Sign in to follow this  
taran-od

great looking game but......

Question

Been awhile since I looked at ww3, it is one great looking game, well done devs

which is held back by the crazy game modes, running back and forth between the objectives, overly massive customizations and points micro system, too many vehicles you need infantry only, stupid narrator spam,  and tiny player base less than 100 players in europe on a  sunday afternoon,  no real voice com system, no body uses it to co ordinate and every body out for themselves, it is run and gun....

its a great shame if you changed the game modes to be less back and forth slowed it down and encouraged teamwork and comms, removed all the airstrike. uav spam.

it would appeal to so many more players

6 answers to this question

13 hours ago, taran-od said:

running back and forth between the objectives

There will be put more emphasis on defending objectives in the future.

13 hours ago, taran-od said:

no real voice com system, no body uses it to co ordinate and every body out for themselves, it is run and gun

Go join a clan and play with them for squad teamwork, you can't blame the players for playing a certain way. Devs tried to push people into teamwork using different methods like people really needing ammobags to resuppply teammates, but even then people would still run around on their own with a ammobag equipped and complaining about the tiny amount of starting ammo.

Even playing with just one friend increases teamwork so much it's insane. I wish the comms system would be pushed more so more people know about it. I still think it should have a comms system like Squad.

This topic seems a bit more fitting for the General section than the Suggestion section. But, I will bite anyways and see if we can make it more into a suggestion post.

On 11/10/2019 at 2:06 PM, taran-od said:

which is held back by the crazy game modes, running back and forth between the objectives

Question - How would you suggest fixing this?

I ask because-

1. Warzone by it's very nature and design demands a lot of running back & forward between objectives depending on the players involved in it. It's worked for Battlefield's Conquest game mode, it's worked for Call of Duty's (Insert whatever name it goes by now here), it worked for Homefront's version of conquest, and it has worked for others. So what exactly is crazy about it?
  2. Team Deathmatch is admittedly a lot more crazy, so I see some room here where the term fits pretty well. But, much like Warzone, other games have done this game mode before, it's pretty much the Ancient Game Mode of Game Modes in the world of FPS games. Ultimately it's only objective is just; Kill the enemy and don't die, no objectives to run back & forward between.
  3. Breakthrough is just basically a slightly better Battlefield Rush right now and it's just about the least "crazy" of the game modes there is. It's objective is simple - Attackers attempt to push the Defenders back and destroy Objective Points. Defenders attempt to hold them.

As for Recon I'm not one of it's Testers, so I cannot say anything about it, and those that are Recon Testers are under NDA.

overly massive customizations and points micro system

I ask because WW3 tends to be regularly praised for it's customization options, so trying to limit it seems more like a detriment for the game than a benefit as far as I can see. What do you mean also with the Points Micro System? I think I know, but I rather not assume.

too many vehicles you need infantry only

1. Team Deathmatch is already Infantry only.
  2. Warzone was designed around using Vehicles and has already had it's Vehicle count reduced to where it is now. Any less and you might as well just push for a Infantry only Objective based game mode or a Infantry only Warzone game mode.
  3. Breakthrough has a 4x4 Commando that gets blown up in 2-3 RPGs, a moderately harmless Respawn Vehicle, and allows players to call in Vehicles if they manage to earn the BP. The Strike Vehicles are also a moderately rare sight to see on Breakthrough and they have limited operational room to really stretch their legs sort of speak.

Again, I cannot say anything about Recon.

stupid narrator spam

Hasn't seemed like a problem to me personally. But, if that really is a issue, by all means I'm in support of it being fixed.

tiny player base less than 100 players in europe on a  sunday afternoon

• Market the game? People gripe the game has poor performance and isn't optimized well enough. The company doesn't want to market the game till it's in better shape and final optimization won't happen till the game is on the cusp of being released out of early access. So, if the game isn't performing as well as it should and the game starts getting some serious marketing put behind it, how well do you expect the game to do at that point in generating more players?
  • Push for Final Optimization? The Developers still have a considerable chunk of non-optimization related stuff to add to the game. Doing a lot of optimizing work right now and then adding stuff could very well cause a lot of that optimization work to go to waste. The game also just upgraded to a new engine, it's possible a considerable chunk of optimization that went into 0.6 was lost in 0.7 after the upgrade.
  • Free Weekends? Already in planning and the company seems to prefer hosting these when there is something new to show. Right now, there isn't a lot of new stuff to show at the moment. But, there is a good chunk of stuff coming.
  • Make the game Free to Play? Do you want Cheaters to have an easy path back to WW3? Because that is basically what happens with Free to Play games. That and a lot of Micro transactions.

This is overall a very complex issue and it's not one where the blame sits purely at the feet of the Game or the Developers. When Players come on to these forums, go on the Steam discussion, and wherever else to go "Lolol WW3 is a Dead Game", "Dead game, dumb Devs, don't waste your money", or whatever sort of destructive approach they choose to take. They're not helping things anymore than the Bugs, poor performance, and etc of the game. Hell when Players refuse to play because of low player count, they're adding to the issue as well. Does WW3 run perfectly? No. Does it need work? Of course! Can it become tiresome of trying to play the game when nobody else seems to want to? Of course, how could it not? Are the Developers and the game above criticism? Of course not. Do some Players have legit good reasons for not playing? Of course! Do some Players have very stupid reasons for not playing? You bet!

So, I ask again just to drive this home - How would you suggest fixing this?

no real voice com system, no body uses it to co ordinate and every body out for themselves, it is run and gun....

As far as I can see, this is a Player issue primarily. There are gameplay choices that have been made that do not help this either. But, the blame does seem to be primarily in the camp of the Players.

its a great shame if you changed the game modes to be less back and forth slowed it down and encouraged teamwork and comms, removed all the airstrike. uav spam.

it would appeal to so many more players

1. What changes to the game modes would you suggest making to make them less back and forth?
  2. How would you suggest slowing the gameplay down?
  3. How would you suggest encouraging teamwork and communication?
  4. Why should all the airstrikes be removed?
  5. What do you suggest to fix UAV spam?
  6. Different strokes for different folks. I'm not against there being more Infantry only game modes or players wanting more of them. But, if WW3 went 100% Infantry only across the board. People like me would be out of here in no time flat and I can promise I would leave both this Game & the Company a very negative review.
Edited by Dunabar

13 hours ago, Dunabar said:

As for Recon I'm not one of it's Testers, so I cannot say anything about it, and those that are Recon Testers are under NDA.

Can't tell you anything I know about Recon because the devs are very strict with policing the NDA (completely reasonable on their part), but there's a bunch of public information that's come out that is pretty interesting if you're paying attention.

image.thumb.png.ff7af523c76d9126a267f11bbaa2e23e.png

47 minutes ago, nubbits said:

Can't tell you anything I know about Recon because the devs are very strict with policing the NDA (completely reasonable on their part), but there's a bunch of public information that's come out that is pretty interesting if you're paying attention.

image.thumb.png.ff7af523c76d9126a267f11bbaa2e23e.png

Yeah I've known this stuff. I just don't know anything about what is and isn't possible to do in the game mode as I'm not one of the testers is all. :)

15 minutes ago, Dunabar said:

Yeah I've known this stuff. I just don't know anything about what is and isn't possible to do in the game mode as I'm not one of the testers is all. :)

What is possible: being epic as heck

What isn't possible: not being entertained

Edited by nubbits
  • Like 1

I think everything has been said by @Dunabar on this matter, some of your points are valid and we're working on them, some might be a bit misguided. Thanks for the kinda warm words, though!

• Thanks 1