Sign in to follow this  
NeoOrNeon

[Heli Drone Balance] Heli drone is to weak now

Question

I will admit that I got way to many unfair kills with the drone but those days are over. Now with the base 5000 cost and the additional 1500 for rocket (with reduced splash) the heli is to expensive and to weak to actually be a viable option for the battlefield. I can get way more done on the ground with my rifle. I don't have anymore suggestions for balance at this point so I wanted to make a post to pool some ideas.

4 answers to this question

I think you can keep the chopper kinda op, it just needs to not be able to get repaired IMO.

That was my main complain back in the day at least

I think the heli is mostly okay, the main issue, as I've said before, is that its balance is entirely decided by the map. On Berlin especially, there is a lot of cover it can hide behind that allows for the domination of B points and easy cover nearby. And on Moscow, a heli can even hit one of the repair stations, which is obviously way underbalanced (@Ragir I try not to tag but this really needs to be fixed in some way). Thought I could get my IFV repaired but then got bombarded with rockets.

Also, IFV cannons seem to only deal 5 heli damage when I managed to hit it, which is ridiculous considering that is equal damage to that done by 3-4 .308 rounds.

On 11/10/2019 at 11:17 AM, nubbits said:

heli can even hit one of the repair stations, which is obviously way underbalanced

This will be fixed by reducing the time rockets can travel through restricted zones. All other balancing will also be done before 1.0, we know it has problems.