tynblpb

[Attachments][Feature] Add mag-pool mechanics. For drum mags.

Question

Due to their excessive usage by majority of players(me included) drum mags should be somehow nerfed.

My suggestion is to add mag-pool mechanics exclusively for drum mags. So the person who would reload his ammo while having 50 out of 60 rounds in the drum would lose them all. OR  if it's too hardcore for this day players it would switch to second drum and the first would stay on the background with the amount of ammo it had before reloading.

To compensate this nerf reload time should be decreased especially because current slooooow reloading feels rly forced.

Because now there is almost no disadvantage in using the drum mags as the 50-60 rounds are more than enough for all possible firefights and if u didn't kill enemies with 60 rounds it was:

1) hopeless fight.

2) u r hopeless.

Any objections?

Edited by tynblpb

11 answers to this question

We're definitely against creating special mechanics for special cases, this is just a design band-aid, not a solution and it requires us to track and fix two systems instead of one. Drum mags will be balanced by their reload speed more int he future, especially because in the new animation system we have a lot better control over it.

Right now we have to slow down the whole animation, so it can look weird, in the new one we can pause it when there's no hand on the screen and unpause, so it looks more natural, but will also let us balance them easier.

Btw, I think people don't realize that short mags boost ADS speed as well, I run 20 round mags because of this and the quicker reloads :P

38 minutes ago, Ragir said:

Right now we have to slow down the whole animation, so it can look weird, in the new one we can pause it when there's no hand on the screen and unpause, so it looks more natural, but will also let us balance them easier.

Please keep in mind that players can look around using Alt. I don't want to see my soldier with his hand up his ass reaching for a new drum or mag

3 hours ago, Matt_dOvale said:

Please keep in mind that players can look around using Alt. I don't want to see my soldier with his hand up his ass reaching for a new drum or mag

It's either this or slowed down animation, we can't have 60 round mags that reload as fast as others for balance purposes :P

3 часа назад, Matt_dOvale сказал:

I don't want to see my soldier with his hand up his ass reaching for a new drum or mag

42 минуты назад, Ragir сказал:

It's either this ........ for balance purposes :P

I have an awesome idea that would absolutely logically explain the slow drum mag reload!🤩

Just imagine, guy muttering, gritting his teeth: "My first is empty, this is my second and last one" is putting the hand in his pants and while panting is trying to take something out of there(this is where reloading becomes "slow"). And finally he would pull out... Drum mag! 

And then he would rly fast, like a real proЪ, reload his gun.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 минут назад, †FeuerEuphorie† сказал:

Well, I vote Yes! Because I personally want magpool for all weapon.

Unfortunately it's too hardcore for majority of modern day players...

2 минуты назад, tynblpb сказал:

I remember your suggestion about hop in/out. I saw same in BF5, when you must stand on the left side of the tank to enyer driver's sit. And it isn't hardcore at all=)

3 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Maybe there'll be room for a hardcore playlist, or modded servers if we get clan / private servers