me inside!!111 game is broken!1111"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Atway said:

nice idea but newcomers will whine a lot like "how TF it has killed me inside!!111 game is broken!1111"

This argument stands for a lot of things, we need a tutorial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NeoOrNeon said:

This argument stands for a lot of things, we need a tutorial.

Very true. Something simple that would go over strikes, basic weapon handling, the fancy crouch runs, and most importantly how to type angry trolling in chat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tutorials will come and are already planned, some are being done, both in video and text versions - the problem is that we have to have the game finished, so we don't have to waste time on redoing them if something changes.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ragir said:

Tutorials will come and are already planned, some are being done, both in video and text versions - the problem is that we have to have the game finished, so we don't have to waste time on redoing them if something changes.

Ahh very good point. Especially if gameplay things change it would suck to redo all that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...