tynblpb

[Feature]Rework: Let artillery do the volley firing.

Currently Shrapnel artillery strike is the most unpopular. It has too big intervals between explosions and with its highest radius the chances to deal any damage to infantry are dramatically low.

My suggestion is to rework the SH and HE artillery strikes so they would do volley firing now. Current AT strike can be displayed as [1,1,1,1,1,1,1..........1] where 1 is the each shells's explosion.

My suggestion is to make HE strike to be [1,1,1,1....1,1,1,1....1,1,1,1..............1,1] so it would be 4 consecutive explosions, pause, 4 consecutive explosions, pause and so on.

And for SH it would be [4....4....4....4.............4] where 4 means that there are 4 explosions simultaneously, pause, again 4, pause and so on. And duration of the SH strike should be the same as the HE strike. With volley explosions SH would work as micro-bombbarrage and would be much more intimidating than current SH strike where there is 1 lonely explosion in the 30m radius circle. Usually players don't even move when there is SH strike on their positions, because u should be rly unlucky to be killed by it.

Me personally is using AT artillery strike vs infantry instead of SH because even though their AoE is incomparable, efficiency is incomparable too.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 4

This as well as a short delay before rounds start hitting. My thought is that the shells need time to travel after you call them.

• Like 3

2 часа назад, NeoOrNeon сказал:

This as well as a short delay before rounds start hitting. My thought is that the shells need time to travel after you call them.

How much of a delay? There was around 4-5 secs delay in previous patches. Artillery was, I wouldn't say utterly, but words "pretty much" useless can be used to describe in what state artillery was 10 months ago.

Ehmmm. 1 question:

@MOBBOB, @nubbits, @NeoOrNeon.

3 "likes" under the opening post and only 1 vote-up. What u did like in post to like it and what u didn't not to upvote it? I'm confused.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

How much of a delay? There was around 4-5 secs delay in previous patches. Artillery was, I wouldn't say utterly, but words "pretty much" useless can be used to describe in what state artillery was 10 months ago.

4-5 seconds but the warning shouldn't sound until it hits. This with the volley might be interesting.

3 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Ehmmm. 1 question:

@MOBBOB, @nubbits, @NeoOrNeon.

3 "likes" under the opening post and only 1 vote-up. What u did like in post to like it and what u didn't not to upvote it? I'm confused.

Sorry I forget about the upvote system

15 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Currently Shrapnel artillery strike is the most unpopular.

Lemme stop you right there, that's a stipulation that has no real meaning, since you can't know that it's 100% true. Basing your argument on a flawed data is a very common mistake.

I personally use only shrapnel because it has the big radius and lets me control a point for some time and clear it most of the time, it's not for killing, just crowd control. Same goes for the anti armor - it's more to scare a tank away and/or damage than to destroy it.

That said, we've talked about the delay and a siren to let people know something's coming, it might be implemented at some point for sure - if we do this, the artillery can be more effective and deadly, because now it's your fault you didn't run.

2 минуты назад, Ragir сказал:

Lemme stop you right there, that's a stipulation that has no real meaning, since you can't know that it's 100% true. Basing your argument on a flawed data is a very common mistake

It's my 100% biased, but 100% empirical opinion.😋

4 минуты назад, Ragir сказал:

I personally use only shrapnel because it has the big radius and lets me control a point for some time and clear it most of the time, it's not for killing, just crowd control

Sry. Currently No Intimidation - No Area Clearing and No Control.

WCMD is the best example of area clearing and control strike. When players just see incoming bomber they start to move much more faster than when they are in epicenter of SH artillery strike.

I'd personally would like to hear the *Thoumbs* the artillery would make a few seconds before impact. Realistically though, the shells should have like ~15-20 seconds of travel time, but that would be unbalanced and above all annoying if you want to attack / defend a point quickly. 

In general, I agree that they could be more useful, but bear in mind that this means probably increasing the BP cost as well. For most it's not a problem, but we have to think about those first 5-10h of play as well, since this is the time that converts someone interested into devoted player. If you get strike like this easier - it's a plus. If you get under a strike like this and somehow live, it's a cool story.

I'd personally go for just adding more strikes that are varied in their usage - leave this one like it is or slightly change it and make a copy with different stats that is a bit more expensive, but also more deadly.

7 минут назад, Ragir сказал:

I'd personally go for just adding more strikes that are varied in their usage - leave this one like it is or slightly change it and make a copy with different stats that is a bit more expensive, but also more deadly.

4-6 guns battery or 30-40-50 shells volley?

Or...

3500 BPs = 500 BP call-in and 100 BP per shell. 30 shells.

5500 BPs = 500 BP call-in and 50 shells.

Count me in.

• Like 1