JBoy007

SERVER ROTATION

Question

Guys loving the game! Our aim here is to make a good game great.

Are your developers actually reading and actioning these suggestions and posts?

Third attempt to get this actioned:

Map Rotation - this is an important one guys. It get boring staying on the one map. We love your maps we should be able to auto rotate from one map to the next. This is particularly relevant as we currently have to search for low ping servers, once we are into a low ping server we don’t want to change.

The Combat Helicopter appears very over powered.

4 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, JBoy007 said:

Map Rotation - this is an important one guys. It get boring staying on the one map. We love your maps we should be able to auto rotate from one map to the next. This is particularly relevant as we currently have to search for low ping servers, once we are into a low ping server we don’t want to change.

Map Rotation is already in. The problem is that somewhere between the servers there is some technical nonsense taking place that is causing Players to get what is called the Infinite Loading Screen Bug. I've had times where I've loaded in just fine and times I've had to alt+f4 out. Alti+f4ing being the most common of those two in my experience.

8 minutes ago, JBoy007 said:

The Combat Helicopter appears very over powered.

Actually I'd argue it's very under powered now. It got nerfed hard in the last update to the point that just a little attention from high caliber fire will ensure that the Helicopter Drone is in the scrap heap and it's moving slower now which means it's not at all hard to hit anymore.

Edited by Dunabar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dunabar said:

Map Rotation is already in. The problem is that somewhere between the servers there is some technical nonsense taking place that is causing Players to get what is called the Infinite Loading Screen Bug. I've had times where I've loaded in just fine and times I've had to alt+f4 out. Alti+f4ing being the most common of those two in my experience.

Actually I'd argue it's very under powered now. It got nerfed hard in the last update to the point that just a little attention from high caliber fire will ensure that the Helicopter Drone is in the scrap heap and it's moving slower now which means it's not at all hard to hit anymore.

Thanks Dunabar can't reconcile the rotation issue however will check on return to my gaming PC away at present...thanks for the timely feedback. 

We are reading them and we are implementing changes based on player suggestions. The map rotation is currently in 0.7, but it's not finished, we're tracking down the issues with it. As for the Heli Drone, it's been nerfed to the ground and will be balanced back up rather than the opposite. You can read more here:

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 8:23 PM, Dunabar said:

I know discussing this is a massive can of worms, but the main problem with the heli is that its usefulness changes map by map. On Moscow it can actually hit one of the vehicle repair stations, which is way too OP. However the more open nature of the map means that for most heli pilots more time is spent moving back to their repair station than actually playing.

This is also, of course, a different situation when you have a full EU/NA server. On AS/OC server pool we get a maximum of 15 players on a match, and the balance is completely different, so I'm willing to concede that I could be completely wrong on this one.