Sign in to follow this  
nubbits

[ATTACHMENTS] Bonuses for stock/no stock

Hey guys,

Just a really simple one here. I thought maybe it would be cool to have recoil reduction for a stock in exchange for increased weight. I never really use the "no stock" option on any of my builds but may consider it if it could reduce the weight, and this would also allow players to choose if they want a lightweight weapon or an accurate one.

And nobody would gonna use "no stock" loadout if it would increase recoil/spread/etc.

Let dem attachments be attachments, and bodyparts be bodyparts.

If they were to go down this path and didn't want to make a overly complex system. I wouldn't mind if they did something like this-

Please note: Numbers are JUST for the sake of the example.

1. Heavy Stocks
    • All Heavy Stocks would-
      • Reduced Recoil by 15%
      • Reduced Spread by 15%
      • Increased Weight by 6
      • Decreases ADS speed by 6%
  2. Medium Stocks
    • All Medium Stocks would-
      • Reduced Recoil by 10%
      • Reduced Spread by 10%
      • Increased Weight by 4
      • Decreases ADS speed by 4%
  3. Light Stocks
    • All Light Stocks would-
      • Reduced Recoil by 5%
      • Reduced Spread by 5%
      • Increased Weight by 2
      • Decreases ADS speed by 2%
  4. No Stocks
    • All Stock Plates would-
      • Increased Recoil by 7.5%
      • Increased Spread by 7.5%
      • Decrease Weight by 6
      • Increases ADS speed by 6%

One snag though would be trying to figure out how to treat the Bullpup and certain PSR weapons in this situation as they wouldn't realistically have these options. Though with some "video game magic" (Looking at you Shotgun Long Barrel reducing close range damage magically), I'm sure the developers could figure out something for them in exchange. Overall though I suspect Stocks will just remain a cosmetic only feature in the end. But, if they wanted to try to include it as a stat changing customization feature, then I wouldn't mind giving it the ye'ol college try while in Early Access. Outside of Early Access though I wouldn't bother with it and would say just keep stocks as a cosmetic only option.

Edited by Dunabar
  • Like 1

There will be advantages and disadvantages of the attachments. There is no ETA for that.

• Thanks 1

Expect a complete rebalance of everything and changing on how things work in the system with the new UI coming, we've made some big changes to how attachments and weight work, it will be much more fun to customize and will require you to make choices, instead of 'always this sight, this barrel, this grip and some other stuff, whatever'. There's a lot to be done still, so don't hold your breath, but in general, it will be very different.

Just so we're clear, we're not limiting the customization options and you will still be able to make triple laser monstrosities if you want, but each attachment will have good and bad, so you'll have to balance them out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this